• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I probably would have fallen for that too lol

Obvious support for the game is winding down, all of the CS maps are just gonna use currently existing assets / maps and the Clone Wars capital ship interiors

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
When they said "additional location" its probably referring to existing planets just with new CS mode added.

Well I like CS mode, so thats probably good for me. But no new weapons is dumb.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denial is hitting the subreddit HARD today lmao.

Seen posts saying "it's a good thing they don't have a lot planned on the roadmap, leaves them open to add more stuff later!"

And

"It's actually a good thing CS mode is limited to Clone Wars, here's why!"

Hilarious and sad

Oct 25, 2017
Denial is hitting the subreddit HARD today lmao.

Seen posts saying "it's a good thing they don't have a lot planned on the roadmap, leaves them open to add more stuff later!"

And

"It's actually a good thing CS mode is limited to Clone Wars, here's why!"

Hilarious and sad

There's some unique aspects to BF2 in regards to the reaction to the lootboxes and the resources needed to sort that post launch, but as far as Dice is concerned, removing the season pass has been a disaster for post launch support. It made me hold off Battlefield V, and it will continue to do so in future for Dice games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I kind of want season passes back. We get less content at launch and less content post launch now. Plus exploitative microtransactions.

I think if they do go back to season passes they should sell only the pass, don't sell the packs individually that way you only have two player pools instead of like a dozen.

Maybe make the maps free to everyone but require the pass for everything else.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I kind of want season passes back. We get less content at launch and less content post launch now. Plus exploitative microtransactions.

I think if they do go back to season passes they should sell only the pass, don't sell the packs individually that way you only have two player pools instead of like a dozen.

Maybe make the maps free to everyone but require the pass for everything else.
Yeah I'd be fine paying for extra heroes, skins, weapons etc. if the maps and modes were free.

The main problem with BF2015 wasn't that they charged you for more content it was that the content divided everything up into their own playlists which made it difficult to find any other players. I got the season pass late (when Scariff came out) and I never got to play on any of the Bespin maps because nobody was playing them.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think going back to season passes would magically fix or prevent this situation from happening in the future. It's like the argument that season passes automatically make the quality of the DLC better than the current model because you're paying for it. There's really no truth to that.

The game was rushed, EA's microtransanction model backfired, and that potentially resulted in limiting resources and devs to further support the game in a much faster manner.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Those Anakin nerfs aren't enough.
I actually wish we could get a special weekend without heroes in GA and CS. Only troops.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally just went from full health Dooku to dead against Anakin because he did 360 push --> pull --> passionate strike.

3 ragdoll stun moves in a row.

Last edited:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Trying to play the game on Xbox One, but I keep getting error 524 when trying to connect to the servers...
Sorry, this account is not able to play online. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information.

Error code: 524
Edit:
Guess I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So this is currently $4.50 on origin. I bought it, I imagine there will be a decent influx of new players over the weekend.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
$4.50, huh? PC version is the only one I don't have, and I just got a new PC for gaming last month after years of using super old computers. Hmm...

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
So this is currently $4.50 on origin. I bought it, I imagine there will be a decent influx of new players over the weekend.

I just jumped on this, though because of my region that number was in pounds which works out to about $5.75 or so after the currency conversation. Dabbled around with it on Xbox One X last year before I sold that console, so looking forward to getting back into it on PC with all the recently released characters and modes.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017

I was thinking of doing the same. I had the PS4 version at launch and I quickly sold it after that whole fiasco went down and hated seeing players who paid more out perform everyone, even though the game was rather fun. Is the PC player base still pretty solid or is it a ghost town?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the game again, this time on Origin. Been a long time since I last played, so seeing some of the new content has been nice, especially since there's a ton of Clone Wars stuff now. Haven't gotten to play as either one yet, but Anakin and Obi-Wan are good to have around.

Also, why is the thread banner the cover art for Assassin's Creed III Remastered? Am I the only one it shows it for?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I like Ventress and Ahsoka but eh I don't know if the game needs more CW heroes right now, wish they'd focus on something else. I'd like to see some more OT stuff like skins for Luke and Obi Wan.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I only jumped in a few months ago and I haven't played a ton, but man, I'm starting to get frustrated by how long it takes to unlock weapons. I'm unlocking and upgrading cards at a satisfying rate but the weapons just take ages.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I only jumped in a few months ago and I haven't played a ton, but man, I'm starting to get frustrated by how long it takes to unlock weapons. I'm unlocking and upgrading cards at a satisfying rate but the weapons just take ages.
I wouldn't mind this if the starting weapons were viable but they are shit.You are right it takes forever.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

27 kills with Anakin in 1 minute, ending the game with >100 kills.

Really feeling those nerfs lol

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus H Christ that clone wars game mode.

My friends amd I played a few matches last night, our last one took 2 1/2 hours.

Our team boarded the clone ship like 4 or 5 times before we finally managed to attack the second cooling vent. Match finished with 10 or so people at 100+ kills.

I never again want to play this mode before bed lmao.

Pretty fun otherwise!

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
r0JiT6R.png

Still no round timer on CS lol

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure it's true, but saw on IG some posts saying how the game player base on consoles is stronger than ever now? Did the game really retain so well or recover after it's launch? New content bringing folks back?

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure it's true, but saw on IG some posts saying how the game player base on consoles is stronger than ever now? Did the game really retain so well or recover after it's launch? New content bringing folks back?
Its bringing people back with new content and celebration star wars fever. It was in the top 5 most sold ps4 games in aus the last couple weeks.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
My friends and I all randomly reinstalled the game to see all the improvements. I always thought the gameplay was very fun, so it's nice to see a better progression system, the squad spawn system, and more content. Capital Supremacy is exactly the mode I've been waiting on for this game, I'm definitely looking forward to more maps for this mode

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd try out the new mode but every time I try to play the game crashes to desktop after the loading screen

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Jesus H Christ that clone wars game mode.

My friends amd I played a few matches last night, our last one took 2 1/2 hours.

Our team boarded the clone ship like 4 or 5 times before we finally managed to attack the second cooling vent. Match finished with 10 or so people at 100+ kills.

I never again want to play this mode before bed lmao.

Pretty fun otherwise!
Haha! I like that there is the potential for some games to go on waaay too long, reminds me of playing Turbine on TF2 and becoming one with the void.

SWBF 1 (2004) is playable on Steam etc now, and folk are learning about the interesting hoops the community has jumped through to make it playable online.
It's great that the old game has received a new lease of life, especially as I've been an active member on a forum dedicated to SWBF 'classic' for many many years.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like the game is in a really good spot right now.
Heroes vs Villains has now turned into a team death match mode and is much more fun.

Now theres 3 maps for galactic supremacy and they're all a blast.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Kashyyyk that much but Kamino is pretty good, there's another one coming at the end of the month as well. It'll probably be Theed but we'll know today when they put out the new CT and roadmap.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More prequel content for Capital Supremacy. Naboo and Felucia. No mention of OT content...

I am sick of this prequel pandering.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd give this a shot again in light of the news and I forgot how much this game fucking sucks with heroes as infantry. CS is a trash mode as long as it has heroes.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I thought I'd give this a shot again in light of the news and I forgot how much this game fucking sucks with heroes as infantry. CS is a trash mode as long as it has heroes.

Litteraly came to this thread to complain about that just now.

Just played a match of Capital Supremacy as the droids and I swear to absolute god nearly all of my deaths were from the same single Anakin player and same single Yoda player. I died maybe 3 times to other troopers.

I really like this game, but I've always hated the heroes. It annoys me because everything else about the game is good but every match just descends into one side getting as many heroes as they can and ganking the objectives.

They're all just bullet sponges with unlockable force attacks and there's almost nothing you can do when they're surrounded by friendlies. You have to try and catch them out in the open when they're being reckless.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Litteraly came to this thread to complain about that just now.

Just played a match of Capital Supremacy as the droids and I swear to absolute god nearly all of my deaths were from the same single Anakin player and same single Yoda player. I died maybe 3 times to other troopers.

I really like this game, but I've always hated the heroes. It annoys me because everything else about the game is good but every match just descends into one side getting as many heroes as they can and ganking the objectives.

They're all just bullet sponges with unlockable force attacks and there's almost nothing you can do when they're surrounded by friendlies. You have to try and catch them out in the open when they're being reckless.
I just played Kamino as droids and this shit annoyed the hell out of me.