• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope when Disney inevitably shutters the low performing Marvel comics division, they give Aphra a TV show or something.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Previously, the employee of a company walked around yelling "I hate n***ers" they would be fired. I reckon the right wingers will seek revenge next. Lots of people going to be fired for suggesting we're nicer to each other.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The James Gunn thing got huge, and they still refused to backpedal.
James Gunn got fired for making jokes about pedophillia(with the problem IIRC being the people who made that stuff blow up) while Mark Paniccia is getting parts of parts of Marvel and Disney accused of being anti-LGBT.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just sounds more and more like social media isn't worth it when you start getting eyes on you.
Exactly. Theres been ALOT of instances over the last several years where working for any type of entertainment or business house that has shown you need to protect yourself from your past and stay away from any and all social media.

Especially in this political climate.

Oct 27, 2017
If this was genuinely a choice made by one editor. That dude should be fired because he made a stupid fucking decision. Chuck's name is pretty huge. If they had a problem with his social media usage they could have talked to him about it first.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
At first the Nazis needed tweets from years ago to kick you out, now with a simple campaign of harassment they are enough.

Shame, Disney/Marvel.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was no problem from Lucasfilm with Chuck and his twitter during the Aftermath trilogy.
This doesn't seem like a decision from the top, seems like a Pro-Trump, pro-ComicsGate editor that was offended taking it out on Chuck. For all of their whining about special snowflakes the Right sure melts at real little shit.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of large companies are going to do this more and more. Companies arent going to lighten up on social media optics.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is you're often expected to be on it.
Yeah, it essentially becomes a double edged sword. If you stay on all your original social media accounts once you start getting more traction, you run the risk of someone seeing something you said days/months/years ago that they can read differently, and hurt your career with it. But, on the other hand, if you don't stay on social media communicating with the fans, supporters etc, you could hurt your own career. Bullshit.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
CB Cebulski, the current Editor in Chief, lied about being a Japanese author and still got promoted to head honcho.

This after Cain's firing is 100% Marvel attempting to appease the Nazis of Comicsgate and fuck that.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another reason why I will never have a public Twitter/Facebook/etc. account (or if I do it'll be tame as hell). Shut us just way too likely to blow up in your face and get you fired.

I'm glad he took a stand against shitbags, but companies will drop your ass the second they think you look bad to their customers.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's my point. There are no pro-Trump writers. People out here screaming about Marvel silencing some dude because of his politics when the company's employees are probably 99% liberal/lefty. The way this dude acted on the internet was just bad for business.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were implying there were.

It's true: the people at Marvel Comics are largely liberal and progressive. But that doesn't make this firing okay. No one actually cared how he tweeted except alt-right racists.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
I really really hate Marvel Comics.
8593.jpg

Cyclops was right

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
That's my point. There are no pro-Trump writers. People out here screaming about Marvel silencing some dude because of his politics when the company's employees are probably 99% liberal/lefty. The way this dude acted on the internet was just bad for business.

Anyone who calls liberals "Lefties" pretty much is showing who they really are. Big Trump fan?

Oct 27, 2017
It's true: the people at Marvel Comics are largely liberal and progressive. But that doesn't make this firing okay. No one actually cared how he tweeted except alt-right racists.

Which is why my feeling is this decision came from higher up. If they were going to fire him, it would have to go up the chain first and I doubt it would have been approved that way. So it makes more sense to me it came from the other direction.

If the editor asked to swap out Chuck Wending I have my doubts the response would have been "yeah sure" that's not believable to me.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which is why my feeling is this decision came from higher up. If they were going to fire him, it would have to go up the chain first and I doubt it would have been approved that way. So it makes more sense to me it came from the other direction.

Why would the editor have to go up the chain? He said it was his decision and I don't see any reason to believe he required buy-in from anyone outside Marvel.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
DC Comics, take inspiration from yur film producing parent company and start building an empire out of the gems Marvel hastily casts aside.

Or rather, in this case, further augment your empire, since you already have the better comics.