• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So are they gonna redo the he fights Darth Maul scene there?

no clue....because it can't be him secluded to tatooine that would be boring. I'm hoping for a neeson return and doing a prequel to the movies......but thats also no fun because there is no sith at the present time.

Going to be interesting. After watching revenge of the sith......Hayden wasn't the issue....he fucking nailed anakin/young vader.

edit: ok apparently it is in between RotS and A new hope

interesting

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
no clue....because it can't be him secluded to tatooine that would be boring. I'm hoping for a neeson return and doing a prequel to the movies......but thats also no fun because there is no sith at the present time.

Going to be interesting. After watching revenge of the sith......Hayden wasn't the issue....he fucking nailed anakin/young vader.

I think Obi-Wan killing Maul happened in the old EU

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

edit: ok apparently it is in between RotS and A new hope

interesting

Apparently in the Disney+ series :

Premise rumours for the Obiwan series
Obiwan is suffering from PTSD, Depression, etc following Revenge of the Sith

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

I could see that, just finished my favorite prequel movie. Shit hits hard...."you were my brother Anakin, I loved you" so many good quotes from that movie that just hit home.

God is revenge of the Sith a depressing master piece.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Obi being the equivalent of The Man With No Name, going around as a bit of a vagabond on Tatooine works. Starts out depressed, aimless, lost faith, no longer quite embracing the light side, sort of gray, as he sees the Empire rise all around. But he comes to the help of common folk along the way and regains his faith, hope and sense of purpose.

It's totally doable. But I bet they are really trying hard not to do a repeat of The Mandalorian with Obi meeting some orphan who ends up tagging along or some such.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
They need to do a episode where obi wan fights the Tusken raiders. He'll make asharad hett canon

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the scene of the Snoke clones is really creepy, I like the concept of it. Man JJ is really hyping Sheev between that and the force storm that fucks up the Rebel fleet, some force unleashed shit going there.

As for the questions it raises:
Why does Snoke look like an ancient old man? Who is he based on?
Is Snoke his own person or was Sheev using him as a meat puppet?
If Snoke is his own person than this opens up the potential to clone force sensitives, I remember Legends had it so this was impossible or the clones would go crazy.

I expect to be reading a comic with all these answers eventually.

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the scene of the Snoke clones is really creepy, I like the concept of it. Man JJ is really hyping Sheev between that and the force storm that fucks up the Rebel fleet, some force unleashed shit going there.

As for the questions it raises:
Why does Snoke look like an ancient old man? Who is he based on?
Is Snoke his own person or was Sheev using him as a meat puppet?
If Snoke is his own person than this opens up the potential to clone force sensitives, I remember Legends had it so this was impossible or the clones would go crazy?

I expect to be reading a comic with all these answers eventually.

well we might get our answers in the mandalorian. The scientist that was killed who said he was trying to "save" the yoddling had the komino clone logo on his outfit. rumors are saying the yoddling is a clone. Which there might be some nasty side effect for force users being cloned.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obi Wan series really should take place exclusively on Tatooine. That's the whole point of his self imposed exile to watch over Luke etc. If he's off galivanting around the galaxy for whatever reason it diminishes the punishment he inflicts on himself in the hope of a brighter future. There are plenty of ways for Obi Wan to get his crazy hermit persona etc. Its not like this is going to be a 60-70 episode series anyways.

Dec 12, 2017
Isn't it most likely that it'll be about Detective Kenobi tracking down the informant/crime syndicates on Tatooine with details of Luke's whereabouts.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't it most likely that it'll be about Detective Kenobi tracking down the informant/crime syndicates on Tatooine with details of Luke's whereabouts.

he did say he was going to watch over him.....wouldn't doubt if their is bounties eventually placed on force users and he has to protect luke from the shadows.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Obi-Wan won't be staying on Tatooine. Doesn't really make sense for him to stay and just draw attention to himself and Luke all the time.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Basically says the Ben thrown into abyss thing isn't exactly accurate. That Ben willfully scarifies himself and allows Palpatine to toss him to save Rey and distract Palps.

Says he hears it was tweaked in the reshoots to make Kylo's death more of a self-sacrifice, a sacrifice out of love for Rey.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo's life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I'm told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to "rise" and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an "X" with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious' lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo's selfless sacrifice
Ben's last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben's compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo's final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Basically says the Ben thrown into abyss thing isn't exactly accurate. That Ben willfully scarifies himself and allows Palpatine to toss him to save Rey and distract Palps.

Says he hears it was tweaked in the reshoots to make Kylo's death more of a self-sacrifice, a sacrifice out of love for Rey.

That's better. Much better. It is still pretty bad to end Kylo that way but at least it's not embarrassingly awful.

Kylo should live to face what he did.

Oct 27, 2017
Besides Palpatine coming back (which is the worst part of this movie), the second-worst part is how he dies. I mean...Luke defeating the Emperor was great because he used the power of goodness to convert his father back. Luke literally defeated the entire Empire by throwing away his weapon. But now the Emperor is defeated...by something that he successfully survived in Ep III? It seems so pointless and arbitrary.

I far prefer the original rumours where Rey and Ben realized that the Emperor needed a force-user body to occupy (once his clone or host or whatever was killed), and they realize that only Ben is a suitable host since he leans to the dark side, so they both sacrifice him (Rey stabs him) to finally kill the Emperor. That would seem more fitting, stopping him through total sacrifice.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Ashoka and Ezra being voices in this is still wild to me.

Their shows are so much better than any of the sequel trilogy movies.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

This is exactly what it needs to be. About a man who's entire belief system and way of life collapsed into war, violence, and failure, and how he processes that.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka and Ezra being voices in this is still wild to me.
I love that Filoni who has clearly had a difficult time being willing to kill off Ahsoka has now lead to in JJ confirming she is dead as of 35 ABY lol.

Same with Ezra too, he was the same age as Luke so guess he had some rough adventures if he finds himself dead by the time of the ST.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that Filoni who has clearly had a difficult time being willing to kill off Ahsoka has now lead to in JJ confirming she is dead as of 35 ABY lol.

Same with Ezra too, he was the same age as Luke so guess he had some rough adventures if he finds himself dead by the time of the ST.

Definitely not confirmation that either of them are dead. You can communicate to people via the Force while alive. We've seen Luke, Leia, and Vader all do it.

With that being said, Ahsoka would be 71 in TROS, so her being dead by that point is not the weirdest thing and is easy to work around whenever they decide to finally have her die.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't mind Ahsoka being dead. I mean she's nearly twenty years older than Luke and lived through both the Clone Wars and the Rebellion. Even she needs to rest, y'know? I quite like the idea that she helped Sabine find Ezra and then passed away peacefully, knowing the galaxy is in safe hands and finally at peace.

Ezra is a bit weird, though. He should be around Luke's age or a few years older and the only way he's dead is if someone killed him. Maybe he was helping Luke teach the next generation of Jedi and died when Ben tore the place down.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Oh man if they really do that "I love y-" "I know" thing with Ben and Han:

source.gif

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll always be IN for anything Filoni does in the Star Wars Universe.

Do we even know what his next project is? I'm really hoping it's set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. They could show us Luke and the gang battling remnants and holdouts from the Empire, rebuilding the Republic and the Jedi Order, finding students to teach the ways of the Jedi, maybe bring Thrawn back and whatever Inquisitors survived the end of the Empire. There's a lot of potential there to give us the sequel to the original trilogy we actually want.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reylo was just a meme.
Not in the slightest, Reylo is very serious and has a lot of devoted fans, in particular young women fans. A quick search on Twitter for TROS keyboards brings back endless Reylo stuff. More than most other content. These girls aren't in it for the memes.

TROS related hashtags on Instragram is almost entirely dominated by women fans posting Reylo stuff.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Not in the slightest, Reylo is very serious and has a lot of devoted fans, in particular young women fans. A quick search on Twitter for TROS keyboards brings back endless Reylo stuff. More than most other content. These girls aren't in it for the memes.

TROS related hashtags on Instragram is almost entirely dominated by women fans posting Reylo stuff.
Because it's a meme.
Nobody wants seriously a love relationship between Rey and a mass murderer. It was always completely idiotic.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's a meme.
Nobody wants seriously a love relationship between Rey and a mass murderer. It was always completely idiotic.
It's not a meme at all. They do seriously want it. It's not a joke. There is a VERY large segment of fandom, that is almost entirely women under 30, that seriously and passionately ship Rey and Kylo.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Reylo is an extremely toxic idea.

If they do frame it as "this is real love" thing...well...let's just say I will consider it as bad as this:

238.jpg

Kylo's sacrifice should spell out "I am so sorry for what I did to you" not "I love you" he has no right to even look at her

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a meme Kaah. These girls are dead serious about Reylo. And they are *everywhere* on social media. In particular Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.