• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Ben doesn't even "die" as hard as Palpatine or Maul did. He's definitely coming back.

Also, why is it always falling down a shaft? lol

Well you see when a man and a woman love each other very much the man usually falls down a shaft to his doom.

Joking aside I think it's fitting that Kylo REN dies falling down a shaft after what his grandfather did to emperor Palpatine

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you see when a man and a woman love each other very much the man usually falls down a shaft to his doom.

Joking aside I think it's fitting that Kylo REN dies falling down a shaft after what his grandfather did to emperor Palpatine

*Palpatine looks over and down the ledge that Ben fell over to his supposed death*
w3hUyFC.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting deja vu from April 2019 with the GoT leaks. "Come on, there's no way that stuff is true..."

Of course this isn't nearly as bad as GoT was but still...it's familiar.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What I always thought was a huge misstep was killing Luke at the end of TLJ....

Would've made much more sense to do it in this movie.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp the leak might be true:

"Hope is good," Leia said, her voice gentle with understanding. "Hope is important, and sometimes it is all we have. But," she said, smiling, "what does hope have to do with being rational?" She held out her hand and Rey leaned forward and took it, pressing her palm to Leia's and squeezing.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this," Rey whispered quietly.

"But you will do it," Leia said, her voice a little louder, filled with a little more steel. "And you won't be alone. We will be here with you."

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
She saw the potential within her and hoped that Rey would be able to restore balance to the Force once more just as Anakin once did.
Wait did Anakin succeed at bringing balance to the force? Is that what happened?

Palpatine is not in the same chamber that Kylo discovered him in, but in a huge arena, surrounded by Sith loyalists in dark cloaks in the grandstands. Palpatine is being supported by some kind of mechanical arm, possibly connecting him to life support machinery.
This is literally a video game boss

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
He killed Palpatine. Or so we thought.

The only way the prophecy makes sense now is if Palpatine really did die before but either got rezzed or is a Force Ghost.

Ben Solo kills Palpatine and so Anakin still gets credit for killing Palpatine.

Or it's about Anakin murdering all the Jedi until it was just Palpatine and Luke left to balance each other....for a time.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I cant believe how much the PT fucked Yoda
Yoda is so fucking stupid.

I honestly don't see an issue with this as Yoda accepts that death is part of life and Anakin needs to accept that too. They're not supposed to have attachments as impossible as they might be, it is the ideal for the Jedi. It might be alien to us but the Jedi believe in Stoicism.

Stoicism- "an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno of Citium. The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge; the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain."

"According to its teachings, as social beings, the path to eudaimonia (happiness) for humans is found in accepting the moment as it presents itself, by not allowing oneself to be controlled by the desire for pleasure or fear of pain, by using one's mind to understand the world and to do one's part in nature's plan, and by working together and treating others fairly and justly. "

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I love that Yoda and Anakin conversation, I like the tragic element of it being the last thing Anakin wanted to hear but on its own Yoda isn't saying anything explicitly wrong.

Yoda could sense the turmoil in Anakin but even he was still stuck in his old ways, he's been at it doing this shtick for 900 years. He couldn't address the real emotional needs of Anakin. I love it that he was flawed and wasn't always the ultimate wise master of wisdom, even someone as old as Yoda had the capacity for growth and he ended up becoming a better teacher for Luke.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Would it make sense that episode 9 ends not only the Skywalker lineage but also the force together with the Jedi and Sith?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

• Doesn't know who the Jedi that came came before are that rejuvenate Rey. Speculates Ben Solo could be one of them.
  • Says behind Palpatine's throne there was ice or crystal, looked somewhat like Superman's fortress of solitude.
  • The scene where Kylo Ren reforged his helmet is now very brief. The Knights of Ren are still there.
  • During reshoots they've reshot D-O's introduction into the film and it sounds like he's introduced on Ochi's ship and he's repaired there (JediPaxis broke that part first) instead of at the droid repair shop on Kijimi.
  • Jason thinks that Luke and Leia's ghosts don't show up anymore to help Rey fight Palpatine but disembodied voices instead.
  • Jason heard something about seeing Rey's parents on Tatooine when she was burying the lightsaber parts which was changed to Luke and Leia
  • Jason thinks you see Rey's parents in a hut on Jakku then they're murdered.

Oct 27, 2017
Would it make sense that episode 9 ends not only the Skywalker lineage but also the force together with the Jedi and Sith?
No. Ending the force makes no sense. The force existed before jedi and sith and will always exist long after them. It's not something that can be "ended" and I'd argue if you remove that from Star Wars it becomes nothing more than a generic scifi western

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Or the prophecy could have always been bullshit and it's impossible to balance the Force.

Dunno, i always thought the Jedi got that prophecy wrong. At the time when the "chosen one" finally appears, the light side clearly has a majority with the shitload of Jedi that roam the galaxy. Compared to a few Sith that hide away.

In this case, balancing means decimating the Jedi to the amount of Sith ... which is basically what Anakin does.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These films are of decent quality but there's just too many iffy story decisions

- Committing to bringing back the old legacy characters and banking hard on nostalgia but then not letting them have any scenes together.

- Choosing not to really explain and explore any of the political machinations that may have happened post-ROTJ and going straight to a reset of the same status quo as the OT.

- Putting Luke on an island for an entire movie because you couldn't really figure out what to do with him.

- Second film betting the entire farm on the "Rey is a nobody" story choice ...

- ... Only to be undercut by the third film going back on that and making her a Palpatine.

- Killing Snoke which then effectively forces Palpatine to literally return back to life ... somehow, even though it stretches pretty much all story credibility.

There's just too much here that doesn't work.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very controversial opinion.

Some people think TLJ is the best, others thinks it ruins Star Wars, others think its mediocre and others thinks it's overrated.

I don't think TLJ being the best movie since ESB is the popular opinion among fans tbh.
How is it controversial? When do movies that get near universal acclaim need to be "turned around"?

If you don't like the ST after the first two films (TFA also was critically acclaimed) then it seems silly to expect them to radically change course when the course has been very successful for them for the first two films.

they aren't going to massively change course or rework the storyline too dramatically. As TFA and TLJ clearly worked for most. So following that ground work in story and style should be expected.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate this. The Last Jedi had issues, but generally speaking, I thought it was enjoyable.

I can't overstate how much I hate Luke and Leia coming back to finish off Palpatine.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Ah, okay. That's a bit relieving.
Well the latest scuttle is they don't.

The third act spoilers basically are changing every day at this point.

Two different leakers. One says they come back as disembodied voices for the final battle while the other says they're there fighting.

How is it controversial? When do movies that get near universal acclaim need to be "turned around"?

If you don't like the ST after the first two films (TFA also was critically acclaimed) then it seems silly to expect them to radically change course when the course has been very successful for them for the first two films.

they aren't going to massively change course or rework the storyline too dramatically. As TFA and TLJ clearly worked for most. So following that ground work in story and style should be expected.

Idk why you made that response geared to me. I only said that it's a controversial movie and while it does have universal acclaim among critics, there's quite a large disconnect between fans and critics.

I'm not even talking about hardcore fans. Even casual fans were disappointed in certain aspects. But you'd probably need a poll to really believe it.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
A movie series that just had its best film since ESB needs turned around 🤔?
Empire is 40 years old. Movie storytelling has grown since then. Dramatic fantasy has been done better. Fanservice has been done better. Being as good as Empire or brand new like the original SW is not enough.

JJ had a massive sandbox going into TFA. Killing classic character after character while not making the newer ones interesting enough, and literally closing it altogether with end of the "Skywalker Saga".

These leaks suggest a total and comically bad erasure of the Skywalker family. It doesn't just offend me as a casual fan, but as a fan of movie writing as well.

None of the spinoffs are worth what happens to Luke and/or his family (if the leaks are true).

Status
Not open for further replies.