• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
giphy.gif

I feel so bad for the set production crew. Beautiful sets built for nothing more than to set up the next big boring action set piece. I feel so bad for alot of people involved in this trilogy in all honesty.

When I saw the force pull tug of war, my ass checked out so fast. That was too ridiculous even for me. Brother Fj0823 I now know what you mean by the Endgame reference, I already had alot of love for Endgame but Jesus Christ did this movie make me appreciate it so much more.

Rating:
Atleast it's better than the fucking prequels / 10.

P.S. fuck Kylo and fuck Rey. These bums never deserved the amount the screen time and investment they got.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed the first half of the movie. But after Luke showed himself and Han cameo, shit just went downhill from there.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I avoided spoilers. How much bigger a deal was Richard E. Grant's character supposed to be?

With the whole hidden fleet thing, I jsut kept imagining how cool it would have been if he had been playing Thrawn these last three films.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
First star wars movie premier I miss since TPM. I rather browse this thread to check if the spoilers are true.

And yes, all of it. What a load of crap.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
I came out of the movie 3 hours ago and I still am not sure how I feel about it. I think I liked it? I definitely didn't love it. I really enjoyed TFA and TLJ and came out of those movies with a lot of excitement of what I just saw. I walked out of this one just kinda wondering what I just watched.

Couldnt help myself from laughing out loud a bit when the kiss happened and the buddy next to me hit me in the leg to shut up, and I stopped for a second until he dropped dead a second later and started up again. Yeesh.

Oh and right off the bat that opening scrawl felt like a real bad fan fiction. I'm still trying to process everything.

Adam Driver was great though.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
So I watched TROS earlier and thought it was goodish..felt safe, formulatic. I then rewatched the TLJ. I have to say the TLJ had amazing visuals, the scenes popped more and story and characters felt much better.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
this movie was trash. everything that required EXTREME care to handle was breezed over, and everything that should have been mentioned or introduced casually (such as rey taking the skywalker last name) was incredibly overwrought.

Worst piece of star wars media of all time, totally dropped the ball TLJ spiked over the net.

Kylo Ren was supposed to be the main villain. His 'redemption' arc was totally undeserved, and his and rey's kiss was genuinely horrifying.

I knew within the first 10 minutes that this movie would be bad, but it found new ways to disappoint me. The Palpatine reveal was genuinely chilling, but would have had much more impact had he not been alive. In the end it was just a reminder that this movie could have been so much more.

This and Rogue One are the exact kind of trash I expected Disney to turn the whole series into, and I thought the first two movies were proving me wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the Sith stuff in the movie. The imagery the foreboding atmosphere of Exogl. I wanted more of the Sith in the movie.

I really wish they reached really far back the Sith connection and had Exogl be the location of the Star Forge where Palpy was working on starting it again but was continued by the acolytes. Would've tied up the "how" on the ship fleet as well.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Movie was great (if not WAY TOO FAST PACED) up until the "you are Palpatine's Granddaughter" -- after that it just got silly, still enjoyable, but I had given in to it all by then.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
I want more of that Sith Lore. That was easily the best part of the whole thing. The sith cultist and the ressurection of The Emperor, damn I cant wait for that particular comic!

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
So Darth Syphilis Sidious clapped some cheeks while Luke died a virgin hermit monk; as far as we know at least. Who is Rey's grandmother? I really need to know this information.
Jedis are supposed to be that way. I am guessing because Palpatine had to maintain his cover, he probably married someone in PT, while he was in the senate.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I was waiting for Matt Smith to show up towards the end as a young palpatine or at least Rey's father. Really surprised he was either cut or was never really involved in the first place. I fell behind on the spoilers though, what was up with that?

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Jedis are supposed to be that way. I am guessing because Palpatine had to maintain his cover, he probably married someone in PT, while he was in the senate.
I understand the Jedi argument, I was just being facetious. What messes me up is that Rey's parents appear to be in their 30s at most, which means that Palpatine's son/daughter was conceived some time after RotS... which is weird. I mean, dude wasn't pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.