• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
My lord the scale looked insane for the final season. Can't wait!

Bit of a shame we don't have a date yet, but i'm sure it's not too far off from Disney+'s launch.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Plo Koon love <3
I was a fan ever since I played as him as a kid in Jedi Power Battles. Utilizing him in Clone Wars was great.

I just noticed this is called Clone Wars Season Six Sneak Peek.
I figured The Lost Missions would be retroactively considered season 6 and this would be season 7 just to make everything congruent and not confusing. Guess not!

That's funny

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer and clips were fantastic. I am glad they are getting to wrap things up but I cannot lie. I wish we could get another season or two. Filoni and his crew make some special stuff

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Wild guess here, the very finale episode will follow Ashoka during the Order 66.
Yeah I think that's probably the route they'll go. Her novel detailed it a littlebit and it was quite emotional, it'll be so good if they animate it.
Trailer and clips were fantastic. I am glad they are getting to wrap things up but I cannot lie. I wish we could get another season or two. Filoni and his crew make some special stuff
Yeah it really makes me sad we wont get anymore.
It's honestly a miracle that this season happened at all though so i'm happy.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic. Just wish there were more than 12. Also gonna be weird to not have Son of Dathomir animated

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Looks fantastic. Just wish there were more than 12. Also gonna be weird to not have Son of Dathomir animated

interior-son-of-dathomir-18-web.jpg

It would have been so awesome to see Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, Maul and Talzin in one room ready to lay down the law. But I'm happy with what we have.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Son of Dathomir was really good and I would loved to see it animated. Also kinda weird that they don't seem to be completing Crystal Crisis on Utapau. Oh well.

It's pretty incredible at how improved the animation is. I hope we get to see another project of this scale from Filoni someday.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's a real bummer. If I could've picked one arc that would've been great animated that's already been told it'd be that one for sure.
interior-son-of-dathomir-18-web.jpg

It would have been so awesome to see Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, Maul and Talzin in one room ready to lay down the law. But I'm happy with what we have.

Yeah, I would have preferred this to Bad Batch. It also feels like it goes with the Siege of Mandalore (like the Ahsoka 1313 arc) better. But oh well...
Yeah, Son of Dathomir was really good and I would loved to see it animated. Also kinda weird that they don't seem to be completing Crystal Crisis on Utapau. Oh well.

It's pretty incredible at how improved the animation is. I hope we get to see another project of this scale from Filoni someday.

Yeah I would have liked finished up versions of Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis to be an 8 episode bonus in addition to 12 brand new episodes... but I'm just totally greedy and want as much TCW as possible.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Just left Wintrust. A fantastic day of panels. Honestly most hyped for Clone Wars though, that looked great.

Though, now they just have to explain all over again why Ashoka wasn't around in ROTS.

Oct 25, 2017
I got whiplash going from Clone Wars to Oki the Vegetable God.
Oki is cool but I was not prepared for that transition haha

Last edited:

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017

I feel like we might one day with Disney+ probably allowing for a higher than TV budget for these types of shows.

Probably a ways off though.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we might one day with Disney+ probably allowing for a higher than TV budget for these types of shows.

Probably a ways off though.
Honestly as much as they are investing in shows a Clone Wars level production should not be so bad. Clone Wars problem was the fact it was requiring these kind of service exclusive budgets in an era where that was not an industry thing. George was willing to put that sort of money into the show even though it was losing money. Now with Disney+ there really would not be so much of an issue. The overall atmosphere for these kind of exclusives has changed

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So did they just... forget to put the TCW trailer up?

low key believe that they were planning to black it out like Mando but decided against it after seeing the multitude of leaks

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it will happen but I really would like them to announce that we're getting a Celebration next year, but with no movie planned I just don't see one (at least on Chicago's scale) happening.

I guess they could go back to a 3 or 4 day convention with the big hook being "the Future of Star Wars" with showcasing what Rian and D&D have planned phase 3 Marvel style, or similar. Throw in Mando S2, Cassian S1, Resistance S3, and whatever EA has cooked up and you could still have a fun weekend.

I just really want to go to Celebration ;_;

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This voice actor guy bitching about Holdo gave the interviewer some real bad vibes. There were, like, 3 people in the audience that gave him some pity claps.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
They might be doing the Bad Batch over Sons of Dathomir because the former would be easier to produce with what they have already.

Or perhaps the new Clone Troopers in the Bad Batch=New Toys to market.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They might be doing the Bad Batch over Sons of Dathomir because the former would be easier to produce with what they have already.

Or perhaps the new Clone Troopers in the Bad Batch=New Toys to market.
They should have just done both since the Bad Batch eps were already mostly done. It's going to be odd to have Maul show up without SoD since that means the last time we saw him was Sidious taking him away.

I'm guessing Disney didn't want to commit that much money to this in general though, unfortunately.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe this was shown on the main stream right? Unless I somehow missed it but the droids, animatronic creature panel is up on the SW YouTube channel

Jan 4, 2018
Unfortunately, I didn't even realize it was in Chicago this year until it was already too late. I prefer watching from home anyway, but it would be nice to go at least once. Oh well, maybe sometime when they start doing movies again it will be back here.

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
They should have just done both since the Bad Batch eps were already mostly done. It's going to be odd to have Maul show up without SoD since that means the last time we saw him was Sidious taking him away.

I'm guessing Disney didn't want to commit that much money to this in general though, unfortunately.
They could bridge it without SoD. Maybe Palpatine could have some scene about letting it all happen for his own purpose and allowing maul on mandalore so the republic can come in?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could bridge it without SoD. Maybe Palpatine could have some scene about letting it all happen for his own purpose and allowing maul on mandalore so the republic can come in?
It's possible I guess. My understanding though was that all of these arcs were already pretty explicitly laid out into episodes even though they hadn't yet been produced. So adding a scene like that would take time from something else that was planned... unless the new episodes are somehow longer than the old ~22 minute standard -- which I suppose is possible. But, like, Bad Batch at minimum was already 100% aligned to four 22 minute episodes.

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
It's possible I guess. My understanding though was that all of these arcs were already pretty explicitly laid out into episodes even though they hadn't yet been produced. So adding a scene like that would take time from something else that was planned... unless the new episodes are somehow longer than the old ~22 minute standard -- which I suppose is possible. But, like, Bad Batch at minimum was already 100% aligned to four 22 minute episodes.
Ya that's my understanding too sadly.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It seems like Dave modified the scripts a little to tie it in with more canon stuff, so it's possible we could get a small callback tying it to Son of Dathomir

I'm really curious about what Sam said though. That Maul seems to be carrying the same rock over that hill over and over again only to fail, but this time just this once and never again he tries something different. Gonna be interesting to see what he means.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Plo Koon love <3
I was a fan ever since I played as him as a kid in Jedi Power Battles. Utilizing him in Clone Wars was great.

I just noticed this is called Clone Wars Season Six Sneak Peek.
I figured The Lost Missions would be retroactively considered season 6 and this would be season 7 just to make everything congruent and not confusing. Guess not!

Yessss! That's where my love of Plo Koon started. Also you could fight him in Star Wars Obi Wan for the original xbox in a battle royale mode where you fought the whole jedi council for no reason. Loved that game. I think Power Battles was back when they had Plo Koon with an awesome yellow lightsaber. That's really what drew me to him so much.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if there is gonna be a Celebration next year what with no films for a while and I think there could be but it will be more of an actual celebration of whats been rather than what is to come.

Adam Driver & Mark Hamill both missing this year ( Adam probably busy with his Zombie movie & maybe something else and Mark Hamill doing his Chucky Voice work)

So maybe next year will be (if there is one announced today)

- A look at and all the promotional stuff for Episode 9 dvd release roughly May 2020

- Cassian & K2 Panel with possible very early footage and or Concept Art

- An Announcement Panel of that rumoured 4K boxset That people thought was coming this year, more likely next year reason - All 9 Films will be available for a complete box and also Fox home media rights to ANH is up (though that no longer matters 🤣since Disney own Fox)

- A full Saga Panel about 9 films which could last 1.5-2hrs, chatting to the entire Saga cast members that they have available. (Everyone from Ewan McGregor & Hayden Christensen to Mark Hamill & Frank Oz, to Daisy Ridley & Adam Driver and more from all 3 eras)

- A Mandalorian Recap and or possible look at early Season 2 stuff (this would be April 2020 dont forget)

- A Clone Wars retrospective at that point in time next year we would have seen the last Season.

- Dave Filonis Next Animated Show or Live Action Show announcement

- Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Panel

- Obi Wan TV show Announcement Panel - Oh hey you didn't think Ewan would be there just for the Saga Panel Did you?

- Resistance Season 3 Panel

- Look at Art & Design for the Entire Saga Panel

- Galaxys Edge promos Panel (just a chat how its going since opening, any new plans for extra features in the future, basically an ad to go see it)

- In Conversation With Ian McDiarmid

- In Conversation with Mark Hamill

- The usual Comics & Merch Panels

- Another Videogame Announcement for 2022/23 release? Battlefront 3 or Other?

- Lego Videogame Panel that is in the Works

- Other Full Saga Panels

Yeah even without a new Film to promote, next year is certainly one they could squeeze out and then Break for 2021 or will they break next year and come back 2021?