• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
My highlight watching this years stream.

- Watching on Sunday, During The Mandalorian Panel, despite not seeing any footage (legally).

At the last minute I was asked by my sister to look after her kids as her partner was in hospital, well trying to get my Neice & Nephew to sit still is impossible, even though they sorta like SW, but at 4 & 7yrs old they don't really care they'd rather be swinging from the ceiling causing mayhem haha (jk) but anyway My sister left them with their kids tablets, so they were distracted enough that I could also keep an eye on my dad (bad mental health & slight memory issues etc) Anyway my dad was watching the stream with me on my parents 4K TV, that was nice since I only just about have a ancient 1080 TV, which I was watching it on the previous days, anyway my point was my dad has never seen these Star Wars streams let alone doesn't know about Celebration, he barely knows what YouTube is, is not very technical minded with modern technology.

But man the Smile on his face, as years ago he loved Star Wars before his issues, so to see him smiling and happy about seeing people talk about Star Wars Mandalorian & the images they shared and they Re run the episode 9 Trailer afterwards etc and then everything else for about 3 hrs was awesome to me, I couldn't have asked for a better moment especially as my dad never cares about much nor focuses on anything that he doesn't want to apart from in his own time, but I originally put it on for me & my sisters kids to watch & he ended up watching too.

Everything else was a bonus.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite thing to come from this Celebration was Filoni in the Mandalorian BTS video wearing a shirt that just says "WOLVES"

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas on when tickets will start going up?

I'd like to go, but planning a trip from Minnesota will be a bit cumbersome without advance notice.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make the Padme pin-up on a ship official canon in the new Clone Wars season.
Weren't they forced to remove the Lucky Lekku after a few appearances?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Not sure if anybody said anything yet but

Just wanted to share my deep appreciation for the thread banner.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Anaheim's got a different situation going on. Aside from Friday the 57 should be fine on weekends

God, memories of taking the 57 North on Friday evenings from work...shudder...

But yeah, the 91 and 57 should be fine on the weekends. There's always some kind of backup on the 57 south where it meets-up with the 60 during the day, but it's not too bad on the weekends.

Parking's more of an issue. They always set-up "event traffic" signs to direct you to parking near Angels stadium, where you have to hoof it or take a shuttle to and from the convention center, but there's a parking garage at Garden Walk off Katella that usually doesn't fill-up until later in the morning. It's $24 for the full day, but it's worth it for the proximity and convenience.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God, memories of taking the 57 North on Friday evenings from work...shudder...

But yeah, the 91 and 57 should be fine on the weekends. There's always some kind of backup on the 57 south where it meets-up with the 60 during the day, but it's not too bad on the weekends.

Parking's more of an issue. They always set-up "event traffic" signs to direct you to parking near Angels stadium, where you have to hoof it or take a shuttle to and from the convention center, but there's a parking garage at Garden Walk off Katella that usually doesn't fill-up until later in the morning. It's $24 for the full day, but it's worth it for the proximity and convenience.

I've had a Disneyland pass since around 2012 when I graduated highschool, so for cons at the convention center I have a habit of parking in Toy Story because it's free for me. They haven't started seriously enforcing passholders utilizing the parking lot yet. I used to walk to the parks from the parking lot anyway if the line for the shuttle was too long though so it's not much different.

Oct 27, 2017
That six-eyes head was pretty awesome.

So were the reveal of the cosplay contest winner, and the revelation about the naboo celebration theme, but I wish we got to see those live.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
So many people gonna go to celebration to hit the galaxies edge/celebration combo. It is going to be a mad house.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
No unedited OT films

But hey, at least we got some unedited old school films a few weeks ago amiright

I think they were keeping that rumoured 4K box set for next year, a couple of reasons

1) No more films to promote whilst they're on the mini hiatus why not Celebrate with a New Box Set of all 9 Skywalker films?

2) 40th Anniversary of Empire (why that matters? Well if they have a 40th Empire panel they can show remastered 4K Empire footage there, plus any new features)

3) could be released as a 9 Film set, probably 10 or 11 discs, I was thinking 18 discs, 2 per film but that may be overkill

4) also as they have done in past box set splits of Prequel Trilogy, OT and Sequel Trilogy

5) Deal with Fox ends on full rights to home media ANH ends in 2020, whilst Disney now owns Fox the timing of the purchase was probably too close to this years Celebration.

6) If I remembered right, maybe it was when all 4 authors from Project luminous were onstage with Anthony, I'm sure one of them said they came to the Ranch (Skywalker) & watched A New Hope? It was Remastered in 2K I believe for Rogue One crew to study, Lucky bastards, maybe they got to see it as a tester for later on?

7) This is a biggie, some people may not like it, 12 month exclusivity to Disney+ The Star Wars OT in 4K, that's another huge selling point to Disney+ They release it on D+ Nov 2019. 5 months later Announce at SW Celebration 2020 that "we know you want a home release of the 4K set to buy, it is happening later this year" Rise of the Skywalker gets it's Home Release the same month or May 2020, then Nov 2020 sees the home release on 4K of all 9 films finally, from a marketing standpoint that makes sense, maybe I should work in Marketing ..NOT

Will some films be 2K not 4K I wonder?