• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it cannot be the end of Palpatine's saga, since only Skywalker's bloodline is done for.
If you think (humorously) about it, Rey ended up playing the perfect metaphorical Cuckoo bird in the story.

Until next time, sweet clone prince.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"I am Rey. Rey Skywalker."

1575334450840_25444588.png

My Head Canon.
Mara Jade gave to Maz.

* before running away from this galaxy with her son, Luke's offspring.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Palpatine should have presented himself as her grandfather early on, play with the whole "Thank you for waiting for me you poor child" act to manipulate her, despite her knowing about him, "I sent you to Jakku to protect you from those awful rebels who'd kill you the moment they knew who you were"

If Rey's fixation with her family was to be used, that's how you do it, but she immediately rejects the idea and has no intention to ever joining Palpatine, she's justa fraid she's going evil.

There's no real conflict, she hates palpatine full stop.

That's lame. My hope is that Daisy pulls off some amazing acting that makes her look the tiny bit conflicted to kill her only family.

Not that it will make the whole "Im your gran papi" twist any better, but it will feel a bit less BS if executed decently

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Like Some People in that my thread said.
The Visuals books it's not necessary to buy Unless you want to know some detail that happened between movies, characters, and items.

Expand Novels on Other Hand it's pretty much movie director cut.
Yeah. I'm not down with that. VB's should just be about the BTS stuff. As i said before you fail if you need that stuff.

As for novelisations. That's not true. (With the exception of RJ, who said that about TLJ's novel)
Oh I agree 100%. The story group should be there to mediate betweeN creators and make sure nothing too insane happens but that's about it.
Exactly. Glad you understand my rambling.
The need to explain/connect everything ruined Star Wars a long, long time ago. At this point, I'm sure every single character who appears in ANH has a name and backstory - both in new canon and old!

IIRC someone wrote an official story for the stormtrooper who bangs his head on a Death Star door, to explain why he banged his head...
And i think that's very dumbs.

But what really fucks me off with Disney is. They had a clean piece of paper to work with going forward, and all they've done is completely lean into that shit.

Hate it.
I never thought Rey was truly a no one, and i argued at nauseam with those that fought for it. It goes against everything in TFA. She was absolutely was related to someone important.

Every hint and line she has in TFA told us that she indeed was related to someone very important. Rian just chose to be hip and funny about it like he was subverting when all he really did was hurt the arc, and robbed us of real meaningful Luke /Rey training and he murdered Luke for nothing.
Ohhh Really ?

Please point all these things in TFA. Because all i see is JJ's mystery box bullshit.
Emperor palpy must of learnt how to cheat death itself!
TCaBoLo.gif

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0F9ZDTR.png

gotta make one with Rey healing somebody too

maybe with narancia as "The internet" watching as she heals Kylo

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
It's likely that the most argumentative posters/youtubers are already (or soon will) aware of the general gist of the leaks.
I'm genuinely far more curious about the general reaction, including film critics.

Also Disney's one.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It remembers that it was Palpatine the one responsible for giving it the best time of it's life killing all those younglings

Anakin's lightsaber is going to turn out to be Stormbringer.

The theme of a cursed sword which causes evil deeds when drawn goes back to the sword Tyrfing in Norse Mythology, with which Moorcock was likely familiar.

This powerful enchanted black blade is a member of a demon race that takes on the form of a sword, and as such is an agent of Chaos. Stormbringer's edge is capable of cutting through virtually any material not protected by potent sorcery, and it can drink the soul from (and thereby kill) an unprotected human upon delivering any wound, even a scratch. Its most distinctive features are that it has a mind and will of its own, and that it feeds upon the souls of those it kills. Elric loathes the sword but is almost helpless without the strength and vitality it confers on him.

Feed me, Rey, feed me!

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you were around for the one-two punch that was Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad, but this movie is shaping to top both of them combined in batshit...
I mean those were awful movies.

Everyone for the most part at least accepts that TROS is likely to be a very well reviewed likely well liked GA audience pleaser as that is what JJ excels at. Fanboy meltdowns will have nothing to do with that.

I doubt anyone is expecting an RT score under 90% at this point for example.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Everyone for the most part at least accepts that TROS is likely to be a very well reviewed likely well liked GA audience pleaser as that is what JJ excels at.

It's going to have an 92% RT score with an A Cinema Score so legions of people will scream bloody murder about how the movie isn't divisive and is actually universally loved.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Everyone for the most part at least accepts that TROS is likely to be a very well reviewed likely well liked GA audience pleaser as that is what JJ excels at. Fanboy meltdowns will have nothing to do with that.

A well received and critically well performing movie can still have a terrible twist that turns people off. Like Rey Palpatine Skywalker.

Think Iron Man 3's Mandarin twist...but on steroids.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It's likely that the most argumentative posters/youtubers are already (or soon will) aware of the general gist of the leaks.
I'm genuinely far more curious about the general reaction, including film critics.

Also Disney's one.
I expect it to be very positive, even AOTC was recieved positively by general audiences with an A- cinemascore. JJ is a pretty consistent crowd pleaser, I expect early screening reviews from the blue checkmark Twitter geeks to be all about how it made them cry and it's the best of the trilogy and blah blah.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I'm actually predicting that it'll be in the high 80's.

I'm not sure how you can save Rey Palpatine and Ben Solo being dropped in a pit never to be seen again plus what seems to be a rushed redemption. Those will definitely hurt because I think plenty of critics did like Rey Nobody.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I expect it to be very positive, even AOTC was recieved positively by general audiences with an A- cinemascore. JJ is a pretty consistent crowd pleaser, I expect early screening reviews from the blue checkmark Twitter geeks to be all about how it made them cry and it's the best of the trilogy and blah blah.

oh Christ I didn't even think of the early social media reactions.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Why do we all put stock in twitter impressions again? Even BvS' and SS' were generally positive, as the DCEU fanboys rubbed in everyone's faces before the ACTUAL reviews started to come in...

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why do we all put stock in twitter impressions again? Even BvS' and SS' were generally positive...

It's always confirmation bias. If they say it sucks, those who are generally down on the ST will parade them around as if they were the ultimate proof they were right all along.

If they're glowing reactions, then those who claim TLJ is not a divisive film and its universally loved will do the same.

It's pointless.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter impressions are always positives. Reviews not so much with the DCEU.

However critics have so far loved the ST and JJ Abrams movies consistently review very strongly even movies like Star Trek Into Darkness.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017

I can't disagree with any of that, the movie will do extremely well. However I feel like the amount of SW threads have been increasing at a frightening rate, and we're in for a show one way or another.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still unsure whether I am sad or glad I am going to miss it all. I see TROS opening night Thursday the 19th and then hop on a plane to Hawaii with my wife the very next morning and am off the grid till after New Years.

I am going to miss it all, the good and the bad.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I'm actually predicting that it'll be in the high 80's.

I'm not sure how you can save Rey Palpatine and Ben Solo being dropped in a pit never to be seen again plus what seems to be a rushed redemption. Those will definitely hurt because I think plenty of critics did like Rey Nobody.

If it is truly this bad, I want this film's RT score to fucking crash and burn. The critics keep giving JJ a break for some reason, and it sucks ass. I will never forgive them for leading me to believe Star Trek: Into Darkness was a worthy followup to the first film (if not quite as good). Wasted 15 dollars on an IMAX ticket for that shit.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
rewatching revenge of the sith and jesus does hayden nail his role as a lost confused jedi. He played it perfectly and just embraced pure evil in the end........i loved RotS so much. Outside of the whirling move of course in the final fight......they fucking nailed the chorography and epicness between master and padawan.

I also think obi-wan uses more force powers in the first 20 minutes of the movie then we have had the entire sequel movies combined lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
If it is truly this bad, I want this film's RT score to fucking crash and burn. The critics keep giving JJ a break for some reason, and it sucks ass. I will never forgive them for leading me to believe Star Trek: Into Darkness was a worthy followup to the first film (if not quite as good). Wasted 15 dollars on an IMAX ticket for that shit.

GOT consistently got to the 90's/late 80's post season 4 even though it kept going downhill

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I really don't think that would get in the way if JJ wanted Snoke to be a Plagueis Clone.

It is a Lucas idea that he being a Munn.

Yeah. I'm not down with that. VB's should just be about the BTS stuff. As i said before you fail if you need that stuff.

As for novelisations. That's not true. (With the exception of RJ, who said that about TLJ's novel)

TLJ and Solo novel release after movies launch a few months.
Story Group wants to make sure it will not contradict. that why it calls "expanded edition"

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I heard about the script leak on eBay. Did that shit get shut down and seized? How different was the shooting script compared to what we know leaked?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe that only 4 years ago, the DCEU was seen as a potentially seriously competitor to the MCU instead of the joke it is now.

It feels like decades ago sometimes...
I remember when I saw Batman and Superman in World's Finest, it was one of the greatest days of my childhood. Today's kids deserved that moment.

and Zack Snyder took it from them

Status
Not open for further replies.