• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Something weird must be happening because it's been double xp for me all day and the last match I just did awarded me triple xp.

Wednesday is normally double xp day. It overwrote the triple xp. Happened last week as well. Kinda sucks. Should be back to triple today.

January's event calendar is up

f1o7nkrmwc841.png

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I thought triple XP was going until the 5th? Seems like it's just double XP now
I've been playing on PS4 for a couple of days and it was double XP the whole time, until late yesterday it became triple XP.

EDIT: Thanks Jag for the notice that Wednesday is a double XP day each week (though I'm sure I was only getting double XP on PS4 on Tuesday too).

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing on PS4 for a couple of days and it was double XP the whole time, until late yesterday it became triple XP.

EDIT: Thanks Jag for the notice that Wednesday is a double XP day each week (though I'm sure I was only getting double XP on PS4 on Tuesday too).

I think I saw a post from the always amazing F8RGE that they knew of the issue, but didn't have staff to address it over the holidays. They were going to recommend something to make up for it.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I loaded into a co-op game as the First Order but I got put on the Resistance while my teammates were all on the First Order. Does this happen sometimes in co-op?

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been thinking about how core infantry combat has been put on the backburner these last two years. I believe that in order for this game to be really made great infantry combat needs some love this new year.
  1. New Blasters - I've said this before but we need new weapons. Whether it's just the default blasters made into full weapons or what, we need more.
  2. Soldier Movement - Soldiers are a bit sluggish compared to the 2015 SWBF. I think that strafing speed (moving left and right without turning) should be increased and overall non-sprint speeds should be upped a little bit. Possibly add the vaulting system from Battlefield to help with obstacles if possible.
  3. Recoil and Accuracy Penalties - I think that accuracy penalties for shooting while strafing, moving forward/backwards, and while firing from the hip should be removed. This would make it more like the 2015 game where player positioning was king. It would give soldiers more overall mobility and a greater ability to cope with heroes and reinforcements.
  4. Field of View - This isn't an issue on PC but on console the default infantry field of view is rather small. Reinforcements and heroes have a much wider FoV. I propose adding a toggle in the options that let's you set the infantry FoV to match that of the Reinforcements or to keep it the same if you prefer that.
If we can get all or most of these things in 2020 I think it would really help this game

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I have been thinking about how core infantry combat has been put on the backburner these last two years. I believe that in order for this game to be really made great infantry combat needs some love this new year.
  1. New Blasters - I've said this before but we need new weapons. Whether it's just the default blasters made into full weapons or what, we need more.
  2. Soldier Movement - Soldiers are a bit sluggish compared to the 2015 SWBF. I think that strafing speed (moving left and right without turning) should be increased and overall non-sprint speeds should be upped a little bit. Possibly add the vaulting system from Battlefield to help with obstacles if possible.
  3. Recoil and Accuracy Penalties - I think that accuracy penalties for shooting while strafing, moving forward/backwards, and while firing from the hip should be removed. This would make it more like the 2015 game where player positioning was king. It would give soldiers more overall mobility and a greater ability to cope with heroes and reinforcements.
  4. Field of View - This isn't an issue on PC but on console the default infantry field of view is rather small. Reinforcements and heroes have a much wider FoV. I propose adding a toggle in the options that let's you set the infantry FoV to match that of the Reinforcements or to keep it the same if you prefer that.
If we can get all or most of these things in 2020 I think it would really help this game
New weapons definitely. Selection feels piddly.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a penalty for people quitting HvV early. More than half my matches always have someone leaving when we are down. Get fucking better and hold your L with us, its how you learn.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was a penalty for people quitting HvV early. More than half my matches always have someone leaving when we are down. Get fucking better and hold your L with us, its how you learn.

I will never understand why people don't stay together in HvV. Usually the team that sticks together wins. There is never any reason to run in opposite directions. Wish more people knew this.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What time does the triple XP end? And is it still tomorrow or are they extending it a day or two due to not actually being 3x for a day or two recently?

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Double XP is live. Sorry that's just the usual Wednesday double xp lol

Phasma is soo fun to use in co-op. Just place the sentry droid between the command post and the enemy entry points, and then shoot at the poor bots who get trapped lol

Pro tip: on the last attack phase on Jakku, when going up the stairs from the spawn point, go right instead of left. You'll eventually reach the command post, but the CPU won't have the high ground and you can easily flank them.

I can't wait for OT maps, I love co-op

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Did I run a crazy glitch last night? I was playing co op and a player spawned into the enemy team as Anakin and just wrecked us for the whole match. I thought co op was only against bots?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's disappointing there's no warning that someone is trying to spawn on you, as happens in Battlefield. So many times I try to spawn on someone and by the time the spawn timer hits zero they've already entered combat and then I can't. There's a chance they'd stay in cover a couple of seconds more if they knew backup was coming.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
So I just picked this up last night. Seems like a great game so far to just have a bit of crazy fun and get lost in Star Wars sounds and visuals.

Question though -I've leveled up the assault class and have a few skill points but the game won't let me unlock any skill cards. Do I have to "find" or buy the skill cards before I can then use skill points to unlock them?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I just picked this up last night. Seems like a great game so far to just have a bit of crazy fun and get lost in Star Wars sounds and visuals.

Question though -I've leveled up the assault class and have a few skill points but the game won't let me unlock any skill cards. Do I have to "find" or buy the skill cards before I can then use skill points to unlock them?

The game will not let you unlock any cards during a match for some reason.

You need to do it before a match starts or from the main menu.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
How active is the first Battlefront on PS4? I'm thinking of picking it up again since it's dirt cheap at Gamestop. I actually really miss playing the DLC maps from that game.

Oct 29, 2017

You have to be a certain level for some star cards to unlock. I believe they are levels 12, 15 and 20?

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I was thinking about upgrading to the Celebration Edition, since I got the game for 5€ used and wanted to support the devs a little. It's even on sale at the moment (17€)
I'm enjoying alternative skins for heroes and troops, but the grind is real and crystals cost too much.
I only wish you could buy TLJ Rey skin

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Buying the Celebration Edition is the best way to get all the skins cuz grinding for Credits in Battlefront II sucks.

It was worse back then, they made you buy some of the Heroes. And they were expensive

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh

I heard good things about the improvements to this game but its still has way too much star card and unlock bullshit for me to enjoy.

It felt like my guns and abilities weren't doing shit against other players.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Meh

I heard good things about the improvements to this game but its still has way too much star card and unlock bullshit for me to enjoy.

The star cards don't really affect how powerful your guns are though. Are you low level and don't have stuff unlocked? The basic starter weapons are pretty shit compared to what you unlock by playing, so for newer players I can see they feel extra crappy at the game because it sucks that you can't upgrade or do anything with those base weapons.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Meh

You can unlock most of the trooper cards really fast in Co-Op against AI. Those kills also count for gun unlocks (I'm pretty sure they do).

Star Cards shouldn't really affect how strong your guns are. Honestly it's mostly experience. I used to suck against other players until I got a decent amount of play time in.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Meh

Seconding the co-op recommendation. You level up like crazy in that mode, and it's fast enough that you'll both learn how to play effectively and clean up on experience.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Buying the Celebration Edition is the best way to get all the skins cuz grinding for Credits in Battlefront II sucks.

It was worse back then, they made you buy some of the Heroes. And they were expensive
Oh I remember, I bought Obi and Grievous the month before they became free lol. 35k each IIRC

So apparently the 25 headshots trophy doesn't count in co-op. Weird because all other online trophies do

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about upgrading to the Celebration Edition, since I got the game for 5€ used and wanted to support the devs a little. It's even on sale at the moment (17€)
I'm enjoying alternative skins for heroes and troops, but the grind is real and crystals cost too much.
I only wish you could buy TLJ Rey skin
You can probably still find keys for TLJ Rey/Kylo skins.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Oh I remember, I bought Obi and Grievous the month before they became free lol. 35k each IIRC

So apparently the 25 headshots trophy doesn't count in co-op. Weird because all other online trophies do
I've read that it tracks, but only triggers in MP. So you could get 24+ in coop then go to MP and get 1. Maybe.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I've read that it tracks, but only triggers in MP. So you could get 24+ in coop then go to MP and get 1. Maybe.
Ended up getting it earlier today in a GA match on Hoth. Great map for sniping. Didn't pay attention if it unlocked at the very first headshot though.

Now I need the starfighting trophies and the damn Vanguard trophy.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to give this a shot after hearing about it some on the Bombcast and Giant Beastcast. I haven't really enjoyed a Dice Battlefield-style game since 1943... but damn I really love this game. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan, but this game is kinda actively making me like Star Wars more (though I still think the aliens look dumb). I've spent the last handful of evenings just chilling on my couch playing it for multiple hours which is incredibly rare for me to do with a shooter.

I've mostly been sticking to the co-op mode. I tried a single PvP match after a few days of co-op and got decimated. 0 kills, it felt like i'd insta-die if I got even remotely close to the battle areas. I love the co-op though so i'm not bothered much. General Greivous is a lot of fun to play, but it feels like every time I spawn as him that damn goblin Yoda shows up and obliterates me. He has my number.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It's too late to make this change, but going forward, Hero characters need to be separated from the larger infantry based modes.

Keep them in HvV, but having them in Supremacy/GA is incredibly annoying.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Played some co-op and after a map change, I was put on the enemy team and the other three players were on the good guys. Some of the UI didn't change either so messages were really confusing. Never change, DICE.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Next week's Star Wars Battlefront II update drops on Jan 30. We're making some balance changes to Anakin and Palpatine. Auto Players can now hit with melee attacks, and we fixed the issue that allowed them to shoot when they should be immobile. Droideka also gets a small buff.

Also

The January update for Star Wars Battlefront II arrives next week. Brings with it both BB8 and BB9-E as new heroes. Ajan Kloss, Takodana and Jakku come to CS, and are joined by the MC85 and the First Order Star Destroyer. CT & full release notes closer to the time.

Think this weekend is triple XP as well.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I got the Platinum in the first game, but I'll have to pass in this one. Even with a lot of playing at triple and double XP, it's a slog to 50. And those Starfighter mode trophies also look like quite the grind, in a mode I don't enjoy in the first place. I can't complain at all about the value I got from the $6 or whatever it was I spent.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Platinum in the first game, but I'll have to pass in this one. Even with a lot of playing at triple and double XP, it's a slog to 50. And those Starfighter mode trophies also look like quite the grind, in a mode I don't enjoy in the first place. I can't complain at all about the value I got from the $6 or whatever it was I spent.
Getting Hero Ship kills as a starfighter was really hard