• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Something something baby's first shooter no depth etc etc.

Yeah I'm still kind of struggling with the new gunplay. When I went back to BF2015 earlier this afternoon I was performing MUCH better than I am in this game, just isolated to gun battles, nothing to do with map knowledge/positioning. Can't quite put my finger on why; I doubt people playing BF2 are SUPER drastically better enough to account for easily going positive KDR in blast every match on the old game, and struggling to go 1:2 ratio tonight in this one. I don't get it. The kill time for this game is seriously twice as much. Part of it is probably the hipfire penalty that didn't exist in BF2015. Argh. The game is fun but I'm starting to get frustrated. Haven't put in a ton of hours yet, but while I've never been elite at any shooter, I've seriously never been this bad at any shooter ever (albeit small sample size here); first night was somehow much better than the last two.

Personally, I'm just noticing an uptick in overall player skill in shooters it seems .. Im a 2-2.5 kind of guy overall and in matches alot higher per match so I definitely have had my share of shooters but I just notice lately how it seems everyone is fucking competent shooters, not saying there aren't bad players out there and that this is anything official but it just seems every game I go into dudes are just there and they're ready to play, and it's a battle.

Now that aside tho I do feel there's something off even tho I'm liking it, the original felt different, I think that the ttk is definitely a huge difference. There are so many guys I swear to God... They just are rolling nonstop.

That is also another huge thing, people didn't use the roll like here, they did but it wasn't commonplace. People here just automatically bash the roll button so that ties things up and then it buys time for another player to come and fight you as well.

I think it's maneuverability mainly, you can be shifty but it doesn't feel natural, it's shift via skills like rocket pack or rocket dodge, roll etc... In 2015 I felt like I could really move, dodge, duck, alot faster. This has a more Battlefield approach where it's guns mainly and not so much on the run.

It's weird I love and I'm enjoying it but I do miss stuff from 15 and how it felt.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So does anyone else have it happen sometimes where you lose connection to the EA servers and then all your game modes are grayed out? How do you get around that without restarting the game?

It usually happens after you get the message "lost connection to EA servers", but I just had it happen with no message while skimming through the menus.

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
I rented and beat the game today. What the hell at the ending? I also did not notice the level with the tall grass that was teased in the gameplay trailer? Am I crazy?

Too much flying for my liking, but gunning was fun.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
MTTs feel incredibly difficult to kill with no anti vehicle weapons that you can access easily like BF1.

Shooting Kylo Ren in the back of the head as a wookiee is satisfying as hell.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So does anyone else have it happen sometimes where you lose connection to the EA servers and then all your game modes are grayed out? How do you get around that without restarting the game?

It usually happens after you get the message "lost connection to EA servers", but I just had it happen with no message while skimming through the menus.

Should be able to reconnect with R3.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've noticed is that people are soo not used to flanking (Galactic Assault on most of the maps) that I often find myself coming from behind a point and mopping people defending said point.

Flanking routes are also not always super obvious but they are there most of the time, even if you sometimes have to go out of bounds for a few seconds.

Its like a lot of people playing this game never played a game like Battlefield before.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
One thing I've noticed is that people are soo not used to flanking (Galactic Assault on most of the maps) that I often find myself coming from behind a point and mopping people defending said point.

Flanking routes are also not always super obvious but they are there most of the time, even if you sometimes have to go out of bounds for a few seconds.

Its like a lot of people playing this game never played a game like Battlefield before.

I'm always about flanking but the thing for me is it seems like in these games with radars that give it away, when I turn the corner I have like 8 guys just staring at me... It didn't happen in last game tho because I always had the perk that took me off radar, I miss that so bad.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm always about flanking but the thing for me is it seems like in these games with radars that give it away, when I turn the corner I have like 8 guys just staring at me... It didn't happen in last game tho because I always had the perk that took me off radar, I miss that so bad.

I always stop sprinting when I know I'm close to people, cause I assume that still gives you away on the map in this game.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
First game was criticized for being barebones and casual. Now we got a contentrich game with a surprisingly competent singleplayer part and gameplay where actually skill is required and even that is not ok it seems.
Get your shit together, seriously. Have fun with videogames and accept the fact that not everything in this world must be adjusted to please subjective preferences. Gamers are a whiny bunch of hypocrites.

Regarding the game, it's maybe one of the best sequels ever. The first one was exploited after five hours. Here you got dept. Halleluja for that.
Progression system is objectively bad but hopefully they make the right changes asap.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

That's one thing that is a huge improvement over Battlefront '15. There's a million ways to flank the opponent or to reach the objective.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Fucking wookies man, when I use one I'm dead in seconds but people take endless hits

Yeah, I'm noticing this too. Maybe they've all gotten upgraded cards, but it's the same with Heroes. I spawn in with Kyle Ren, and I'm dead in a few seconds because every gun is trained on me. When the other team spawns a hero? Apparently I'm the only one who takes shots at him, because there's suddenly no one around. People are also bad about playing the objective in this one... seemingly.

I'm used to playing with piss-poor teammates in Battlefront 1, but damn, man.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
First game was criticized for being barebones and casual. Now we got a contentrich game with a surprisingly competent singleplayer part and gameplay where actually skill is required and even that is not ok it seems.
Get your shit together, seriously. Have fun with videogames and accept the fact that not everything in this world must be adjusted to please subjective preferences. Gamers are a whiny bunch of hypocrites.

Regarding the game, it's maybe one of the best sequels ever. The first one was exploited after five hours. Here you got dept. Halleluja for that.
Progression system is objectively bad but hopefully they make the right changes asap.

Just gotta chime in, man I hate when people dub games as no skill needed. I mean if that were the case everyone in battlefront 2015 should have like a 38.0, 45, 50+ kd or something. But you had your typical player kds going, I'm a decent shooter player and while I had some insane matches in bf2015 like 40 to 50 kills in some modes I still rolled with like a 2.5 kd ratio simply because there were other guys just as good and competitive as I was.

Just a pet peeve of mine when people undermine a games merit but making as if it required zero talent to do anything and that is just not true at all.

Edit: or were you saying that is what others sort of project about bf15?

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I'm noticing this too. Maybe they've all gotten upgraded cards, but it's the same with Heroes. I spawn in with Kyle Ren, and I'm dead in a few seconds because every gun is trained on me. When the other team spawns a hero? Apparently I'm the only one who takes shots at him, because there's suddenly no one around. People are also bad about playing the objective in this one... seemingly.

I'm used to playing with piss-poor teammates in Battlefront 1, but damn, man.

Yea it's why I don't get to excited in games for things like hero mode because I just find that I have the whole team I'm against just take me down in seconds, it's so lame. And then even normal shots seem to just jack me up, if someone is unloading I can kill them but then I'm dead in a second from the next followup..

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Unless the other team gets competent air units up, you can totally camp and provide deadly cover fire for your team in the AAT. I assume you can do something similar in the AT-ST.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
With the Heavy Trooper, I haven't noticed my Ion Turrets targeting enemy troopers (when vehicles are not in range per the description).

Do I just deploy them like normal and that's it to target troopers?

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd love sons cosmetic items. Customize your characters and heroes with different skins. It's weird how they took that away from the first game.
Heroes alone have so many options but nope they didn't put them in there.

Leia:
ANH
Hoth
Bespin
Endor
Boushh
Old

Luke:
McQuarrie Concept
Farmboy
Xwing Pilot
Ceremony
Hoth
Dagobah
Bespin
Endor
Old

Han:
ANH
Echo Base
Hoth
Tatooine
Endor
Old

Vader:
Dark Anakin
Rebels(McQuarrie inspired)
Rebels damaged

Boba Fett:
McQuarrie concept
Holiday Special
Jango(if they never plan to add him separately)

etc.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Just gotta chime in, man I hate when people dub games as no skill needed. I mean if that were the case everyone in battlefront 2015 should have like a 38.0, 45, 50+ kd or something. But you had your typical player kds going, I'm a decent shooter player and while I had some insane matches in bf2015 like 40 to 50 kills in some modes I still rolled with like a 2.5 kd ratio simply because there were other guys just as good and competitive as I was.

Just a pet peeve of mine when people undermine a games merit but making as if it required zero talent to do anything and that is just not true at all.

Edit: or were you saying that is what others sort of project about bf15?
Maybe i exaggerated to attest BF2015 to be a game wich is not skillbased. There of course is some degree of skill involved, would be a tragedy if there was none. But in comparison to other shooters BF 2015 is not deep enough to satisfy a skilled player. It's simply too casual, i think every shooterenthusiast would agree on that. Sure, if you like this simpler approach more it's up to you, but finally there is some dept in Battlefront with 2. Vanilla BF2 is so much superior to vanilla BF1, it's not even funny.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I straight-up suck at this game. Unbelievable that I just can't get behind the mechanics. 1v1 I always end up dead. Even with decent aiming.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I straight-up suck at this game. Unbelievable that I just can't get behind the mechanics. 1v1 I always end up dead. Even with decent aiming.

Some guns are just better than others, so if you're in a 1v1 against a TL-50 user, you're dead if you don't have something just as good. Something to keep in mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Maybe i exaggerated to attest BF2015 to be a game wich is not skillbased. There of course is some degree of skill involved, would be a tragedy if there was none. But in comparison to other shooters BF 2015 is not deep enough to satisfy a skilled player. It's simply too casual, i think every shooterenthusiast would agree on that. Sure, if you like this simpler approach more it's up to you, but finally there is some dept in Battlefront with 2. Vanilla BF2 is so much superior to vanilla BF1, it's not even funny.

Oh I agree that some games have varying degrees of depth, but I believe all of them simply require a skill set that pertains to that game. Whether it's cod, Battlefield, destiny, battlefront, halo, etc. They all have their ins and outs to learn to be effective.

Battlefront 15 while having less depth still required a base skill set. It was maybe a bit more casual however you couldn't just run out there and get 40 kills a match every match, know what I mean? It might may had a little less depth but you still needed a certain handle on some skills to play it and be a great player.

I just don't personally believe any of them are skill less is all. More depth game to game tho, absolutely

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Like in every online shooter with objectives, nothing triggers me more than people staying back and watching their K/D ratio when you have to capture/defend points.
Especially as a defender, where you have no spawn limit and you just need 1! person on the point to stop the enemy capturing it, WHY ARE YOU STANDING WAY BACK TRYING NOT TO DIE??? Just rush the fucking point and stop them from capturing it as long as possible and do as much damage as possible, they have limited lives, you don't FFS!

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I agree that some games have varying degrees of depth, but I believe all of them simply require a skill set that pertains to that game. Whether it's cod, Battlefield, destiny, battlefront, halo, etc. They all have their ins and outs to learn to be effective.

Battlefront 15 while having less depth still required a base skill set. It was maybe a bit more casual however you couldn't just run out there and get 40 kills a match every match, know what I mean? It might may had a little less depth but you still needed a certain handle on some skills to play it and be a great player.

I just don't personally believe any of them are skill less is all. More depth game to game tho, absolutely
can you even see k/d ? i dont see a stat page anywhere

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Like in every online shooter with objectives, nothing triggers me more than people staying back and watching their K/D ratio when you have to capture/defend points.
Especially as a defender, where you have no spawn limit and you just need 1! person on the point to stop the enemy capturing it, WHY ARE YOU STANDING WAY BACK TRYING NOT TO DIE??? Just rush the fucking point and stop them from capturing it as long as possible and do as much damage as possible, they have limited lives, you don't FFS!

Wonder how devs could enforce it more

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
having lots of fun with this ! the hero "killstreak" thing is sooo good ! its amazing fucking up people with darth vader

only sad thing is that the game is almost over when i get enough points to use him

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017

Agree. Every game has its own rules.
Where BF1 failed and BF2 succeeds is to deliver on a more deeper expierience by giving the player way more content.
BF2015 had no satisfyingly deep gameplay and on top of that there was little content, wich to me is even worse than casualized gameplay.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Get your shit together, seriously.
Have fun with videogames and accept the fact that not everything in this world must be adjusted to please subjective preferences. Gamers are a whiny bunch of hypocrites.

Lol at the bolded. I've seen distorted perceptions, but this is something else.
Had to point this out.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's so satisfying to snipe starfighters out of the sky and keep total air control for your side.
Especially on Hoth.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
You know there are lots of other threads for these discussions, I only wanted to point to the elephant in the room. I can of course elaborate if you don't get my drift.. ;)
If you referred to singleplayer content, yes it's an extreme upgrade to the first game: campaign, arcade mode with coop and splitscreen. I've seen distorted perceptions, but how this is not evident i would like to see elaborated.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't call the story campaign "surprisingly competent" either tbh. I would have preferred those resources going elsewhere.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Blast is the best game type
I really need to play the other gamemodes more.
My friend I play with 100% only plays Galactic Assault so that has been my main mode and I sometimes dabbled alone in Starfighter Assault.
Does Blast show any big balance problems in the game since it's less of a chaotic crazyfest?

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from all the crap that has happened with this game, I'm really enjoying it. I hope the progressions system gets changed yes, but the actual gameplay, maps, graphics and sound are really good. It'll be interesting to see what maps they release in the future. However I get some odd bugs. Does anyone get it where you press quit and it doesn't actually quit and you have to do it about 5 times? Also in-between games it will chuck me into another random game but i can't actually move.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Blast is the best game type

giphy.gif

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to play the other gamemodes more.
My friend I play with 100% only plays Galactic Assault so that has been my main mode and I sometimes dabbled alone in Starfighter Assault.
Does Blast show any big balance problems in the game since it's less of a chaotic crazyfest?

Unless you consider the jet pack characters OP...nothing I've noticed. Seems like you have better control of the outcome during firefights because it's less of a clusterfuck. I just prefer TDM to objectives. That and the fact I hate vehicular combat. Just up the player count more a little more and include heroes, I'd never play another game type again.