• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I just played Kamino as droids and this shit annoyed the hell out of me.

The Hero obsession is what's really killing this game long term. I really think the trooper combat is great and yet we've never got anything for them. No new weapons or classes or anything except some simple skins

I get that games take time and they're running on a skeleton crew but I really don't see why they can't offer a game mode that just removes the heroes. Or way to make custom servers so you can remove them (ala Battlefield V).

If the heroes were weaker glass cannons like the reinforcements it'd be better, or if there was some sort of high-risk way for troopers to quickly remove a hero.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
The Hero obsession is what's really killing this game long term. I really think the trooper combat is great and yet we've never got anything for them. No new weapons or classes or anything except some simple skins

I get that games take time and they're running on a skeleton crew but I really don't see why they can't offer a game mode that just removes the heroes. Or way to make custom servers so you can remove them (ala Battlefield V).

If the heroes were weaker glass cannons like the reinforcements it'd be better, or if there was some sort of high-risk way for troopers to quickly remove a hero.

And yet people on the sub are trying to get Health on Kill as a passive ability for all heroes.

It's pretty amazing how they haven't added any new blasters yet

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I'm still having major crashing issues with this game on Xbox One X. Since I have a launch unit I had the thermal paste replaced (it was dried out) but it hasn't helped at all with Battlefront II crashing on the title screen. I've tried deleting and reinstalling along with suggested tips from EA and nothing seems to work.

I also have the game on PS4 Pro and although it does kick the fan into high gear the game runs fine. Any others experienced this specific issue with the Xbox One X version?

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
It's absolutely ridiculous getting 300 credits for placing 4th after almost an hour of Capital Supremacy. I can play maybe 1-2 hours a day, I get more credits from the daily login lol

And I still hate heroes. Still wishing for a special weekend without heroes in GA/CS, or one-time-use heroes. I'm fed up with this shit

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Capitol Supremacy is fun but holy hell are the matches too long. Doesn't help that the ships are the same regardless of map.

I do enjoy the game a lot overall, though. Glad I finally picked it up last year. I can't imagine how huge the game could have been if it had resembled something like this from the jump.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
It's absolutely ridiculous getting 300 credits for placing 4th after almost an hour of Capital Supremacy. I can play maybe 1-2 hours a day, I get more credits from the daily login lol

And I still hate heroes. Still wishing for a special weekend without heroes in GA/CS, or one-time-use heroes. I'm fed up with this shit

It's almost as if they want to force you to buy crystals for skins.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I like the game very much, but i agree that a mode without heroes is needed, asap.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think I am having fun with this game the heroes show up to remind me how much this game fucking sucks with hero and infantry mixed modes.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The Arc troopers are great. If you throw the shock trap at a hero it basically stuns them for a good few seconds and sends them falling over, letting you and the rest of your team just melt through them.

And in regards to the latest update, I'm really having fun with Naboo on Capital Supremacy. Naboo is a great CS map, the change from tickets to 100 keeps it going long enough for the ground section to get gritty and the ship section not to be over in seconds.

The addition of the tank has really changed stuff up and it's great to see big pitched tank battles going on throughout the match. And Naboos alleways allow for some really interesting uses of them to support. And it's hilarious to watch Heroes shit themselves and runaway whenever one appears.

The Droidekas are a bit tricky to get use to, you have to treat them like a turret and deploy them behind cover. But it's really fun to just roll about and zip past clone troopers and around the map at like thirty miles an hour.

I wasn't too sure about the surge of extra reinforcements, with more players having options to avoid the trooper classes, but they die easy enough while having plenty of options to melt through heroes.

Overall, I'm really having fun with this Naboo update. There's a surprising amount of balance with all the extra reinforcement glass cannons bringing enough firepower to level any scenario.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Got this for $6.

Worth it.

However....the balance seems pretty bad, and I really don't get the offering of game modes and maps. Some of the options seem similar but I don't know if the modes are different. Also a lot of rooms are half empty.

And most of the starting guns seems to all suck/not be fun to use.

There's one mode that takes forever to finish because nobody can win.

I'm playing on PSN. Don't know if anyone else plays

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Starting playing yesterday on PC and the matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired. One of three things will happen:

1) The game will be loading the map and it'll just boot me back to the home screen.
2) I get put into an empty server that never fills up and if people do join they just leave because nobody wants to wait that long.
3) I actually get into a match.

The game is fine once I actually get into a match, however, the MM is rather frustrating because I don't know what is causing it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Starting playing yesterday on PC and the matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired. One of three things will happen:

1) The game will be loading the map and it'll just boot me back to the home screen.
2) I get put into an empty server that never fills up and if people do join they just leave because nobody wants to wait that long.
3) I actually get into a match.

The game is fine once I actually get into a match, however, the MM is rather frustrating because I don't know what is causing it.
#2 is my constant experience, even in the "main" modes. And yeah, I've tried switching between east coast and west coast.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Came back after a long hiatus to try capital supremecy.... ok this mode seems amazing ann.... fuck stupid heroes.

Seriously heroes are the worst thing about all the Battlefront games, keep them to their own mode

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Same thing is happening today, I should just stop buying DICE games on PC. It always ends up the same way.

1) Smaller pop makes it hard to find games and other MM issues.
2) The people who do play put a ton of hours into the game and you are clearly outmatched. Trying to grind out star cards against people that are maxed.
3) The games are infested with cheaters. People typing in chat as "admin" that are clearly cheating.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I puts some hours into it, I have mixed feelings about it. I played a lot of the original back in 2015 and while it had issues, I enjoyed it. This game has too much explosive spam, particle effects, and upgrades. For instance, why do heroes need star card upgrades? They are already powerful enough. I also don't agree with all the star card upgrades. It actively hurts anyone new trying to get into the game when they are facing maxed players all the time. The shooting and gun play are great, however half the time you're just getting blown up by all the explosives or CC to death by heroes.

The original felt like it had a good balance between all of this. This game just feels like a clusterfuck. We have to one up the original somehow, so lets just add in a bunch of stuff and hope for the best.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Now that I puts some hours into it, I have mixed feelings about it. I played a lot of the original back in 2015 and while it had issues, I enjoyed it. This game has too much explosive spam, particle effects, and upgrades. For instance, why do heroes need star card upgrades? They are already powerful enough. I also don't agree with all the star card upgrades. It actively hurts anyone new trying to get into the game when they are facing maxed players all the time. The shooting and gun play are great, however half the time you're just getting blown up by all the explosives or CC to death by heroes.

The original felt like it had a good balance between all of this. This game just feels like a clusterfuck. We have to one up the original somehow, so lets just add in a bunch of stuff and hope for the best.

The first one was so good, just needed more content. Alot of the changes in this made it go backwards, felt like an over-correction.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also, the lack of cosmetics sucks. I appreciate they gave us different types of clones. However, what about the Empire? The Empire has a ton of assets they could use. The original had both Shock Troopers and Imperial Guard, which are missing from this game. The Separatist I can understand not having cosmetics since they are droids and they all looked alike, but the Empire and First Order are a different story.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I just can't. These modes feel like you have to play heroes to even have any fun, I like to just play a trooper character and well it feels like I just spawn to get mowed down in seconds from one of heroes who is just bulldozing through hordes of troopers.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'll add my vote to more modes without heroes. The fact that they launched without this and a normal conquest mode is still mind-boggling to me.
I still enjoy the odd game here and there, but usually get frustrated pretty quickly with constantly getting instakilled by some hero.
And when you finally manage to get enough points to play one (which I don't really enjoy too much, but being OP as hell is sometimes fun), half the time all heroes are constantly taken and you can't even play as one. I can't fathom who thought this would be a good idea.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I put this game above the 2015 one mostly because of the PT content. Really big drawback with content in the 1st game.

The problem with Heroes is that they're only really fun to play against troopers. Lightsaber combat being so bad and non-lightsaber users being outmatched in speed and movement makes HvV not fun, especially when you have a team that can't work together. So I like having heroes in other modes since Hero mode is so bad.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I loved 2015 Battlefront so much.

I've been giving this another go over the last two weeks and I think the point system is far more frustrating than the random pickup system. Also I seem to only get Naboo in map rotation.

Maybe I'll reinstall 2015 and play that again for a bit on PS4.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That feeling when you join a game with the opponent at 80% tickets and get into the top 5 players of your team after the first few kills... The matchmaking is a joke.

Anyway, been playing a few rounds of Capital assault focusing on the Republic trooper. Really loving it and it's clearly better than any other class of jet trooper.

The main reason is that their little pistol is insanely good, outmat he's littlersly everything at range except for the arc trooper and sniper. Easily better than the other airiel classes and makes me wish you could choose their guns.

And the rocket especially is incredibly effective against Heroes, as well as scoring "you didn't win" kills when you're in a no-win scenario (IE: surrounded by like twenty enemies with no friendlies around). It's terrible against vehicles, but will one shot troopers at all ranges.

The amount of deadly situations I got out of by jetpacking across the room. You need to learn to get behind cover before jetpacking, otherwise the opponent is gonna lead their shot.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Also I am actually gonna stop playing Galactic assault and capital supremacy now though until they add a trooper only mode. Probbaly ranting but it's just so fucking tedious to be beating your opponents only for four force heroes to gank you at once.

No other game would allow that sort of balance problem. Not one.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just re-installed this and Capital Supremacy just feels like such a hassle with the whole ship back n forth thing. The matches run way too long.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Also, the lack of cosmetics sucks. I appreciate they gave us different types of clones. However, what about the Empire? The Empire has a ton of assets they could use. The original had both Shock Troopers and Imperial Guard, which are missing from this game. The Separatist I can understand not having cosmetics since they are droids and they all looked alike, but the Empire and First Order are a different story.

There's so much they could of done for troopers and heroes. I really wanted a TLJ and ANH Luke skin as well.

EA and DICE are incredibly incompetent with service games, I doubt a sequel will be much better.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I want to play, but I can't.

My first game, I get caught in an endless loading screen.

My next game I get put in an empty lobby.

My third and final game, I try HvV since it requires less players. I get in a game and there is a cheater on our team. He just one shot everyone. So the entire match is ruined. He gets like +20 kills before players just quit.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Okay soooo I tried it again and while I still just adore the maps in this game and the battles still feel strangely way more epic compared to 2....

Something's off about the game now. Maybe it's the people playing who are clearly veterans or the stilted mechanics, but something ain't right.
Yeah I remember never aiming and just shooting from the hip the whole time from the first game. And having jumped back into 2 after some time, noticed how everyone became a Pro. Barely make it to the top half anymore. Lol. I used to be a badass with this game at launch too. (._.)

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay soooo I tried it again and while I still just adore the maps in this game and the battles still feel strangely way more epic compared to 2....

Something's off about the game now. Maybe it's the people playing who are clearly veterans or the stilted mechanics, but something ain't right.
Yep. SWBF2 doesn't feel nearly as good as SWBF1. The sound design is a big part of it, blasters don't have the same punch as they did in the 2015 game and the music isn't coordinated as well.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I remember never aiming and just shooting from the hip the whole time from the first game. And having jumped back into 2 after some time, noticed how everyone became a Pro. Barely make it to the top half anymore. Lol. I used to be a badass with this game at launch too. (._.)
Actually, uh, I meant the other way around lol.

A lot of SWBF2015 is still very entertaining (thank god for blaster variety), but I find most of the remaining players are the ones who really know to cheez it now/have been playing longer than I have at this point now, so I don't find em particularly fun to play with. And this might be more of a anecdotal gripe, but there seems to be this new glitch with the Star Cards where they just randomly activate and I don't think that's getting solved anymore.

I also realize that although I wish Battlefront II capitalized on the openness of the previous games' maps, that ones in 2015 kind of have a more barren quality to them now. So it's too bad we didn't see a better evolution of it in II. The mobility also isn't so hot anymore.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly miss the token system. It made being a hero feel special. BF 2 is just a race to get the hero and then you can just hog them all game because they are so OP.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
New CT was today. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/d...mission-a-look-ahead-at-what-s-coming-in-2019

August:
-Separatists get new trooper skins (training, pilot, jungle)
-command post spawning in CS
-venator and dreadnaught interiors are now HvV maps
-changes to how CS phases work (sounds like shorter capital phases)

September:
-Felucia (large map, sounds like CS only for now)
-Clone Commandos
-Farmboy Luke
-4 player online co op mode (clone wars only for now)
-instant action (offline large scale mode, clone wars only for now)

Beyond:
-more reinforcements, reinforcement customization
-new front end menu with era select
-Rise of Skywalker content, new planet and reinforcements
-hints at CS for other eras, which would include more planets for co op and instant action

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
DICE is on point for Battlefront II compared to other title.

Looking forward to the Clone Commandos and the Reinforcements they'll be adding. Hoping they change the Death Trooper's damn gun.

Gunna bet the Reinforcement for Rise of Skywalker will be the Sith Troopers.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
None of this translates to PC players, but great to see nonetheless. Really glad to see more offline options coming.