• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1sopbc.png

2jxu0l.png

38fuv1.png

DOWNLOAD SIZE: 48.4GB

REVIEWS: You can find the ResetEra Review Thread here.
Metacritic
OpenCritic

ERA PS4 COMMUNITY: BattlefrontEra

LINKS:
Launch Trailer

MP Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE
Story Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

LOOTBOX INFO:
destructionofalderaanxzs1j.png

FREE DLC INFO:
seasons-calendar-v12ytuxg.jpg

UPDATE ON HERO SITUATION:
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch

So, we're reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we've seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this issue was partially "corrected" by significantly reducing the credit cost, but that doesn't mean anyone should let up on the criticism. This free to play lootbox bullshit in paid multiplayer games is going to end up killing them. Its predatory, its disgusting, and no one should support it. That includes games where lootboxes are cosmetic only, you can't give an inch or they'll take a mile.

Original post below:
------------------------------------
Thanks to preview copies having radically cheaper hero unlock values myself and others were under the impression that heroes would be cheaper on release and were inflated for EA Access to slow progress. Now that we know that is not true and that those prices are there for launch, that's the line for me. It's absolutely ridiculous that Vader and Luke among others would take ~40 hours to even play as in a fucking STAR WARS game.

Last edited:

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
played early access and it was pretty good. ill buy it once they fix credit payout or balance the prices.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
First post is free. After that $5 to post in this thread, per post.

I am actually loving the game though. Sucks about the aggressive microtransactions.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
I'll play the 10 hour EA access trial with friends, then cancel access until the GOTY edition comes out in six months to a year. Really don't want to avoid giving money to EA right now as they're everything that's wrong with the industry. I wouldn't be buying it now if we still played PUBG.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It would be great if the lootbox nonsense gets sorted out. I am actually fairly interested in the game itself, but I'm not going to bother buying it with the current system in place. Especially at full retail price.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Amazing OT title. Will be skipping due to shenanigans but I hope that the people who get it enjoy it. I'll definitely be looking to see if the campaign is any good but I kind of doubt it with how much they've been pushing the "PLAY AS THE EMPIRE" angle. I get that they're trying to find a fresh thing to do with it and that the MC will almost certainly switch sides, but it still comes across as a developer pushing super hard in the marketing that you can play as an SS Soldier in a WWII game.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Ugh, I wanted this to be good. I really did. I timed my remaining vacation days with it. Oh well. Back to Ghost Recon 4v4

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Still excited for the full release but man if they don't change some of this bullshit it's gonna leave quite the sour taste. Hope the campaign is good at least.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I ain't touching this game with a ten foot pole after all the recent drama. Too many amazing games out to support this kind of practice.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Going to bed right after work so I can start the game up at midnight. My PSN is kydowa, though I won't hop into multiplayer right away - I want to finish the single player first to avoid any spoilers.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
sounds like a mess, may eventually get it but for now, I'll stick to cod ww2, which surprisingly has hooked me unlike the passed 7-8 years of cod.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Such a shame that the microtransactions are designed the way they are. Hopefully EA comes to their fucking senses. Still hyped to hop into this tomorrow.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this.
I have until I leave work today to decide whether to get it for the Pro or the X lol.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll also be picking this up far in the future, and only if the loot box stuff is fixed, or, even better, removed entirely. (Unrealistic but I can dream.) Season pass is a dumb concept but at least you know what you're paying for.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm getting it for the campaign. As I had a bunch of credit. But depending on their actions around Loot boxes and such I'll likely just sell it. There's just so many frustrating things about EA as of late, ranging from paying for a three day headstart and gear headstart, to microtransactions being pushed through heavily time gated content.

This game is set to have free DLC right? Or are they layering on both for this like they did for BF1?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to review copies having radically cheaper hero unlock values myself and others were under the impression that heroes would be cheaper on release and were inflated for EA Access to slow progress. Now that we know that is not true and that those prices are there for launch, that's the line for me. It's absolutely ridiculous that Vader and Luke among others would take ~40 hours to even play as in a fucking STAR WARS game.

It is legitimately a full-time job work week to unlock one character. Disgusting.

Such a well made, beautifully crafted game by DICE, marred by EA's greed.

P.S. Beautiful OT per usual SG!

Last edited:

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Was really torn between this and WW2 for a shooter this Xmas but on reflection, actually ended up snagging BF1 Revolution for a bargain price and haven't looked back

Beta for this was ok but quite happy for this microtransaction shit to play out and it to drop in price (which they already said it will) by the time Last Jedi rolls up.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
You know what I also hate about the card system? The fact that many passive skill cards are the same for all 4 classes... but you have to unlock/craft and upgrade them separately for each class. If this is not for encouraging you to buy a loot box, I don't know what is.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Played it last night via Origin access. The game is fun, graphics are amazing but I have trouble with some serious frame drops. I'm playing on i5 6600K, RX 580 GB and 16 GB DDR4. On ultra it's about 70fps but when I use the jetpack it's not playable. I used DX12 mode maybe thats the problem.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I have the Elite trooper deluxe edition (please don't hate me!) preloaded and ready for tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing this on my Xbox one X

The loot crate is bullshit of course, but I love my Star Wars

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I know the internet is ablaze with the controversy of this games lootboxes and cost to unlock heroes but I'm buying this game for its single player - which is an odd thing to be doing as it's single player is short and the game is multiplayer focused.

For me the amount of multiplayer I will play won't even come close to 40 hours and to be honest I don't mind never even playing as a hero... I like the boots on the ground first person perspective as one of the troopers or droids. I won't be buying a single loot box and my main goal in multiplayer will be to run objectives because I hate competitive multiplayer and compitiveness in any sense. In games like Halo I usually only play game modes like CTF and just run for the flag; not because I'm bad but because I have no urge to shoot or attack other players unless I need to. I, as a 25 year old gamer feel very disconnected from the larger gaming community. I play large 100+ hour RPG's and heavily story focused games. I'm not about all this multiplayer pay to win nonsense that's happening now.

So I'll play the campaign and try a few multiplayer modes but that'l be it for me because I have a plethora of older PS3 games I'm replaying or experiencing for the first time right now anyway. Plus it's not to far from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Okami HD so Battlefront 2 will just be a stop gap for me as I adore Star Wars stories and that universe so I'll enjoy that and get out.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I also hate about the card system? The fact that many passive skill cards are the same for all 4 classes... but you have to unlock/craft and upgrade them separately for each class. If this is not for encouraging you to buy a loot box, I don't know what is.

I like to believe it's a secret message to stay away from this game by the DICE developers. I mean you are being asked to design a desirable loot box proposition using the Star Wars IP and you come up with stat boosts on uninteresting looking cards.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. The game at the core looks out of this world and I still plan to enjoy it. It's just sad that it happens to have one of the most aggressive forms of monetization we have ever seen in a $60 game. When will the big daddy publishers learn that making a great looking game with enough content, while also respecting your customers is enough? Besides that, this game has Star Wars going for it, which prints money on it's own.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I've tried to get excited for this game, but the whole "Play as the Empire!" angle is just turning me off so fucking hard. I have less than zero interest in playing as them even if (I'm guessing) the MC inevitably switches sides in a "shocking" twist.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm interesting in picking this up but:

- I don't want to support scummy business practices.
- It will likely be dead in a few months on PC.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| 'Good bye, EA. May the lootbox be with you.'

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Burnt through the 10 hour trial over the weekend, already preordered and ready to go on launch. Yeah the lootbox stuff is all over the place but the core gameplay is fun and it looks amazing on the 1X.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I've tried to get excited for this game, but the whole "Play as the Empire!" angle is just turning me off so fucking hard. I have less than zero interest in playing as them even if (I'm guessing) the MC inevitably switches sides in a "shocking" twist.
Huh, interesting. I'm the total opposite, I can't wait to kill all the Rebels. Some of my favourite missions in The Force Unleashed were those alternate timeline stuff in which you were sent to kill important characters from Star Wars history.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the game. I hate the microtransaction stuff, for sure, and it pains me, becuase the game is beautiful and awesome. I love the new starship battles and galactic assault feels super dynamic. The new maps are just breathtaking...