• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...The 2015 game wasn't perfect by any means but I just can't believe how DICE threw away everything that worked with that game when making SWBF2. Matches that had timers so they didn't go on for 90 minutes. An open-ish large scale mode from launch. An open-ish large scale mode without heroes. No AI troopers to pad out playercounts to compensate for bad map design. An immersive cinematic Star Wars experience. Gunplay that felt like Star Wars instead of just glowing bullets. A proper third person camera for infantry. Private matches. Drop Zone (they even ruined that in the 2015 game by reducing it to 6v6 from 8v8).

Its just so disappointing. Maybe my play experience with the original games was radically different from most people. I played SWBF1 and 2 online on the PlayStation 2 for years. We had a small (300~ player) community, but we hosted servers (we had the same functionality as PC) and we never had AI or heroes turned on. We almost always played OT era. We disabled vehicles from spawning by editing the server files. We disabled the special classes (Reinforcements). It was pure arcade infantry vs infantry gameplay.

The small modes in SWBF2017 are so bad I can't even get a good infantry only experience.

Last edited:

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't the first time DICE have left out a round timer. I believe their original iteration of jetpack cargo would go on forever too lol.

bighugeguns

Banned
Feb 21, 2019
Hey yeah, why not import the Battlefront I maps into Battlefront II like the guys did with Hitman 2? How many maps would that add to the game?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wondered this. Seems like a relatively painless way to help soften the blow of so few new maps if old ones were drip-fed throughout the year.
I think a problem for the bigger mode maps from 2015, you kinda have to bring back WA/Supremacy as well which is another chore for them to adapt I guess. Although WA sorta already fits the the GA format so that should be relatively easier. Nevertheless, they may lack some of the freedom that made those maps fun to play around if they go hard on the GA aspect.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh

And now the last 2 servers I joined had the nobody can spawn bug for CS.

LOL and the 3rd one makes it to the cutscene and the server goes down.

One more try before I just go to Division 2 for the night. Fuckin' hell DICE

Edit:

4th AND 5th server (I'm weak) bugged. Fuck it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I think a problem for the bigger mode maps from 2015, you kinda have to bring back WA/Supremacy as well which is another chore for them to adapt I guess. Although WA sorta already fits the the GA format so that should be relatively easier. Nevertheless, they may lack some of the freedom that made those maps fun to play around if they go hard on the GA aspect.

Omitting those two modes was a stupid decision in the first place.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They made the same mistakes with Battlefield and making maps essentially for new modes which made them awful for other modes or they struggled to make them work.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like limiting Administrator's Palace to blast and HvV is a travesty. Sabotage is such a good mode and works so well on that map. Plus that map would work well for Domination or small Conquest.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They made the same mistakes with Battlefield and making maps essentially for new modes which made them awful for other modes or they struggled to make them work.

I think with the way the Naboo and Kamino maps are, they could probably get away with little to no changes in bringing them into the playlist. A positive and negative is that the second phase could just be a copy and paste, so in theory there would be "little" work there, but it would just be the same no matter the map you were playing.

Also the new Geonosis map might work for Blast with how it's laid out as well.

Oct 29, 2017
Well i finally got in a game of CS last night and it was really good. I think I just lucked out though. I was on the droids side and we lost on the ground but defended the ship, then ended up destroying the clone ship. Its a pretty fun mode but I dont know how much time I will spend with it since its only 1 map. The ship interiors didnt seem all that interesting but there are some nice flanking routes available. I did some absolute work flanking with the battle droid by sneaking up behind squads and opening up on them wiht the rocket and overcharge abilities.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tm1jtXp.png

DICE's mantra of no balanced matchmaking in their games is getting real irritating lol

Oct 29, 2017
Dude, that clone trooper special unit sucks my nuts. Shitty damage, inaccurate outside of close quarters, the charge shot is pretty much useless, wall hack is kinda nice but it doesnt mean shit since hes got such a hard time doing damage.

I dont see the point of this guy, the droids definitely got the better deal.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, that clone trooper special unit sucks my nuts. Shitty damage, inaccurate outside of close quarters, the charge shot is pretty much useless, wall hack is kinda nice but it doesnt mean shit since hes got such a hard time doing damage.

I dont see the point of this guy, the droids definitely got the better deal.

Disagree 100%. Homeboy *shreds* at close range, and his wallhack is the best in the game

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both new infiltrators have power crept to be better than some blaster heroes lol

Vibroblade better than Phasma staff, wallhack better than Fett, smoke nade better than Lando

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The Arc Troopers are the best you can just dump with those blasters and kill everything super quick even the tanks.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm having a lot of fun with CS

Hope we get more maps soon.

I wonder if those Red Troopers from the leaked IX poster will end up being the sequel's infiltrators

Oct 29, 2017
So I came back to the game after a hiatus and Ive only recently played matches with Anakin in them but....dude, this guy needs a nerf. In CS, its always the same. He rushes in to a group of the other team and performs one AOE move that kills everybody. Then dashes away for his health and abilities to regen. Also it seems like he has a crazy amount of health too.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So I came back to the game after a hiatus and Ive only recently played matches with Anakin in them but....dude, this guy needs a nerf. In CS, its always the same. He rushes in to a group of the other team and performs one AOE move that kills everybody. Then dashes away for his health and abilities to regen. Also it seems like he has a crazy amount of health too.

Anakin was made purposedly powerful to be like his TCW OP self.

But they did go overboard....

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm officially bored with the one map we got with CS.

Going back into GA made me realize how small the map in CS really is...for what is supposed to be a large scale ground mode, it launched with a map that would barely qualify as a small Battlefield map.

Still boggles my mind that this is the best a supposedly AAA studio could do in almost a year.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This Conquest map is the flattest, most boring map DICE has made in decades. There are no landmarks, no places of interests, whatsoever.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it does seem a bit small it'd be interesting to know how the size compares to some of the bigger maps in BF2015. Maybe I'm misremembering but the supremacy maps did feel bigger than Geonosis.

My main issue with the mode though is the conquest phase is a bit too short. I'd much prefer more time down on the ground rather than going up to the capital ships. I think that's something they'd be able to address by upping the number of tickets you need to trigger the ship phase though.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Still haven't played CS. But the new reinforcements are the highlight for me in this update. While the ARC is great and arguably the better of the two, I am in love with the BX droid to the extent I prefer nabbing one over heroes at times.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/gravemind-iv/video/72162262

I do feel like Maul and Vader suffer a lot at the moment. Maul feels very clunky as opposed to launch, such as his spin having weird momentum, strikes not registering and saber throw hitbox stuff. Vader can swing like 8 times, which is pitiful and he seems to suffer the most (from what I have found) from saber strikes not hitting people or getting 'dodged' by rolling. What I don't get about Dice's balancing is that Anakin has 4 (disgustingly good) abilities and in addition he gets insane saber damage and attack speed, decent mobility and a fuckton of health. Where's the trade-off? And I highly doubt the hotfix is gonna gut him.. probably just going to be a slap on the wrist. It's actually hilarious at which speed I got him to 40 (I only play GA) in comparison to other heroes (which I have been playing since launch).

Jeesh, like increase Maul's choke hold damage to 150 and give Vader damage reduction on his choke or something.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone on the Reddit datamined a block animation for Maul, hope they turn it on soon.

Thought we were getting the next content roadmap last month, maybe this week?

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CS getting 1 new map per month over the next 3 months, but Clone Wars only and based on existing planets (probably so they can use the existing external assets and capital ship interiors)

So Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyk in whatever order

Oct 29, 2017
What? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that wasn't real, just a fan concept.

Its here

Mygeeto will be the first map in Star Wars Battlefront II to feature a Prequel Trilogy scenario, AND an Original Trilogy scenario. The Prequel scenario is covered fairly in depth in this Transmission, and the Original Trilogy scenario will receive it's own Transmission closer to release.

In the meantime however, we can tell you that it's based on the battle mentioned in the original novel "Battlefront: Twilight Company". It will feature a brand new objective, new planet default skins for the Rebel Alliance (the sixty first mobile infantry), as well as additional parts of the map that are unreachable in the Prequel Trilogy version.