• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
Fuck @ Reylo being real. Icing on the cake.

Hope its a true death. Less we'll go through years of speculation based solely on bringing him back to fuck Rey. But that may be what Disney wants to keep interest.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
It's not a meme at all. They do seriously want it. It's not a joke. There is a VERY large segment of fandom, that is almost entirely women under 30, that seriously and passionately ship Rey and Kylo.
Well they're just weirdos then (yikes at those tweets), because the Reylo stuff really needs to stay a meme.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Anyone who thinks "Reylo is just a meme" must be living in the bubbliest of bubbles...

But yeah, this whole "reflecting the lightning back at the Emperor" thing sounds cack-handed beyond belief.

Much like everything else about Palpatine in IX.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
i really wish a rejuvenated emperor would have led to a light saber duel.....but nope, its just a bunch of lightning, words and a quick death.

Jesus its like watching a harry potter duel locked and they spend 10 minutes talking tragedy before harry's parents come in and blast away voldemort................oh shit wait i think that actually happened in movie 4 lol.

I give you rey vs palpatine

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh. The Emperor clearly states in Jedi that he has no interest in lightsabers and that they are a "Jedi weapon". Why Lucas felt the need to force that shit into the PT is beyond me.

The Emperor using a lightsaber is like the devil opening that cupboard in the Exorcist. He should be above using weapons.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. The Emperor clearly states in Jedi that he has no interest in lightsabers and that they are a "Jedi weapon". Why Lucas felt the need to force that shit into the PT is beyond me.

The Emperor using a lightsaber is like the devil opening that cupboard in the Exorcist. He should be above using weapons.

which is always funny, because the sith invented the modern lightsaber.

Pretty sure it was solely the emperor who hated the saber though, his ability to manipulate and use people was his weapon. Hence why he tells luke hes unarmed and sure enough vader instantly blocks his move.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a pretty stark difference between "you're a nobody, you're special because you're you" (an actual good lesson to teach children, in fact!) and "you're the granddaughter of the most powerful villain the galaxy has seen in centuries and you're powerful entirely because you came from him".

YUP. Fucking dumb.

Do we believe that this movie will begin with a flashback though? That seems...odd.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It's still a billion times better than Kylo simply getting yeet'd.

Hopefully the Force ghosts are added back in

Basically says the Ben thrown into abyss thing isn't exactly accurate. That Ben willfully scarifies himself and allows Palpatine to toss him to save Rey and distract Palps.

Says he hears it was tweaked in the reshoots to make Kylo's death more of a self-sacrifice, a sacrifice out of love for Rey.

This sounds just as bad tbh if not worse

Not only is Kylo Ren just a worse Darth Vader but they might actually frame his love for Rey as real love. It's more possessive than it is anything else and shouldn't really be validated.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If Palpatine / plaguis could create anakin through the force

And yoda used force weather modification as a force ghost

Kylo could speak to day as s ghost and they could have force ghost relations

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced the film actually indicates Kylo feels love for Rey and this isn't just Ward editorializing. That's kind of his thing, every time a terrible new rumor about TROS comes out he has to spin it as a good thing for the movie or the franchise.

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
I loved the old leak that it would begin with young Luke and Leia, but I guess that's not happening any more.

Post-ROTJ Luke and Leia training, flashback of Han, Leia and Luke all together and all the force ghosts showing up at the end sounded good to me. Too bad either none of it was real to begin with or they removed the footage from the final cut. And I would honestly take a Kylo/Rey romance (no matter how wrong it is) over Kylo, the last in the Skywalker bloodline, just falling down a hole "never to be seen again".

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a hardcore Catradora stan and general fan of "enemies-to-lovers" tropes so I can't really comment on the morality of Reylo

Jul 5, 2019
"If a boy is a mean bully who lashes out at you and everyone else to a point where he has literally murdered several people who are important to you, that actually means he LOVES you," is such a horrible message to send to young girls, good lord. If this Reylo nonsense is true than good riddance, somehow this movie will be an even bigger trainwreck than we thought.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
"If a boy is a mean bully who lashes out at you and everyone else to a point where he has literally murdered several people who are important to you, that actually means he LOVES you," is such a horrible message to send to young girls, good lord. If this Reylo nonsense is true than good riddance, somehow this movie will be an even bigger trainwreck than we thought.

I mean that's exactly how Anakin gets Padmé. He murders women and children and she's okay with it.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
The whole thing sounds like Abrams trying to play the female empowerment card...without the slightest idea of how to actually play it.

Jul 5, 2019
I mean that's exactly how Anakin gets Padmé. He murders women and children and she's okay with it.
That's literally supposed to be an unhealthy relationship because Anakin eventually becomes a space tyrant, lol. I don't think we should have parallels between that and the endgame romance of the Skywalker saga between a genuinely good person and another space tyrant.

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Hey guys, I heard you're talking spoi...

*sees Reylo talk*

spongebob.jpg

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's literally supposed to be an unhealthy relationship because Anakin eventually becomes a space tyrant, lol. I don't think we should have parallels between that and the endgame romance of the Skywalker saga between a genuinely good person and another space tyrant.

I mean, WE correctly see Anakin and Padme's relationship as unhealthy, but its clear that Lucas intended it to be a tragic romance in which the relationship was great before Anakin went evil.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's the force power that Palpy uses to knock up these hapless ladies? is it like 'force push' and 'force choke' but it's like 'force ghost cum' or something?

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
After TFA I thought Reylo's were out of their minds. I didn't see it at all. Then TLJ basically made it the canon ship of the sequel trilogy, since they were the only two main characters interacting. By now I don't care any more.

Also, I was on board with Buffy-Spike back then so it's not like I have the high ground here.

Post-ROTJ Luke and Leia training, flashback of Han, Leia and Luke all together and all the force ghosts showing up at the end sounded good to me. Too bad either none of it was real to begin with or they removed the footage from the final cut. And I would honestly take a Kylo/Rey romance (no matter how wrong it is) over Kylo, the last in the Skywalker bloodline, just falling down a hole "never to be seen again".

Yea, me too. Going full anime with the force ghosts would have been kinda awesome.

The latest leaks say that scene was moved, but it is still in the film. Just not as the opening anymore.

Oh I see. That would be something. Though it would have been one hell of an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.