• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spawn

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a pretty good game still won't buy though with loot boxes as they are.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Trustedreviews 6/10
http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/star-wars-battlefront-2-4

COkyfc0.jpg

Almost encourages microtransactions?

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
IGN isn't giving a 5 or below to any AAA game unless it's blatantly technically broken or unplayable.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
A half assed three to four hour campaign and a bloated multiplayer crammed full of microtransactions. Sounds like a scam to me. EA gonna EA.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the SP is short, bland and boring? Will skip the game then. The beta was super boring and gave me zero interest in the MP portion of the game (not like the first game had a very fun MP either imo). The SP was the only thing that tempted me, but apparently it's bad too.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shame the campaign isn't another gem like Titanfall 2's and DOOM's. I'll keep my expectations in check when playing then.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just put up text until you have the final score. Seems like a cheap way just to get on metacritic day 1.

Like it wouldn't make sense for any game. Mario 10/10 initially, then when reviewer is stuck on jump ropes game is boring now 6/10?

When it's something like Battlefront 2, which seems to be open to drastic week one balance changes, I'd argue that it does make sense. You can't count on this being the final score, but that doesn't mean you don't have a score for the experience you've played already.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody recall that time when they said they were going to focus on making sure Battlefront 2 had higher review scores? It was a few months after the first one came out.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 7 from IGN for a blockbuster game? That's as low as it's gonna go from them

This game could have been a critical homerun

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm beginning to think they'll never make another space combat game for Star Wars that isn't bogged down in a bunch of stupid bullshit. Sigh...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The campaign sounds like they gave lip service to everyone who wanted one in the first game, but in reality actually don't give a shit about SP and just want to drive people into the P2W multiplayer.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To think that I was so hyped for WWII's and BF2's campaigns this year. They really pulled the wool over people's eyes with the trailers and dev posts leading up to them. Garbage games imo.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Quick Reminder for everyone.

Mass Effect Andromeda got a 6 from Gamespot and a 7.7 from IGN. So yeah, BF2 not doin great.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even with the flaws the first game presents, I enjoyed my time with the first Battlefront. Reading this and the other news from the week about the progression system in the sequel is sad and super disappointing. How do you keep screwing up and self-sabotaging yourself, EA?

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, the "negative" reviews all seem to like the game and say it's a joy and exciting.

Seriously though, what part of "one of the worst progression systems I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing" screams 7/10? Doesn't that seem like a pretty fatal flaw in a game that will primarily be purchased as a PVP game in which players expect to progress levels?

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's a shame that so many publishers gave season passes such a bad name. It's lead us to this.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Looking like the first one, even with limited content is going to end up being the better game. Wow.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The details from reviews about credit costs and income rate make it clear that reducing the costs of the heroes is barely a band-aid. The issue is much deeper than that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just put up text until you have the final score. Seems like a cheap way just to get on metacritic day 1.

Like it wouldn't make sense for any game. Mario 10/10 initially, then when reviewer is stuck on jump ropes game is boring now 6/10?

When IGN originally started doing reviews in progress, they didn't have scores. Then the mindless idiots who can't be assed to read bombarded them with complaints about it, so they relented and added scores.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the flaws the first game presents, I enjoyed my time with the first Battlefront. Reading this and the other news from the week about the progression system is sad and super disappointing. How do you keep screwing up and self-sabotaging yourself, EA?

G-R-O-W-T-H

15,000,000 copies sold (plus DLC) isnt enough! GROWTH BABY GROWTH AT ALL COSTS! ITS TOTALLY SUSTAINABLE!

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Why the fuck did they give the rights to EA?
I know, I know: money. But at least they gave Marvel to Square. Star Wars would (probably) have been handled better by pretty much any other major publisher.

Seldon

Oct 27, 2017
I kept my preorder through all the garbage under the justification that this was going to be a 20 hour game and bounce so who cares how long it takes to unlock shit, but if the campaign is a complete dud then I won't even hit 20 hours. I'll wait for an ultra deep discount.