• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Saw the deal where you get Battlefront 1, 2, and the Hoth costume pack for $7.50 on PSN.

Super tempted to get that one but I also have a decent laptop so I don't know if I should get it on PS4 or PC.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
In the last few days I have heard a few interesting things about the future of Star Wars: Battlefront. I was initially curious if we would see anything from Star Wars: Episode IX coming to the Star Wars: Battlefront II. According to our sources as of right now, we should not expect anything significant from the final sequel trilogy film in the game. It doesn't mean there might not be a new skin or character down the road, but as of right now it doesn't look like anything significant is on the way from the final Skywalker Saga film. While no one would rule out a new Rey or Kylo skin, it doesn't sound like they have access to Star Wars: Episode IX content as of now.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/03/whats-the-status-on-a-star-wars-battlefront-3/

They're usually pretty accurate when it comes to Star Wars leaks. So no Episode IX content for Battlefront 2 and Battlefront 3 is not currently in development.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
https://makingstarwars.net/2019/03/whats-the-status-on-a-star-wars-battlefront-3/

They're usually pretty accurate when it comes to Star Wars leaks. So no Episode IX content for Battlefront 2 and Battlefront 3 is not currently in development.

As much as BF2 got hammered at launch and it's reputation tarnished it still sold a bucket load of copies because it's Star Wars. They'd be crazy to pass up such easy money by advertising the game featuring some more content from IX when the new film comes out; especially as there is no BF3 planned.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know this has been talked to death already but it's still hilarious to me that we are getting a skin of Count Dooku in pajamas before we got alt skins for Vader, Palpatine, Maul, etc. and they've been in the game since launch!!!!!

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've been sucking this "prequelmeme" dick for a long time now. I really hate it, damn GenZers who actually really like the prequels.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I know this has been talked to death already but it's still hilarious to me that we are getting a skin of Count Dooku in pajamas before we got alt skins for Vader, Palpatine, Maul, etc. and they've been in the game since launch!!!!!
Yeah that skin is really dumb that's just them trying to appease reddit who seem to just love memes.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anakin is too strong i believe he's breaking the game, for example i was at the basement and anakin was in the 1st floor he used that explosion technique i died in the floor below and i was far from him, and its a pain in the ass to kill him

edit: not just that time i pĺayed a bunch of games and it sux to play against him

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
anakin is too strong i believe he's breaking the game, for example i was at the basement and anakin was in the 1st floor he used that explosion technique i died in the floor below and i was far from him, and its a pain in the ass to kill him

edit: not just that time i pĺayed a bunch of games and it sux to play against him

I believe they've already confirmed Anakin will be getting some balance adjustments in Tuesday's update.
I hope they don't nerf him too much, he is pretty mandatory for light side to have a fighting chance in Heroes vs Villains.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128692/community-transmission-capital-supremacy/

D2RTCyBVAAA9j2C.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of player count, Capital Supremacy will be a 20 v 20 game mode, meaning up to 40 player-controlled units at any one time can take part. In addition to this, there will be 12v12 AI-controlled units during the planetary phase of the battle. We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Wars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes. This is similar to how we use AI within Starfighter Assault to add to scale and the feeling of heroism as you cut through them.
Aaand they ruined it.

One map and Clone Wars only. How fucking hard is this to get right?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine working on a new game mode for an entire fucking year and having 1 map to show for it.

And here I was expecting TWO maps and ready to be disappointed by that lmfaoooo

It really can't be more obvious. There are either literally only 5-10 people left working on this game or it's seriously just the most incompetent bottom of the barrel DICE devs shuffled on to SWBF2 to keep them away from Battlefield.

Also, no starfighters.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I've lowered expectations to the point that all this game has to do for me now is just add more fucking blasters and I will not complain forever

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing that Battlefront is Star Wars skins on Battlefield done well,
the Battlefield company gets control of Battlefront and suddenly they don't even know how to make Battlefields anymore.
I'd be a bit more angry had Battlefield not been garbage since 4 as well

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
No starfighters is awesome, nothing worse then being targeted by ships when you're a Hero and there's nothing you can do about it.

One map for the new mode is wack though, it's gonna be fun for like a week before it gets old. This was my main multiplayer game for a long time, glad I moved on.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
What? I love that they are putting in AI Bots on both sides, it made the battles so much more epic feeling in both Battlefront game and Titanfall.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? I love that they are putting in AI Bots on both sides, it made the battles so much more epic feeling in both Battlefront game and Titanfall.
I play multiplayer to play against real people, not bots. Even way back playing the original SWBF and SWBF2 online on the PS2 only the noob servers turned bots on (we also had a lot more control over our experience than we do today...).

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I play multiplayer to play against real people, not bots. Even way back playing the original SWBF and SWBF2 online on the PS2 only the noob servers turned bots on (we also had a lot more control over our experience than we do today...).

Dunno I played on PC and most of the servers had bots on including the last few that remained in the waning days of the game.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe they've already confirmed Anakin will be getting some balance adjustments in Tuesday's update.
I hope they don't nerf him too much, he is pretty mandatory for light side to have a fighting chance in Heroes vs Villains.
Tried to play again today the same thing, anakin dominating all games... sigh... i will wait until they fix him, the game sux now to play its not fun anymore

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Total incompetence.

The lack of starfighters and only one map is the worst, but the former makes sense since DICE didnt develop the starfighter part of the game. The latter is just the usual DICE Battlefront team incompetence we've seen since 2015, where no matter how low your expectations are, they always manage to dissapoint them.

As for bots, I have no issue with them, in fact, they shoud be added to all the other game modes so that they can be playable again.

the Battlefield company gets control of Battlefront and suddenly they don't even know how to make Battlefields anymore.

Yeah. For all the great work the DICE artists did on their two games, the people in charge were quite possibly the worst possible people to be there. How the heck did they miss the point this badly.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so no conquest mode?

This is more like Titan mode from BF2142 or Carrier Assault from BF4. There are conquest-style capture areas, but the goal is to destroy the enemy ship rather than to simply hold the majority of the posts.

It sounds like the game mode that 2015 should have launched with, but it's much smaller in scope than anyone wanted. You can tell by almost all of the DICE replies to the subreddit being "No".

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This is more like Titan mode from BF2142 or Carrier Assault from BF4. There are conquest-style capture areas, but the goal is to destroy the enemy ship rather than to simply hold the majority of the posts.

It sounds like the game mode that 2015 should have launched with, but it's much smaller in scope than anyone wanted. You can tell by almost all of the DICE replies to the subreddit being "No".

Never played either of those. Doesn't sound like what I was hoping for, so I think I'm done with BF II.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Either they completely forgot how to make good games. Or the ppl that made the great Bad Company 2, BF2 : Modern Combat & BF4......are no longer there. Cuz i agree. They've made 4 bad games in a row now. And in a short amount of time. I try to force myself to buy these games and enjoy them. But the gameplay is just so disappointing and the opposite of fun. I played their old games for years after launch. Now i drop their games after 2 months.

Oct 29, 2017
Either they completely forgot how to make good games. Or the ppl that made the great Bad Company 2, BF2 : Modern Combat & BF4......are no longer there. Cuz i agree. They've made 4 bad games in a row now. And in a short amount of time. I try to force myself to buy these games and enjoy them. But the gameplay is just so disappointing and the opposite of fun. I played their old games for years after launch. Now i drop their games after 2 months.

EA, like so many other publishers, have looked at the GaaS model as an excuse to release unfinished games at full price and they've just totally kicked themselves in the balls on the execution.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those lightsaber changes .... Maul is going to be completely useless now.

Yep. He was already nerfed into the ground with Anakin, this is just the final nail in his coffin.

Weirdly though they quoted melee and blaster block stats for him, so maybe they gave him a block and forgot to put it in the CT notes?

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Which raises the question: why was that edited out?

Theory: That was originally planned but EA has since decided to end or at least further scale back the ongoing support of Battlefront 2 following this update.
Or:

There was a last minute change so as not to hint at future updates until the roadmap is out, hence Ben's frustration at that line being edited out. He wouldn't have hinted at more maps if it wasn't happening.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. He was already nerfed into the ground with Anakin, this is just the final nail in his coffin.
The only thing that would make sense would be if they were letting him use block finally but it doesn't look like that's the case. They even removed his stamina card in one of the updates for a health card so you can't even equip that to offset the nerf.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still miffed we don't have modes like Drop Zone and Sabotage. They were the two best small modes from the 2015 game.

Oct 29, 2017
So whats everyones impressions of the new mode? I tried to play it this morning before work but it crashed twice in a row as soon as the match started....

25580961.gif

Bravo DICE...

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here are my thoughts on the new mode / update after about 1.5 hours playing it.

Also, that 1.5 hours corresponds to a single round. Not joking. There is no overtime / overall round timer. It literally goes until one team kills a capital ship.

Anakin remains hilariously OP, especially during the 2nd phase, which I'll get into in a second.

Behold:

This is the result of a 1.5 hour match between two decently evenly matched teams. During this match I got to call in the new ARC Trooper and really like them, they have a very effective wallhack ability and the dual pistols shred at close range but leave them vulnerable at long range. The long range power shot is pretty weak and hard to aim, which makes them firmly a close range unit.

I didn't have a chance to play the droid side at all because I literally need to take a break and go eat after that single match, but the Droid Commando seemed to be a very powerful and popular longer range reinforcement.

Heroes now cost 4000 BP in this mode, and since you get tons of BP for just capping objectives, as well as the same amount of BP for killing AI units as regular players, you'll be racking up a ton of BP and being able to call in plenty of reinforcements and heroes. The AI in this mode seem adequate, they will sprint, bunny hop, and dodge, but they will not dodge spam against saber heroes and obviously overall are still not as effective as actual players.

The 1st phase is the large scale open mode. It plays like conquest from Battlefield, there are 5 cap points and the team that holds >=3 starts building up tickets. This is the most fun map in Battlefront 2. It feels great to encounter a chokepoint or heavy battle near an objective and actually be able to flank around or go after a different objective instead of having to plunge headfirst into grenade and sentry spam. The classes all seem to work well during this phase.

When one team builds up 50 tickets, a boarding phase begins where you have the opportunity to get as many regular troopers onto transports before the time runs out. This will add extra tickets to your team during the Capital ship phase.

The transition to capital ship phase is where things get kind of rough. There is a forced cutscene, after which you are now limited to only being on the capital ship, which plays like a much more traditional linear and chokepoint-heavy Galactic Assault map. You have to capture 1 of two possible computer consoles, and then plant 2 bombs to win.

If at any point the attacking team runs out of tickets, you get another forced cutscene and then are back on the ground playing the open ended Conquest mode to try to board the capital ships again. Whatever progress you make during this phase will be saved, so if you capture the computer console and plant 1 bomb to 50% and the other one to 70%, that will carry over if your team manages to win the Conquest phase again and make it back onto the enemy capital ship.

During the transitions to and from capital ships, you get dumped back to the character selected screen and will have to re-respawn, which means even if you were a hero or reinforcement before the phase switch, those battle points are refunded to you and your character is now up for grabs again.

Also, that capital ship phase is when Anakin is really stupidly overpowered. I was literally clearing entire hallways and getting 10+ kills with his charge up 360 degree force push, and then almost immediately afterwards his 360 degree force choke would be charged and I would get another 8-10 kills when the enemy team regrouped for another charge.

Given that there are only a few hallways to each objective, the enemy team had no choice but to keep trying to run at me and get behind me lol.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like DICE unlocked all heroes and villains for everyone and said it was intentional, so whoever you haven't bought is now yours. No idea if this this permanent though.