• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
IGN:

Battlefront 2's Star Cards may be one of the worst progression systems I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing in a PvP game.

It looks it as well, but it sounds even worse in practice. And even the campaign sounds like a failure after the promise it showed. This is shaping up to truly be a polished turd, with one of the grossest progression systems for multiplayer to ever be in a AAA $60 game.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sad day in hell when I'm considering renting an Assasin's Creed game over the new DICE multiplayer shooter but here were are.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
A score for the experience up to that point, with the expectation that it could increase/decrease in the future. I don't imagine it's any more complicated than that.

Why not just put up text until you have the final score. Seems like a cheap way just to get on metacritic day 1.

Like it wouldn't make sense for any game. Mario 10/10 initially, then when reviewer is stuck on jump ropes game is boring now 6/10?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If a game costs $60 there should not be even an ounce of F2P/P2P system in your game.

You can have dumb optional cosmetics but that's it, nothing more.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
IGN said it has the worst progression system its ever seen and still gave it a 7....the score doesn't really match what the review is saying.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign is 4 hours long but it could be 3 if they didn't make some sections toooo loooong. Because of walking, defending someone etc. Plus AI is complete garbage. (I finished the game a couple days ago but my review will be live later)

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
IGN

Battlefront 2's Star Cards may be one of the worst progression systems I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing in a PvP game.

sfdwsg.jpg

My copy cannot come fast enough so I can return it to the store (un-opened) for a refund.

Oct 27, 2017
Get used to it. The Star Wars paint will make up for most of this game's issues. Lackluster campaign? Messy multiplayer? Who cares when I'm IMMERSED IN MUH STAR WARS.

Take most reviews with that context in mind.

Been a huge Star Wars fan for over 35 years and even I know this is true, sucks.

The whole loot box system is atrocious, and if anybody fails to acknowledge that, they aren't paying attention.

The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm wondering how many outlets will actually let the terrible ecosystem impact their rating. I'm sure a lot of them will mention it, and then give them a good score anyways.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a game costs $60 there should not be even an ounce of F2P/P2P system in your game.

You can have dumb optional cosmetics but that's it, nothing more.

They will learn nothing. EA gonna EA. This also has the knock on effect of casting massive doubt over other games they have coming like Anthem as well

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Respawn, give us a great SP Star Wars game. You're our last hope.

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to hear that the core gameplay underneath the progression is solid. Progression is patchable, shitty underlying gameplay less so.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
well, for me the scoring of this game is going to play a role in which bookmarks of gaming sites I keep and which I'll delete.
have no time for corporate loudspeakers, and this seems a pretty good time for a cleanup

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
lmao no they don't, and they dont regularly

reviewers constantly ignore performance issues that games have
They ignore performance issues if the game as a whole makes up for it. for example, The Witcher 3 had TONS of performance issues, bugs, graphical glitches, but the game as a whole was so brilliantly built and put together that reviewers didn't really care and it didn't impact their experience as much.

Oct 25, 2017
It probably is when you're trying to string multiplayer assets (locations / levels / game mechanics) into a campaign, which seems to be the prevailing case in the footage I've seen of multiple missions of the game.

Those never really work out, but based on the reviews so far it actually seems that Battlefront 2 has done a better job than most.
It literally felt like they took the multiplayer engine and put in into a narrative - remember that every COD game had a separate multiplayer client last gen for this reason, and only a single game in the series actually uses it's engine from MP in it's SP - which was it's worst SP it had.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
All I wanted was to play Clone Wars in a Star Wars game. How can you screw up so hard EA?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They ignore performance issues if the game as a whole makes up for it. for example, The Witcher 3 had TONS of performance issues, bugs, graphical glitches, but the game as a whole was so brilliantly built and put together that reviewers didn't really care and it didn't impact their experience as much.

ah i get it, you were talking about just the score, not the review itself