• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game good without the MTX, or since the game was designed around them it is not? or the shadow of them returning makes this hard to enjoy?

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
It's really amazing how bad of a publisher they are. They're rich because they have licenses for NFL, FIFA, and Star Wars. Take those away force them to make new IP and they'd be out of business.
they need a new head that will make them the bold transition to true cazino. its basically all they think the last years, judging from their games.
go to las vegas ea, get out of video games
dice can build you one hell of a roulette. and you can licence and plaster michael jordan and yoda all over it in 3D.
$$$$$$$$$$$

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
they need a new head that will make them the bold transition to true cazino. its basically all they think the last years, judging from their games.
go to las vegas ea, get out of video games
dice can build you one hell of a roulette. and you can licence and plaster michael jordan and yoda all over it in 3D.
$$$$$$$$$$$

Let's relax a bit with the hyperbole and calm down with the constant aggression towards other users and their opinions.

so, basically you can't comment on today's DICE, 'cause you haven't read the memo (AMA)
I didnt. I thought you would link it by now?

Also, you asked for:
So, my point in this is, to make your words tangible through an example, please point to me what this "top engine" does "under the hood", for NFS. thx
Then i clarified that i couldnt and gave a string of links on Frostbite architecture. You know, what it does ''under the hood''.

I later clarified that we seem to talk about two different things here, technical feature set vs design choices. However, you seem to think that the design choices made in the NFS titles somehow are part of the technical feature set of Frostbite. I am saying they arent.

and
you can't really comment on DICE ENGINED NFS BEING SHIT, 'cause you haven't played any.
If you actually read my posts then you would know that i did play The Run and considered it good. No, i havent played the latter of the NFS titles, so i cant comment on these.
The gif you linked to has nothing to do with technical features of the engine, more so much that this was a design choice. I also said this:

Is it a possibility that EA wanted them in the game? We can only speculate on this since we arent part of DICE, but, given EA's fantastic track record, that surely sounds plausible.
Which you seem to ignore.

Like i said i am aware that we talk about two different things here, but you seem adamant that you want to focus on one thing and one thing only. Which makes your whole request for ''please point to me what this top engine does under the hood'' strange, since as is pretty clear now, you dont really care about that.

Last edited:

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
User has been warned: continues to be aggressive towards another user after having been told not to.
Let's relax a bit with the hyperbole and calm down with the constant aggression towards other users and their opinions.
it may seem hyperbole now, but depending how the wheels spin I may have a good prediction here about future.
no aggression, just frustration on trying to figure out how someone can defend something so wrong and still claim "i dunno about that, and that, and that, but still..."

I didnt. I thought you would link it by now?
1. Here, and remember, this is AFTER their record-braking "DUH, WE WANT YOU TO FEEL ACCOMPLISHMENT BY UNLOCKING THIS HARD" insult.

enjoydiceh2oga.jpg

I really hope that your eyes will communicate to your brain what you are seeing here.
For me, this is the pinnacle of hypocrisy and shiting on your fans+customers face.
And the guy who dared write this, is not a random pr guy, but a dice producer.

2. about NFS and the rest of the MEDIOCRE-RUNNING AND BUGGY console games that are based on DICE technology, really there is no point in continuing. You can always try them yourself and realize. But until then I wouldn't keep on defending dice being best and their engine being top. in paper, maybe.

it may seem hyperbole now, but depending how the wheels spin I may have a good prediction here about future.
It is hyperbole for a myriad of reasons. Essentially you are wishing DICE dead because *reasons.
*One of the reasons been shown below, but yet you dont question if this is a possibility EA wanted to have. No-one knows for sure.

Even so, completely trashing this game, the engine, and the developer as a whole seems quite overkill. Criticize EA all you want for what they are doing (And rightfully so) but the way you are approaching not only this topic but others aswell really does not invite anyone to a civil discourse.

no aggression, just frustration on trying to figure out how someone can defend something so wrong and still claim "i dunno about that, and that, and that, but still..."
I am seriously getting the impression now if you actually bother to actually read what i type or you are just obtusely dense just to carry your point across. And after having said this a few times now i am not going to repeat myself.

Please read the posts properly and remember that you asked for technical examples in the first place and ended up ignoring them. I even highlighted that we speak of two different topics, namely technical feature set and design choices, yet you ignore that aswell.

If all you want to is to harp your side of the story, go for it, but given the setbacks you have recieved, i am not sure how long you can keep that up.

1. Here, and remember, this is AFTER their record-braking "DUH, WE WANT YOU TO FEEL ACCOMPLISHMENT BY UNLOCKING THIS HARD" insult.
So.. this is about the AMA part. I was talking about something else, which you not have addressed. We were talking about engines, remember?

Also read what it says directly below - Things can change. I dont expect EA to hold that up, but DICE has a bit more merit to it, despite being linked at EA.

I really hope that your eyes will communicate to your brain what you are seeing here.
For me, this is the pinnacle of hypocrisy and shiting on your fans+customers face.
And the guy who dared write this, is not a random pr guy, but a dice producer.
I really hope you could ease down for a second because i dont really feel inclined much more to respond to you indepth.

2. about NFS and the rest of the MEDIOCRE-RUNNING AND BUGGY console games that are based on DICE technology, really there is no point in continuing.
Care to provide some Digital Foundry links in regards to that? Frostbite engine titles ofcourse. Else this just sounds like quite hyperbole.

You can always try them yourself and realize. But until then I wouldn't keep on defending dice being best and their engine being top.
Once again you dont seem to grasp the difference between what the engine does and what a designer does with it. Slotmachines are not an inherrent technical part of the engine, they are a design decision.

Just look at Battlefront and look at what it does technically (if possible). That kind of visuals on 60 fps on console hardware is impressive. If you say its not then i dont want to tell you. Read up on the developers perspective on what their games do and the differences between tech and design.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Care to provide some Digital Foundry links in regards to that? Frostbite engine titles ofcourse. Else this just sounds like quite hyperbole.
since I just got a penalty for talking to you, I am just going to reply to this, and this only because you consistently try to paint me as something I am not.
I don't even need to produce for you, just look at the latest que of user saves
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Daks HUN/video/39353792

and with this, I am out of this conversation, please contain yourself from addressing further to me.

since I just got a penalty for talking to you, I am just going to reply to this, and this only because you consistently try to paint me as something I am not.
You simply dont understand the topic i am talking about whilst i do understand yours. That is kind of the problem here.

I don't even need to produce for you, just look at the latest que of user saves
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Daks HUN/video/39353792
And then ill show you this:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-battlefield-1-face-off - Its not exactly flawless, mind you.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-star-wars-battlefront-face-off - Is quite steady 60 fps.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-need-for-speed-2015-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-rivals-face-off-preview - Hits 30 fps most of the time.

Judge for yourself. That being said, i am not going to ignore flaws dont exist - your video perfectly shows that bugs do exist. Thing is, that is with every game. Judging by Digital Foundry, Frostbite titles more often than not run on the positive side of the performance spectrum than not.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Is this game good without the MTX, or since the game was designed around them it is not? or the shadow of them returning makes this hard to enjoy?
Honestly, it's fun until you notice the level progression grind to a halt. Then it stops being fun, and feels more like work. Especially when you just want to use more fun stuff that's locked off.

The grind to unlock heroes and then the points system to use them is frustrating, and the opposite of fun.

I usually place in the middle of the pack on the score card, and I get crap for xp. The people who get tens of thousands of points a round probably aren't bothered by the progression, but when you're an average player, it sucks.

I don't like the change to classes. At least not without an in-game chat feature. People don't coordinate and play the objections anyways. With classes there to compliment each other but not being used like that, it's even worse.

I also feel maps and modes are a big step back from the previous game.

Your class level tied to star cards makes no sense.

The gameplay is fun, but way too many negatives to ignore. It deserves its score.

I still have fun with it, but all the bs decisions engrained in the game really takes away from it for me.

You can tell this game was meant to trigger you to spend money to bypass that grind and get back to trying new fun gear and heroes.

The fact there was no reward adjustment yet is crazy. You'd think this Thanksgiving weekend would be the perfect opportunity for some positive pr with a simple gesture of double xp, credits, and craft materials along with unlocks at a reduced cost while EA figures out how to correct this mess. Haha, nope.

I'm already near the point of dropping this game until we see the adjustments. People can claim "hyperbole!" but playing this game is starting to feel like a part time job instead of feeling like a fun distraction. YMMV though.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
SkillUp has taken his time and put out another one of his stellar reviews.

Its a mix of true love and epic disappointment, but is pretty exhaustive, fair (much more than you'd imagine so from the title) and absolutely worth a watch. No score attached.

Warning: Campaign spoilers.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is 40% off right now - worth it for single player?

To put this into perspective: I buy the Call of Duty games for the single player, and often take months to finish the campaign. How is the campaign. Because the first game's campaign wasn't a campaign.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017

To put this into perspective: I buy the Call of Duty games for the single player, and often take months to finish the campaign. How is the campaign. Because the first game's campaign wasn't a campaign.

Single player is not a lot of fun tbh. Mission design is set up so you're either in the sky as a starfighter or you're on the ground defending a terminal while it's being hacked.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017

I bought it for 40% off.

I had zero expectations about the single player because of the reviews, but I'm enjoying it. It's nothing revolutionary, just a standard FPS campaign with a decent enough (so far, anyway) story. I didn't expect so many Original Trilogy characters to be featured in it.

I also enjoyed Shadows of the Empire back in the day, so take that for what it's worth.

Kinn

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any VR mode for this? Was gutted that the first games VR content is PS4 only.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

Beaten the campaign this week, thought that it was rather okay, especially since it has an ending now in the form of Resurrection DLC. The story wasn't anything special anyway though so even without the ending you wouldn't loose much. The bads are the constant forced switching to 3P camera, the idea that everyone wants to play as Luke (why even have Iden as the main character then?) and... well, that's about it really. I'd give the campaign / SP portion of the game 8/10 now and 6/10 if such game would be released back when we've had KOTORs coming out.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Campaign is terrible. At best it soars to the height of dull corridor shooting, at worst it feels like a janky unpolished mess unbefitting of any AAA studio (see: luke skywalker level). Story is drivel. It doesn't show the empire's perspective the way promotions suggested it would.

Multiplayer is rather good. Progression system moves along at a brisk pace. Worth it for this if you like MP.

Nov 2, 2017

I'm having a fun time. Single player campaign is pretty meh but it's fun during the flying missions. MP is the star. Mechanically the game plays great and while the progression system shows all the scars of its MTX lootbox scheme, they have made it grindy but workable. Unlike say GTA Online the core gameplay loop is fun even starting out and now that they are giving out more credits per game it's not to hard to start upgrading the classes.

Pro Tip, Heroes mode is a quick way to pile up credits fast. Almost impossible not to come away with at least 5000+ BP per match even if you are on the wrong end of a 10-0 squash match. The credits will add up there.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I picked up the game and am looking for some tips to get started. I really love fighter squadron and galactic conquest, what are typically the best classes/ships to use? In the beta I really got used to the sniper class and flying an X-wing. Any cards I should go out of my way to craft? What heros should I focus on using? I prefer ranged combat, as cool as it is to swing a lightsaber around I die to quickly getting close. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I play on Xbox so if you want to play together let me know! My GT is: holy canadian

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really amazing how bad of a publisher they are. They're rich because they have licenses for NFL, FIFA, and Star Wars. Take those away force them to make new IP and they'd be out of business.
I dont think Disney is happy with EAs approach so far. FIFA and NFL also may think about a new dev partner if quality keeps falling. at least for FIFA they are maintaining a pretty good quality although PES was better the last two years.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I picked up the game and am looking for some tips to get started. I really love fighter squadron and galactic conquest, what are typically the best classes/ships to use? In the beta I really got used to the sniper class and flying an X-wing. Any cards I should go out of my way to craft? What heros should I focus on using? I prefer ranged combat, as cool as it is to swing a lightsaber around I die to quickly getting close. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I play on Xbox so if you want to play together let me know! My GT is: holy canadian

Its pretty hard to give tips for this game. Its not exactly full of strategy. I invested into the "earn extra battle points" card for my preferred class which is assault (they have a good mix of ranges with their weapons). Simply because it means I get heroes/enforcers etc earlier.

As for heroes, the meta currently seems to be Finn. I'd say Finn is basically the easiest hero to go on a huge streak with. Solo is also good - these are ranged heroes.

On the empire side I'm not sure because Phasma is ranged but weak and Fetts' damage has been nerfed I think. I usually go Kylo or Vader. (Although generally don't bother and use up my BP's on other stuff).

The game is insanely fun and I love the starfighter stuff. It could be a game in its own right with just a bit more depth added.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I was really adamant on not buying the game due to principles and fuck EA, but I got it as a Xmas present and I'm really enjoying myself despite the slow progression. Single player was a very decent Star Wars experience and the amount of maps is more than enough, and more importantly, I'm having a lot of fun.

The atention to detail in maps and models is incredible. And for those wondering, you still can't buy loot boxes with real money.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I was really adamant on not buying the game due to principles and fuck EA, but I got it as a Xmas present and I'm really enjoying myself despite the slow progression. Single player was a very decent Star Wars experience and the amount of maps is more than enough, and more importantly, I'm having a lot of fun.

The atention to detail in maps and models is incredible. And for those wondering, you still can't buy loot boxes with real money.
People should not sleep on this game. It's absolutely amazing.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The OT will probably get you more response

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up for £30 off PSN with some Christmas money from a relative and I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm actually surprised at how much content there is, I don't think I would feel ripped off if I paid full price even. Starfighter Assault is easily my favourite mode and accounts for most of my play time, it's a ton of fun.

HOWEVER, please keep the paid lootboxes out DICE/EA.