• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my first blue card from a reward crate for completing the assault veteran challenge. Survivalist with a 30% shorter health regen. I'll take it.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So in order to level your class, you have to level the star cards themselves? For example I am a level 7 assault and I want a card that opens when I hit level 10, that means I have to work on leveling that cards I do have (scan dart & thermal detonator) to get that level 10 card open?

I was wondering how I would increase the assault rank - I figured I'd just have to play as an assault class to do that.
I think if you get 3 cards you don't have to level 1 then that would make you level 10.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone a hoarder like me who doesn't want to spend their credits and crafting materials?

Not sure what's wrong with me - I know I'm going to have to spend stuff in order to get new things to play with.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone a hoarder like me who doesn't want to spend their credits and crafting materials?

Not sure what's wrong with me - I know I'm going to have to spend stuff in order to get new things to play with.
Spend the crafting materials in the class you plan on maining (if any). It'll level it up quicker and you'll be blocked from crafting more after a while (until you reach a certain level) anyway, so you may as well spend them there.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it will take until they change the progression... you get credit super slowly and have no ways of getting lootboxes without them. It could take a few hours just for a single one.

its getting insufferable to unlock anything now. Hurry up and do something, dice

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spend the crafting materials in the class you plan on maining (if any). It'll level it up quicker and you'll be blocked from crafting more after a while (until you reach a certain level) anyway, so you may as well spend them there.
I kinda disagree.

I would say look at all the cards and plan out what ones you're going to use for your build. Only spend crafting parts to level those cards. If you're not high enough level to equip them DONT spend crafting parts, just do challenges that say they give crates and those crates will give you cards to get you the level you need.

Crafting parts are so hard to come by you should only use them to level the cards you're actually going to use.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda disagree.

I would say look at all the cards and plan out what ones you're going to use for your build. Only spend crafting parts to level those cards. If you're not high enough level to equip them DONT spend crafting parts, just do challenges that say they give crates and those crates will give you cards to get you the level you need.

Crafting parts are so hard to come by you should only use them to level the cards you're actually going to use.
I should specify: Spend them only where necessary to get your class level high enough to use as many cards as you can simultaneously. After that, save everything. I play almost exclusively starfighter assault, so there's less star cards to work with overall which is why I've found more success getting zealous with the leveling all the abilities. I wasn't getting anything for my bomber by box, but through some smart spending, I've got fully carded out bomber with uncommon or higher abilities at rank 11 overall.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The Starkiller base blast map has some of the worst spawns I've ever encountered in a DICE game, and that's saying something.
You spawn within 10 feet of the opposing team, and many times you can literally see the opponent spawn after spawning in yourself.
I think that map is way to small for 10v10.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am really finding the campaign to be fun. Not sure why it got so much hate. It's predictable but its visually amazing and I find the combat to be challenging mostly.

My only complain with it is that I keep getting this weird strobe effect during some cutscenes. Not sure if this is due to the game or has something to do with 4k HDR being enabled.....either way it's annoying.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Question for people I'm curious how this works. Do certain maps only cater to that a certain era? For example playing on naboo will i only ever play as clones and droids?

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017
I miss partner spawns and the more generous autoaim of the first game. Maps were better in the first one especially the DLC.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody seems to play Heroes vs Villains.

Honestly I hope EA fixes progression in this game because I feel like I'm getting nothing in any mode.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Well so far I'm really enjoying myself with the campaign, glad I kept my preorder. Will be trying out the multiplayer tomorrow.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Heroes ruin the the ground games too. They essentially created a COD style killstreak system where good players get more perks to be even better. The first game was much more casual friendly which I liked better.
Most people seem to like the new point system, but I think the old pickup system was a lot better. At least it gave everyone an opportunity to get something. It only needed to be tweaked so that they didn't spawn in the exact same locations for people to camp.

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017
Most people seem to like the new point system, but I think the old pickup system was a lot better. At least it gave everyone an opportunity to get something. It only needed to be tweaked so that they didn't spawn in the exact same locations for people to camp.

I agree. Something that keeps it fun for players who aren't good at games like me. All the changes made this game more hardcore. There is enough hardcore shooters. Can we have one that is fun for casuals?

Nov 1, 2017
There are a lot of things to complain about with this game, but it's better in pretty every way, from a pure gameplay perspective, than the first.

No, it's worse. Class system replacing a more open ended custom class system has ruined this game. It's trying to be too much like Battlefield when it should be trying to have its own identity, which the first game did.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Glad you are getting your moneys worth Dude but Im not finding it fun at all. At least my son is digging it or Id say it was a complete waste of money. But honestly its the worst mp game in recent memory and a huge step in the wrong direction from the first game. Im not sure I will spend much more time with it other than splitscreen arcade with my boy.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd love sons cosmetic items. Customize your characters and heroes with different skins. It's weird how they took that away from the first game.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Glad you are getting your moneys worth Dude but Im not finding it fun at all. At least my son is digging it or Id say it was a complete waste of money. But honestly its the worst mp game in recent memory. Im not sure I will spend much more time with it other than splitscreen arcade with my boy.

I'd have to give that nod to ww2, that game is absolute gutter trash. It really is, such poor quality all around

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Hah I was actually considering ww2 since bf2 has been such a bust for me. Who knows. Maybe I should just save my money and go play Overwatch some more.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's worse. Class system replacing a more open ended custom class system has ruined this game. It's trying to be too much like Battlefield when it should be trying to have its own identity, which the first game did.

Nothing is ruined, and even if it were classes wouldn't be why. The gameplay has recieved tons of positive attention and isn't why most people are upset.

Nov 1, 2017
Nothing is ruined, and even if it were classes wouldn't be why. The gameplay has recieved tons of positive attention and isn't why most people are upset.
My point is that the first game was better, regardless of the "praise" the gameplay gets from the people who just wanted a Battlefield reskin. I'm glad this game is getting crucified, basically. They had it right in 2015. That game was actually fun to play. All they needed to do was update the graphics, animations, add a story, new/modified cards, new maps/modes, and keep everything else the same.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that the first game was better, regardless of the "praise" the gameplay gets from the people who just wanted a Battlefield reskin. I'm glad this game is getting crucified, basically. They had it right in 2015. That game was actually fun to play. All they needed to do was update the graphics, animations, add a story, new/modified cards, new maps/modes, and keep everything else the same.
I like the class system but I agree that the gunplay was perfect in the 2015 game. This game is a weird hybrid of the 2015 game and Battlefield 1 and it suffers for it.

Nov 1, 2017
You do realize that the original Battlefront games were class based right?
Yes, I played them both a lot back in the day. They were both basically mods of Battlefield. That's how they started. The 2015 reboot had its own identity, that's my point. It didn't try to be Battlefield. The class system doesn't need to be in the game. It only limits me. Instead of creating my own class with star cards and choosing any blaster I want, I am now limited by what each class can equip.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm a lot better at this game than BF2015 (and I wasn't bad at that one either).

And I think I enjoy the gunplay a lot more, but its hard to tell if its the actual gunplay or just the lack of everyone having jetpacks and all the other gimmicky stuff BF2015 had early on.

Been playing Assault exclusively tho.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Yes, I played them both a lot back in the day. They were both basically mods of Battlefield. That's how they started. The 2015 reboot had its own identity, that's my point. It didn't try to be Battlefield. The class system doesn't need to be in the game. It only limits me. Instead of creating my own class with star cards and choosing any blaster I want, I am now limited by what each class can equip.
And if they were gonna be like battlefield, at least let us level up the class through usage and not star cards.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Having fun, but yeah the progression system is balls. Honestly the Star Card upgrades seem largely meaningless so far (especially the first slot, got one that gave me a 3% damage increase) so I'm just gonna save my credits up for characters for now. Really like the points system for heroes and vehicles within matches. Reminds me of how it worked in the Homefront MP (pretty sure no one else remembers that game lol) and it always felt more fair to me than killstreaks like in COD, since it persists across deaths.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what people are thinking on hating the SP, but damn. It's a lot of fun. And it's straight up a Star Wars story.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Played the multiplayer first and I kind of prefer the first game's.

But I'm loving this campaign way more than I thought I would. It's gotta be the first good Star Wars campaign I've played in over ten years and I can easily see myself replaying it a few times. Fun, cinematic, serviceable story, just after ROTJ, includes OT characters, and looks incredible. It reminds me of some of the classic LucasArts games. It's a dream game.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the class system but I agree that the gunplay was perfect in the 2015 game. This game is a weird hybrid of the 2015 game and Battlefield 1 and it suffers for it.
Something something baby's first shooter no depth etc etc.

Yeah I'm still kind of struggling with the new gunplay. When I went back to BF2015 earlier this afternoon I was performing MUCH better than I am in this game, just isolated to gun battles, nothing to do with map knowledge/positioning. Can't quite put my finger on why; I doubt people playing BF2 are SUPER drastically better enough to account for easily going positive KDR in blast every match on the old game, and struggling to go 1:2 ratio tonight in this one. I don't get it. The kill time for this game is seriously twice as much. Part of it is probably the hipfire penalty that didn't exist in BF2015. Argh. The game is fun but I'm starting to get frustrated. Haven't put in a ton of hours yet, but while I've never been elite at any shooter, I've seriously never been this bad at any shooter ever (albeit small sample size here); first night was somehow much better than the last two.