• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I mean using Finn they could've turned Like or Leia into a parental figure, especially after losing Ben to the dark. That would still tie the family into it , with the adopted son overcoming the blood one.

This is great to be honest. The memes coming out of TROS might rival ROTS. I guess it's no coincidence they share the same letters in their acronyms.

Dang I never noticed that connection. Most entertaining movie coming through.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like that probably wouldn't be the first go to tbh. I guess I just find this family drama with Rey to be boring as hell. I liked Rey random cause I was like thank goodness we can move on from this boring plot point. But noooope.

I feel like Rey searching for a family is perhaps the biggest thing we know about her character, so it's not surprising JJ wants to explore it more in TROS.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when Kylo loses his helmet ?

He doesn't have it on the death star. I don't remember seeing it in the leaks.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it make more sense for Anakin to be in Han's role? I mean he would know more about it never being too late to turn back.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Wouldn't it make more sense for Anakin to be in Han's role? I mean he would know more about it never being too late to turn back.

Yes but JJ hates Anakin so we'll probably never see him. : /

They should've used that TFA concept

Do3Rt26X4AAe3Vk.jpg

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The Anakin / Cade scene from Star Wars Legacy would have been PERFECT for a fucking Anakin Kylo scene.

But yeah gotta pretend the guy doesn't exist. Literally since Sheev is back no problem.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they put more work into making Rey more interesting tbh I've never really found her story to be too engrossing. I feel like it would have been better if she were related to one of the legacy characters or alternatively she had amnesia and did some bad shit in her past. That would have been cool. I feel like the movies make the mistake of making Kylo Ren's conflict (as barebones and nonsensical as it is to me) more interesting than who Rey is. It's apart of the reason why I've been seeing a lot of incensed people on Kylo's half who've pretty much forgotten that the ST is Rey's story and Kylo is an antagonist no matter how he gets redeemed.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I wish they put more work into making Rey more interesting tbh I've never really found her story to be too engrossing. I feel like it would have been better if she were related to one of the legacy characters or alternatively she had amnesia and did some bad shit in her past. That would have been cool. I feel like the movies make the mistake of making Kylo Ren's conflict (as barebones and nonsensical as it is to me) more interesting than who Rey is. It's apart of the reason why I've been seeing a lot of incensed people on Kylo's half who've pretty much forgotten that the ST is Rey's story and Kylo is an antagonist no matter how he gets redeemed.

According to Rian, Ben and Rey are almost two halves of a protagonist but with it leaning more in favor of Rey. He's the deuteragonist though.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nah. Fans were against Bendeption after Kylo killed his dad.

With the dream sequence being with Han, in some sense I bet it's also meant for the audience to show that Han forgives Kylo for killing him (lol).

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I think the ot does a good job of handling the vader and Luke's father retcon despite it not being planned

Now Luke's sister was not handled well and I really wish she was just a new character in jedi

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
According to Rian, Ben and Rey are almost two halves of a protagonist but with it leaning more in favor of Rey. He's the deuteragonist though.

I know but when it comes to the films it's like they can't decide who is truly the important one. It's strange because after the leaks came out about kylo's fate on Reddit, I saw people suddenly saying shit like "Rey's not interesting" and "how dare she take the Skywalker name when the last true Skywalker dies". All this dare I say it misogyny jumped out of people who were very ecstatic about the Kylo and Rey development in TLJ.

(Lowkey I was a bit pissed to hear Rian say that after all this hollering about how Finn was the co-lead of the series LOL i feel like a clown for believing that hogwash.)

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Gonna be hard sweety since all Skywalkers have been murdered and no heir remain. ;D

I feel like if they feel they have to, they'll just say Ben fucked some chick while he was Supreme Leader for a year and conceived a kid or Luke had a romp and never knew he had a kid.

I mean if Palpatine can have a never before seen kid then I don't see why Luke or Ben can't.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if they feel they have to, they'll just say Ben fucked some chick while he was Supreme Leader for a year and conceived a kid or Luke had a romp and never knew he had a kid.

I mean if Palpatine can have a never before seen kid then I don't see why Luke or Ben can't.

That's a very good point, think you won palaptine ?! Kylo is gonna survive the pit like you did, or Luke shagged in the shadows like you did.

Take THAT !

I know but when it comes to the films it's like they can't decide who is truly the important one. It's strange because after the leaks came out about kylo's fate on Reddit, I saw people suddenly saying shit like "Rey's not interesting" and "how dare she take the Skywalker name when the last true Skywalker dies". All this dare I say it misogyny jumped out of people who were very ecstatic about the Kylo and Rey development in TLJ.

(Lowkey I was a bit pissed to hear Rian say that after all this hollering about how Finn was the co-lead of the series LOL i feel like a clown for believing that hogwash.)

Saying Rey isn't an interesting character is not misogyny.

I think it's more that people expected more out of the new characters and now that it's all said and done it's so horribly shallow and unearned that it's hard to cope for many. Including fans of TFA and some of TLJ.

If Kylo dies like rumored holy shit.

As for Finn and Poe, I read the entire leak and I can't even remember what they do in this film so yeah, so much for being main characters lmao.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

That's a very good point, think you won palaptine ?! Kylo is gonna survive the pit like you did, or Luke shagged in the shadows like you did.

Take THAT !

FG Luke: Rey, Can you go check My Ex Mara Jade?

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I hope after all this shit Disney has learned to at least let the same person write, or have consistent input on all the films. TLJ is a worse movie now than it was before.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
FG Luke: Rey, Can you go check My Ex Mara Jade?

When The Mandalorian numbers start lowering, they'll have sebastian stan play ROTJ+ Luke and have a Mara Jade romance. Their arc will end in Mara Jade deciding to leave, Luke won't understand. But it will reveal she was pregnant and hid the child from him.

A movie about that child will be made.

Believe.

I hope after all this shit Disney has learned to at least let the same person write, or have consistent input on all the films. TLJ is a worse movie now than it was before.

See I have a problem with that.

So they managed to destroy the most iconic franchise and characters of cinema history, but NOW they're gonna have their shit together and keep the same writer / director for trilogies ?

That leaves me incredibly sour. They ruined the opportunity of a lifetime, to have all the actors of the prequel sequel OT alive and destroyed it, but cool I'm sure Kevin Feige will make decent flick. Doesn't make me feel any better about how they treated what I held so dearly :/ .

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I really hope that snoke is directly tied to palpatine in this movie. People say Luke at the end of TLJ is the most powerful force usage we've seen but they're wrong. It's actually Snoke warping kylos brain from across the Galaxy for years right under Luke's nose.

I don't need everything explicitly explained In these movies but some random dude being capable of essentially mind controlling Jedi Jesus's nephew is ridiculous.

The leaks apparently dismiss Snoke as a pawn of Sheev, to run the first order while Sheev regained his strength and build his sith fleet.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When The Mandalorian numbers start lowering, they'll have sebastian stan play ROTJ+ Luke and have a Mara Jade romance. Their arc will end in Mara Jade deciding to leave, Luke won't understand. But it will reveal she was pregnant and hid the child from him.

Believe.

See I have a problem with that.

So they managed to destroy the most iconic franchise and characters of cinema history, but NOW they're gonna have their shit together and keep the same writer / director for trilogies ?

That leaves me incredibly sour. They ruined the opportunity of a lifetime, to have all the actors of the prequel sequel OT alive and destroyed it, but cool I'm sure Kevin Feige will make decent flick. Doesn't make me feel any better about how they treated what I held so dearly :/ .

They'll be rebooting Star Wars in a decade or two. Hopefully this time around they plan ahead and have one consistent vision.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I agree. I think ultimately TLJ will be the "filler" film in this trilogy, because TFA and TROS are JJ films, and TROS seems to be a direct follow up to what JJ had set up.

JJ set up a bunch of mystery box nonsense that some poor sap would have to pay off later on and deal with the scorn of a bunch of angry fans who spent the last two years writing their own headcanon.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
All I want to see is Ewoks eating porgs and naked C-3PO

Also Force Ghost Anakin appearing and asking Rey if she's an angel

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side we're getting actual lightsaber duels again and like 2 of them with Rey and Kylo at least...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side we're getting actual lightsaber duels again and like 2 of them with Rey and Kylo at least...

Speaking of which.
Their battle in the trailer looks so incredibly whack.

Like wtf is that ? I thought we were gonna go back to intense and visceral action of TFA on that front, a bit worried.

Even moreso now that they cut Kylo going ham with the force against the KOR recently. Feel like the movie is a mess.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
They'll be rebooting Star Wars in a decade or two. Hopefully this time around they plan ahead and have one consistent vision.

I believe the terms of the deal that Lucas set in the contract was that Disney couldn't reshoot the PT and OT.

Believe.

The Sequel Sequel Trilogy will recontextualize even further revealing that it's just an inter-family war.

It'll just be the Palpatine-Skywalkers and the Skywalker-Solos killing each other over and over again until the audience gets bored of it .

And then they marry each other by the end and we're left with God-Emperor Anakin Atreides Stark Palpatine Skywalker Solo ruling the Universe for thousands of years.

Apr 19, 2018
Their battle in the trailer looks so incredibly whack.

Like wtf is that ? I thought we were gonna go back to intense and visceral action of TFA on that front, a bit worried.

What little we saw in the trailer looked weak as hell though. Did they get a different fight choreographer than TFA? WTF happened?

Is it really fair to be judging the overall quality of these fights based on two 2-second clips from the trailers? Both of which were wide establishing shots?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I think ultimately TLJ will be the "filler" film in this trilogy, because TFA and TROS are JJ films, and TROS seems to be a direct follow up to what JJ had set up.
On the other hand, The Dark Knight is viewed as the best of the trilogy when The Dark Knight Rises was more of a follow up to Batman Begins.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I believe the terms of the deal that Lucas set in the contract was that Disney couldn't reshoot the PT and OT.

The Sequel Sequel Trilogy will recontextualize even further revealing that it's just an inter-family war.

It'll just be the Palpatine-Skywalkers and the Skywalker-Solos killing each other over and over again until the audience gets bored of it .

And then they marry each other by the end and we're left with God-Emperor Anakin Atreides Stark Palpatine Skywalker Solo ruling the Universe for thousands of years.
OT: Luke's hero journey
PT - OT: Rise, Fall, and Redemption of Anakin
PT - OT - ST: The Emperor's New Groove.

There's always a bigger fish.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, The Dark Knight is viewed as the best of the trilogy when The Dark Knight Rises was more of a follow up to Batman Begins.

Not much happens in the last jedi though besides killing off Luke with post prod in the last 30 seconds of the film. (all things considered)

Dark Knight had Bruce as Batman finally, the whole time, a whole intrigue with the Joker, two Face, the death of Rachel, him sacrificing himself for the greater good.

It's an incredibly solid film with great implications for the character and overall story.

TLJ not only managed to be 2 days after TFA, and ends with a similar status quo minus shitting on a fan favorite, it is also basically entirely retconned by episode IX.

- Luke is now acting like ROTJ Luke (fuck off btw JJ you don't get to do that after how he was handled in TLJ)

- Rey is not a nobody but literally Palpatina

- Her parents literally did not abandon her and were killed trying to save her

- Kylo isn't going back to the dark side after all

- Anakin saber is remade / Kylo helmet is remade

- Rey is training literally, mentally and physically, and not just with bullshit philosophical lessons

- Leia actually dies off randomly cause she's at the end of her life, making her surviving in TLJ even worse as Luke died and we got mary poppins in space instead for nothing

- The resistance literally states "We got your message back on Crait but the First Order blocked our reponses" to justify why they are a viable force now lmfao

- So Yoda shows Force Ghosts are powerful ? Nope nobody does jack shit they cut out all their scenes in IX

- Rose has a glorified cameo

- DJ doesn't exist anymore

Like Oof my dude.

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not.

Obi Wan didn't want to conflict Luke and he knew Vader didn't know about his existence.

You can rationalize his lie.

Kylo is trying to be honest with Rey and somehow he fucked missed out being connected to the biggest sith lord of all time ?

How fucking incompetent is he ?

Never mind he is pathetic and has failed everything he has attempted besides killing Snoke, another worthless character, and is about to lose 4 times in a row in ROTS.

So it checks out !

On that note, do they explain Snoke AT ALL in RoS?

- Rey is training literally, mentally and physically, and not just with bullshit philosophical lessons

Which is always how the Force worked, despite what those who misrepresented it wanted to believe in an attempt to excuse Reys rate of growth over TFA/TLJ.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not much happens in the last jedi though besides killing off Luke with post prod in the last 30 seconds of the film. (all things considered)

Dark Knight had Bruce as Batman finally, the whole time, a whole intrigue with the Joker, two Face, the death of Rachel, him sacrificing himself for the greater good.

It's an incredibly solid film with great implications for the character and overall story.

TLJ not only managed to be 2 days after TFA, and ends with a similar status quo minus shitting on a fan favorite, it is also basically entirely reconnected by episode IX.

- Luke is now acting like ROTJ Luke (fuck off btw JJ you don't get to do that after how he was handled in TLJ)

- Rey is not a nobody but literally Palpatina

- Her parents literally did not abandon her and were killed trying to save her

- Kylo isn't going back to the dark side after all

- Anakin saber is remade / Kylo helmet is remade

- Leia actually dies off randomly cause she's at the end of her life, making her surviving in TLJ even worse as Luke died and we got mary poppins in space instead for nothing

- So Yoda shows Force Ghosts are powerful ? Nope nobody does jack shit they cut out all their scenes in IX

- Rose has a glorified cameo

- DJ doesn't exist anymore

Like Oof my dude.

I like Rian Johnson and all, but he should've just followed JJ's outline. It's clear this isn't a coherent singular story. If he wanted to do something bold, fresh, original, etc. he should have asked for non-connected film (like Rogue One) where he would have greater freedom to do that.

Last edited:

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
People should remember that sheev was only in one scene in empire strikes back, originally played by a female actress until the special editions, and not in a new hope at all.

It's like poetry etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.