• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
This shit...

source.gif

I don't even have words. It's just absolutely hilarious how bad of an ending this is gonna be. I warned y'all that JJ coming back was gonna result in some fuckery.

Ultimately, all Disney did was recreate the OT but lesser so they could bring Star Wars back even if that meant sacrificing the OT for it. Now that their main Star Wars films have brought it back to the public conscious, they can ditch the Skywalkers like a used condom to do other Star Wars films.

And if they fuck up, they'll bring back Ben Solo and say he never really died thereby starting the Solo Saga.

Quote me for later.

So Yoda can sense every single Jedi dying across an entire fucking galaxy during Order 66 but can't tell when a single man sitting in front of him is bumping uglies with his secret wife?

Some Jedi Master he was...

Well....yeah. There's a difference between feeling deaths through the Force and reading the Chosen One's mind.

Apr 19, 2018
Yoda dropped like 100 feet and fell on his back. Although it's not, that should definitely be a broken back right there and I can believe that he couldn't fight anymore after that.

It's true that Yoda took quite the tumble, but he didn't flat-out fall on his back. Looked like he tried to stick the landing feet-first, but the speed of the fall and force of collision caused him to bounce.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
There were reshoots after this and supposedly a Kylo scene with a skeleton crew that they waited until the last possible minute to do to presumably prevent leaks, so it's possible there's more to his fate than just falling down a hole.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that ending is true, the last true Skywalker falls down a pit and dies while a Palpatine appropriates the Skywalker name.

Palpy gets the last laugh no matter what.

Edit: at the end of the credits, there should do like what they did at the end of Endgame, but instead of the sound of Tony hammering out his first Iron Man suit, it's just Palpy laughing.

Lmao I said something similiar. No matter who wins or loses, Sheev still comes out on top. Papa Palps bloodline will continue. To quote Max Von Sydow's character in TFA, "you cannot deny the truth that is your family."

I hope we get some expanded media on who, when, and how Sheev fucked.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair they already did that when TFA showed nothing much had changed in the 30 years since Jedi.

TFA made me think the New Order were basically the Empire Rebellion that were hidden away with Starkiller base doing Empire things in the Shadows (stealing kids/raiding villiages") with the Starkiller base strike as a "hey were here" move. Its why TLJ seemed so strange when it just seemed to flip it back to how the OG trilogy was. Should note I have only seen the movies an nothing else if this was made more clear elsewhere.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
It's crazy how the scope of this universe just keeps shrinking down with each film. It's supposed to be this huge galaxy and everyone important is just related to each other.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
So I read the leaks and that all seems... fine? Like nothing really jumps out as all that objectionable to me.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Lol man these leaks are terrible and lol to the ppl who keep arguing that Rey is a fantastic character because she was a nobody .

Finn should've been the Jedi all along :-(

Nov 11, 2017
Lmao I said something similiar. No matter who wins or loses, Sheev still comes out on top. Papa Palps bloodline will continue. To quote Max Von Sydow's character in TFA, "you cannot deny the truth that is your family."

I hope we get some expanded media on who, when, and how Sheev fucked.
Well no... Palp doesn't care about his offspring or bloodline, he wants to live forever.

he would kill his children if he had to. It's called the dark side for a reason.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I see were already at the "well it just sounds silly in the script but it translates to the screen better!"arguments. Reminds me of the days leading up to the GoT finale with people trying to talk themselves down from the leaks.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I honestly think they would have been better off letting Rian do the first movie and not Abram or whoever wrote the original reboot. This entire trilogy was set up for failure when they decided to bring back the first Order vs Rebels nonsense.

That said, I use failure very loosely. Let's not sit here and pretend that Star Wars fans would have accepted anything new. So I understand why they did it. And the reaction to T he Force Awakens is probably proof they made the right choice

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think they would have been better off letting Rian do the first movie and not Abram or whoever wrote the original reboot. This entire trilogy was set up for failure when they decided to bring back the first Order vs Rebels nonsense.

That said, I use failure very loosely. Let's not sit here and pretend that Star Wars fans would have accepted anything new. So I understand why they did it. And the reaction to T he Force Awakens is probably proof they made the right choice

I don't buy the idea that star wars fans hate everything, but I agree with your premise. Rian honestly didn't have much to work with after TFA. I'm still excited for his trilogy if it Disney didn't already kill it.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Ben is obviously falling to Disney+. He's not dead, cmon.

Darth Maul, not dead.
Palpatine, not dead.
Boba Fett, he was supposedly not dead at some point

Han I guess is dead but you never know!

Falling in star wars is just for theatrics.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I don't buy the idea that star wars fans hate everything, but I agree with your premise. Rian honestly didn't have much to work with after TFA. I'm still excited for his trilogy if it Disney didn't already kill it.
I think actually I like everything in Star Wars but that's mainly cause I don't think the original trilogy was that much higher in quality

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Ben is obviously falling to Disney+. He's not dead, cmon.

Darth Maul, not dead.
Palpatine, not dead.
Boba Fett, he was supposedly not dead at some point

Han I guess is dead but you never know!

Falling in star wars is just for theatrics.
these were literally all dumb

That said, i think his scene was just recorded later and they will confirm him alive

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think actually I like everything in Star Wars but that's mainly cause I don't think the original trilogy was that much higher in quality

Yeah its a lot easier if you don't think the OT are the best movies ever made. Honestly most of my love for the OT stems from all the amazing EU books and games I experienced.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles

rian should've had a 1 yr time skip instead of starting right away from TFA ending. Nobody would've questioned it if Luke and Rey were training for that 1yr. I just find it hard to believe that ep. 6+7 story span days and Rey kinda becomes a somewhat competent Force user During that short timespan. 😑

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I will not be surprised if this is real. All I can ask is it's still fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.
I actually didn't mind TLJ, but i'd like the series to go back to not being so serious with itself and these rumors seem to be taking things in that direction.

Will be interesting seeing the future films, i'd assume D&D likely already have their trilogy planned out. Would be kind of cool if they bring back the idea of having more star wars films, but having them separate trilogies. So D&D doing KOTOR and Rian doing newer stuff (or vice versa). That seems like a good way to keep interest without resorting to spin-offs.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
rian should've had a 1 yr time skip instead of starting right away from TFA ending. Nobody would've questioned it if Luke and Rey were training for that 1yr. I just find it hard to believe that ep. 6+7 story span days and Rey kinda becomes a somewhat competent Force user During that short timespan. 😑

I never even thought about that last sentence.

fuck.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Eh, it's not like it's new to star wars though. Luke only trained with Obi wan for like, one spaceship ride? And then a few days to maybe a couple weeks at most with Yoda. Of course, Rey's on screen force usage of the force shown is probably a bigger feat than anything in episodes 4 to 6, but that's only because of cinematic technology marching on.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, it's not like it's new to star wars though. Luke only trained with Obi wan for like, one spaceship ride? And then a few days to maybe a couple weeks at most with Yoda. Of course, Rey's on screen force usage of the force shown is probably a bigger feat than anything in episodes 4 to 6, but that's only because of cinematic technology marching on.
The vague passage of time in 4-6 made it feel more believable. 7-8 are explicitly set in between a few days.

conversely, the prequels had TOO MUCH time in between each film it makes it all feel somewhat disconnected.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Using what we learned from these leaks along with the new canon EU material (and TFA/TLJ) I sort of compiled the major plot points that the Force storyline characters go through between ROTJ and TFA from the info we have. Obviously if the leaks aren't entirely accurate (and they likely won't be, even valid leaks like MSW and TFA still got some big details wrong due to the nature of info being provided by phone tag and getting muddied a bit) things will change:

Palpatine:
-Escapes to the Unknown Regions after surviving his fall on the DSII to bide his time to plot his return and revenge where the Empire had been previously stockpiling super weapons outside the purview of the known galaxy.
-The remaining surviving Empire fleet fled to Unknown Regions as well as per Palaptine's contingency plan.
-Palpatine takes on a new apprentice, Snoke.
-Palpatine tasks Snoke to act as the figure head for reforming the remaining Imperial fleet into the First Order to keep his survival a secret until the time is right.

Snoke:
-Under his leadership (while secretly being following Palpatine's bidding) the surviving Imperial fleet is reborn as the First Order.
-Secretly begins to contact Ben Solo to tempt him to the Dark Side as it has been foreseen that Solo can bring the end of Luke Skywalker if he can be turned.

Ben:
-Ben is tempted by Snoke's promise of being the new Darth Vader and falls to the dark side.
-Ben becomes Snoke's new apprentice leaving Luke for dead and destroying his Jedi Academy, unaware of Snoke's true master.
-Snoke entrusts Ben with being the elite leader of the Knights of Ren, the strongest enforcers of the First Orders will. Modeled after their idol, Darth Vader. Ben is now known as Kylo Ren.

Luke:
-Luke starts rebuilding the Jedi by first training Leia, however she quits when becoming pregnant with Ben.
-Luke years later after exploring the galaxy to learn more of the history of the Jedi and the Sith takes on a new group of students including Ben Solo.
-Confronts Ben once learning of Snoke's corruption of him and has his school wiped out and is left for dead by Ben.
-Feeling guilty for being unable to stop the cycle of the dark side from happening again Luke flees to Ahch-To, the birthplace of the Jedi, to exile himself to try to end the cycle of destruction that the Jedi always leads to.

Leia:
-Trains with Luke to become a Jedi before stepping down once becoming pregnant with Ben.
-Leia as a senator in the New Republic is branded a warmonger as she is opposed to the Republic's decision to demilitarize as she believes they underestimate the true size and threat of the First Order.
-Resigns from the senate once it leaks that her father was Darth Vader, effectively ending her political career.
-Forms the Resistance to take on the rising First Order as the Republic refuses to act and declare war on this rising threat.

Rey:
-Palpatine discovers the identity of a child that he had and sends one of his underlings to kill them and their family as they may become a possible threat to him as Luke and Leia were for Vader before he turned back to the light.
-Palpatine's child and their spouse successfully hide their daughter Rey on Jakku before being tracked down and killed by Palpatine's agent.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to look back at Bloodline knowing that Sheev was behind Snoke all along, because the plot to use the Amaxine Warriors as a terrorist threat to encourage the establishment of a First Senator who can become a new dictator is a very obvious Sheev plan.

I guess the question is whether Snoke was always loyal to Sheev or if he had split off and decided to just start the Cold War himself in a bid for power.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snoke is not a sith and he was observed the galaxy a least since The Clone Wars.
He may not be a Sith but TROS says Palpatine was behind Snoke and Snoke's power of leading the FO per Jason Ward. So it gets a bit muddy. I suspect we will have to wait for the novelization to get a lot of the concrete detail.

Sounds like going with the EU material + what we got from the TROS leaks he was dark side user already to a certain extent who Palpatine discovered (or he discovered Palpatine) and Palpatine was able to use to act in his stead as the face of the FO while he bid his time.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it can be inferred from opera scene convo that Sheev created Anakin. Watch how he looks at him says "to create ... life."

I think that scene is him trying to use his fear of losing his loved ones ( immortality) to lure him to the dark side, nothing more, it could be a lie even...

BUTTTTT

if Rey is Palpatine's daughter, then the meme is actually meaningful

its like poetry... it rhymes.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine literally surviving ROTJ and just hanging out in the Outer Rim for several decades is just not going to work for me as a story point. It just isn't. It's too much a jumping of the shark.

It's fairly obvious Johnson was not supposed to kill Snoke, TFA had nothing in it that set up or implied Palpatine was alive.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Well...

That script sounds as bad as the thought of reading ERA Star Wars threads after it's out and seeing the usual few power users decry all criticism all by themselves.

Fortunately, I likely won't watch this and perhaps I can control myself from reading the presumably extremely heated threads here, too.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Luke is supposed to have trained with Yoda for months.

Luke does some self-teaching in the years between ANH and ESB though as well as between ESB and ROTJ

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Why was Operation Cinder even executed if he was alive, the whole point was to fuck everyone over cause the Empire failed to protect his life and rebuild with true believers. But he's alive so the Empire didn't fail him, he could have done a "GOTCHA BITCH!" on the Rebels and kept fighting.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a Star Wars, with some things that I'm looking forward to seeing on screen and some decisions I'm unsure about. Even if it ends up a prequel-esque train wreck, at least we got TLJ out of the sequel trilogy. It's more good Star Wars than the prequels gave us.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Palp physically survived? I personally preferred the idea he survived as some kind of weird Sith ghost.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Palpatine literally surviving ROTJ and just hanging out in the Outer Rim for several decades is just not going to work for me as a story point. It just isn't. It's too much a jumping of the shark.

It's fairly obvious Johnson was not supposed to kill Snoke, TFA had nothing in it that set up or implied Palpatine was alive.

Snoke would have made a lousy final boss anyway.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why was Operation Cinder even executed if he was alive, the whole point was to fuck everyone over cause the Empire failed to protect his life and rebuild with true believers. But he's alive so the Empire didn't fail him, he could have done a "GOTCHA BITCH!" on the Rebels and kept fighting.
It was the same way in the Old EU. Palpatine hid on the Planet Byss building superweapons etc. while the Empire fought it out with the Republic. Though the Old EU did understand the scope and scale of the Empire and realized the Empire would not just die out after a few months of war. The Republic would fight for more than 10 years to defeat the Empire once and for all

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ

I would have accepted seeing George's vision ( good or bad) for the end of the saga....but that is not gonna happen. Iger's bio is quite open about the direction Disney chose to take and if you like what you've got all good....personally think it's a big shit show and these plot leaks if true imo reinforce that.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It was the same way in the Old EU. Palpatine hid on the Planet Byss building superweapons etc. while the Empire fought it out with the Republic. Though the Old EU did understand the scope and scale of the Empire and realized the Empire would not just die out after a few months of war. The Republic would fight for more than 10 years to defeat the Empire once and for all
Well yeah that's the key difference, the EU Empire didn't just blow up overnight. Thrawn, the remnants and clone Sheev kept fighting back.

In the new canon Sheev set it up to where the Empire self destructs if he is ever killed, he didn't want the Empire that failed him to have any chance at striking back for a victory if he wasn't there for it.That's fine and wraps everything up neatly.

However if he actually survived then that shouldn't have happened, unless it was by mistake and ol Sheev was pissed when someone pressed the Cinder button. Sheev still had an avenue for victory even after Endor, the old EU at least understood that that Empire wasn't completely crippled just cause they blew up another Death Star.

With how it is now he hides out building toys and damn near dies of old age before he lucks out with Ben and Rey showing up. I guess some book later on is gonna tell me Sheev had a force vision of the Rey/Ben force dyad as Vader was throwing him down the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.