Star Wars Battlefront |OT| A New Hope

Discussion in 'Hangouts' started by SG-17, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Same here. But luckily we've got lightning fast internet over here, so I'm good anyway.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Member

Make a thread:)
    I'm really hyped for the game. Had a blast with the beta. Strike sold me totally on the game and i think that they nailed the objective based nature perfectly. It makes so much sense in the Star Wars universe, it adds so much epicness.
    Really hope that they improve the game constantly and and listen to feedback of the users.
    And Pro support please.

3. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

True true. Should take under one hour to download it.
    I know they will have selected players from their EA Playtest to answer questions/survey/interview over phone etc within the first 10 days from the official launch. So that's a good sign.

4. janusfilmsfan

janusfilmsfan Member

Well, the icon showed on my home screen saying it unlocks in 6 days. That means it's preloaded right?

5. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

6. The007JiM

The007JiM Member

I was looking for some info about the preload for ps4. Receive a notification acouple of hours before, the link take me to the ps store page for the game but there's no button to download the preload.
    The message in the notification says i can download right now...

Preorder the Deluxe btw.

7. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

Preload starts at the 12th

8. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

Maybe the pre-load is region specific? Mine already downloaded yesterday on PS4.

9. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

Could be! You are in the US?

10. The007JiM

The007JiM Member

I think this is the reason.

My account is US but i'm not in USA right now.

11. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

Yeah I'm in the US.

12. The Benz

The Benz Member

13. SG-17

SG-17 Community Resettler Member Original Poster

14. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

15. SG-17

16. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

Nope. I mean its a huge patch. Cant be some minor changes

17. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

18. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

Going through the last few months of saved Battlefront clips and trimming them/uploading them to Youtube before 2 comes out. I'm gonna have to link a handful of these before 2 comes out for posterity; I still wouldn't consider myself super good and a lot of these are just crazy things happening or unusually good streaks. Some of these are the worst ass-beatings I have ever seen though. Uploading what is possibly the worst Walker Assault loss I have ever seen the Rebels take on any map; I finished the game 43-0 playing as Vader from literally start to finish and that was only good enough to get me THIRD place on my team scorewise, like goddamn.

I still think maybe my favorite clips are just the hilariously random/stupid things happning, like when someone playing as Luke tried to get fancy by force pushing me as he was mid-jump which caused him to fall off the map (right after spawning in Sabotage), or me beating a Lando from half health to dead because he was trying to melee me and was literally just missing. This game had a lot of problems but man did it have good moments.

19. Hey guys, Palpable here. Hope to see y'all on SWBF2. Don't think I'm gonna enjoy it as much as I did the first due to some major gameplay overhauls, but I'll be on it none the less. If you don't have me on PSN, feel free to add me.

20. janusfilmsfan

janusfilmsfan Member

Guys

We're gonna be able to ride Tauntauns

21. SG-17

Glad to see you make it over.

I might platinum this one.

22. A1an

A1an Member

I agree, I am getting it but I just don't think I will enjoy it as much as the first game mainly due to the classes (not going into the other issue here though) my worry is that it's going to be too much of a grind-fest when I really don't have the time.

23. What was so great about the first game was that we could create our own classes based on the star card loadouts we chose. Leave the class system to Battlefield.

24. A1an

A1an Member

I agree, I loved the first Battlefront and the BETA on Walker Assault on Hoth sold me the first game, this sequel BETA was more meh but I left my order in place even though I knew about the classes, I did comment with others about the classes and it is seemingly what people wanted, people wanted the game to be Battlefield but with a Star Wars skin, I don't like Battlefield games so I don't buy them, there should be a place for many different types of FPS games.

25. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

Is it true that it Will take about 40 hours of gameplay to unlock ONE hero?

26. Cronnie

Cronnie Member

So what's the deal with the pre-load on the PS4? I've tried to start downloading it several times and it keeps failing?

27. We'll know in two days. Lots of contradicting stories going round, so we'll have to see. Would be really shitty if true imo

Yeah same here. Accessing the PS store on the PS4 didn't work as well.

28. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

The people who said that prices were going to be lowered at launch have pulled their posts and youtube video saying that (I think it was Star Wars HQ IIRC?); turns out the lowered costs were for reviewers specifically. What we have now IS what we are getting day one Tuesday. I am very very not happy.

29. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

I have downloaded it. PS4 EU

30. A1an

A1an Member

I have seen a lot of people talking about the lowering of the Hero prices referencing these videos/reports.

I think part of the problem is the lack of communication from EA/Dice.

I have my copy on it's way but I am in two minds if to keep it or return it.

31. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

All of the people talking about the price lowering was stemming from a reddit user who has pretty accurately been leaking stuff for months and months, and they've since deleted that post. Star Wars HQ also said the same thing in a video and that's since been deleted/unlisted. Doesn't seem like it's happening at launch day at least, especially since that would just super piss off anyone who has already spent real money on the game.

It's a really bad look for EA here because if they hadn't locked the Heroes behind credit walls the rest of the loot crate stuff right now would probably blow over. But now if you Google Battlefront 2 all of the top results are new articles talking about how fucked it is to unlock heroes, any gaming forum/board is full but nothing of people shitting on it etc to the point where this has got to be actually affecting sales. If I was already locked in to a digital pre-order (my courtesy yearly refund is not available) I would probably cancel it, and I'm arguably the biggest fan of the last game on here and played it more than anyone other than Palpable. It's pretty fucked and I'm pretty pissed. Like, I would have had some expectation they would have adjusted the post-game credits and partner spawning as those have been big points of contention that they've already commented on, but now locking heroes behind ridiculous credit paywalls is just a total fuck you out of nowhere.

Only the 2nd (console) game I've digitally pre-ordered, and I only did digital because I only care about the MP so having it digitally would be a huge plus for me long-term. Lesson learned I guess :/

32. SG-17

I will not be using "Sequels are Built on Hope", rather "This Deal is Getting Worse all the Time!"

33. MMarston

MMarston Member

When's the OT going up for 2?

Also, I liked the "Crate leads to suffering" suggestion from before.

34. SG-17

I don't know. Egg still hasn't gotten back to me with the images for the OT and I haven't had time to make any myself.

35. VincentMatts

VincentMatts Member

Do any of you get these graphical glitches in the loot crate menu on Xbox one x?

36. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot Member

Me too. I even consider to buy the 90€ version just to play three days earlier, lol.

37. SG-17

OT is up...

38. MrDaravon

MrDaravon Member

Just got off Battlefront 2015 for the night, had a pretty baller set of games with my friend and we ended it on pretty good wins on both sides on our favorite map and mode (Sabotage on Carbon Freezing Chambers). Game had and still has a lot of issues, but we had a lot of fun with it. I also played it way too much.

[​IMG]

39. SG-17

I miss this game's gunplay.

40. I miss the peacefulness of the old OT's

41. Ozorov

Ozorov Member

Haven't watched into the new OT yet, but I can imagine. I'll drop in there later

42. Knew it; I miss Battlefront 2015. Not liking this new... thing.