• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Deep down, maybe we're all Reylo shippers.

Search your feelings you know it to be true.

Also Ben going out like that still sounds like a cop out to me. Hopefully the acting talent of Ridley and Driver can carry this film.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I am still butthurt over the shitty voice clips.

I just wanted to SEE them =( .

Also if Ben is "killed" by being pushed off instead of being drained, there's a very good chance he is 100% not dead.

The track record of "powerful force user falling off a ledge" isn't exactly what it should be ;p .

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am still butthurt over the shitty voice clips.

I just wanted to SEE them =( .

Also if Ben is "killed" by being pushed off instead of being drained, there's a very good chance he is 100% not dead.

The track record of "powerful force user falling off a ledge" isn't exactly what it should be ;p .

Mace never came back though, he went out like a punk.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They clearly were just using the ancient Jedi defense technique known as "Standing there and letting your opponent kill you."

Works every time!

fJJt4T.gif

Really does

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I wonder why they didnt use super speed effefta on palpatine in his fight

Or in general exept that one time in phantom menace

Imagine if we see a tight between a jedi and sith then it cuts to a normal persons perspective and the fight is really fast and blurry to a normal person

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm praying every day that this is all made up. I was SO excited for TFA and TLJ and loved the experience of seeing both unspoiled.

I went full spoilers on this one ever since the title and palpatine reveal. 0 interest in a retcon fan fic fest written by Mr Martha and all my fears have been confirmed. This movie sounds fucking awful

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Like you mean to tell me Han and Lando never hung out?

According to the spoilers "After having failed to protect his child from the First
Order, Lando and Luke parted ways and he stayed on Passana ever since."

So if his kid is Jannah (as the spoilers say) then he has been there alone for about 20 years. I guess they could have hung out during the 10 years following ROTJ. My point is that they made Lando's post-ROTJ existence miserable as well.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
According to the spoilers "After having failed to protect his child from the First
Order, Lando and Luke parted ways and he stayed on Passana ever since."

So if his kid is Jannah (as the spoilers say) then he has been there alone for about 20 years. I guess they could have hung out during the 10 years following ROTJ. My point is that they made Lando's post-ROTJ existence miserable as well.
Would it have killed them to have let one of the OT have a happy life?

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Would it have killed them to have let one of the OT have a happy life?

Perhaps my biggest frustration with this new trilogy. At least the old EU had better stuff with our characters post ROTJ. Hell there was an actual working New Republic. Sure the Old EU had some terrible villian of the week baddies that the New Republic faced off but dammit, I feel like you could have done things differently. The Disney Team that JJ helped create this new universe really screwed the pooch with New Republic canon. I still wished we could have done a badass alternate version of The Thrawn Trilogy. That would have been so dope.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps my biggest frustration with this new trilogy. At least the old EU had better stuff with our characters post ROTJ. Hell there was an actual working New Republic. Sure the Old EU had some terrible villian of the week baddies that the New Republic faced off but dammit, I feel like you could have done things differently. The Disney Team that JJ helped create this new universe really screwed the pooch with New Republic canon. I still wished we could have done a badass alternate version of The Thrawn Trilogy. That would have been so dope.
I think Disney made a mistake chucking out most of the old EU

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of Anakin is still the one thing that really bothers me about the leaks. Even more bizarre if Kylo is still fixated on the Vader mask.

Wf8tK6X_lPH8nQUbCZzZFGKrqg_3xWFUmSFiuNPGCkM.jpg

And do we not have any news on a scene of force ghost Luke with Ben? That would also be a bizarre omission.

ex2y4bqhplc11.jpg

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of Anakin is still the one thing that really bothers me about the leaks. Even more bizarre if Kylo is still fixated on the Vader mask.

And do we not have any news on a scene of force ghost Luke with Ben? That would also be a bizarre omission.
Sequel trilogy been shitting on old characters this whole time and your bothered now? Anakin doesn't matter no more he failed and died for nothing. Rey is the chosen one and the prophecy was about her. Skywalker failed miserably and last one left alive now dies like a chump.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Sequel trilogy been shitting on old characters this whole time and your bothered now? Anakin doesn't matter no more he failed and died for nothing. Rey is the chosen one and the prophecy was about her. Skywalker failed miserably and last one left alive now dies like a chump.

It took a few seconds to register that Anakin died for naught.

My weak brain apparently still needs to digest the idiocy that will be episode 9 lol

I hope we get a flashback that starts at Palpatine falling. Surviving it. Getting off the death star. And then deciding what to do next

Start this movie like Two Towers

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Honestly the whole idea that in order to make people care about your new characters, you gotta tear the old beloved ones down, is a serious a stupid notion. Honestly insulting. All in the name of marketing. Seriously at this point, I would have preferred crowd pleasing stuff and all OT characters having happy endings and we could have still cared the new characters the same. Oh and Luke sacrificing himself in Episode 9. That would have been nice.

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019

ex2y4bqhplc11.jpg

Luke or even Anakin appearing to Ben instead of Han makes so much more sense. It's also a real shame that Ben and Leia won't share a single scene in the entire trilogy.

I hope we get a flashback that starts at Palpatine falling. Surviving it. Getting off the death star. And then deciding what to do next

Robot Chicken already did it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with what happened to the old characters. Han's death was suitably tragic. For me Luke ended on a perfect note. George intended for Han and Leia's son to turn to the dark side and for Luke to become a hermit. The main thing for me here is Anakin should be more involved in the final fight against Sidious, and not having him as a Force ghost just doesn't sense.

While he was falling through space he found the Skywalker lightsaber floating around and he planted it for his granddaughter

This design.......it hurts to look at.
Looks great to me

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
How in the hell did they think it's okay to bring back Palpatine after his fall to his supposed death and then kill off Kylo by a fall to his death. It's gonna be the lack of common sense in the writing more than anything that's gonna irritate me most

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
It's a real shame you didn't have the original trio (Luke, Leia, and Han) all on one screen. That's like so crowd pleasing almost Avengers type bait. But the fact that it took them 3 movies to finally get the new trio (Finn, Rey, Poe) is so mind boggling. They all had good chemistry together off screen that it seems so frustrating to have seperate them until now.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are misunderstanding the midichlorians thing.

It was still completely arbitrary. So it changes nothing for the Force ...

What's Snoke's lineage ?

Poe's lineage ? What's that you say ? Nothing. Ok then.

And like I said, Obiwan defeated Anakin, and he's a total nobody.

Dooku also defeated Anakin, and he was also a nobody.

What's your point ?

Rey being a nobody that happens to surpass the Skywalker heir that trained his entire life in 2 days is garbage.

Period.

But that's.... the point. He was a nobody that ended up having some of the most impressive feat in all of Star Wars.

So Rey being a nobody adds literally nothing new.
Isn't every sith or Jedi practically a nobody? They're just random people who happened to be force sensitive and joined one or the other religion.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love that Filoni who has clearly had a difficult time being willing to kill off Ahsoka has now lead to in JJ confirming she is dead as of 35 ABY lol.

Same with Ezra too, he was the same age as Luke so guess he had some rough adventures if he finds himself dead by the time of the ST.
WHOA WHOA it's confirmed Ahsoka is dead now and will be whispering in this movie?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm fine with what happened to the old characters. Han's death was suitably tragic. For me Luke ended on a perfect note. George intended for Han and Leia's son to turn to the dark side and for Luke to become a hermit. The main thing for me here is Anakin should be more involved in the final fight against Sidious, and not having him as a Force ghost just doesn't sense.

There comes a point in time where it stops being impactful and starts being annoying when each succeeding movie is telling you that your childhood heroes are a bunch of losers that amounted to nothing.

Leia dies of old age in her mid-50's and her only son gets thrown off into a pit right afterwards. The Republic she fought all her life to restore isn't restored by the time she dies.

Han gets off'd by his son. He was a failure of a father.

Luke failed as an uncle, a mentor and a Jedi. He didn't build or restore anything with his life. At most, a vague concept like hope.

Lando became a miserable man after his daughter was kidnapped and stayed his whole life on a desert planet.

C3PO is going to have his mind wiped.

WHOA WHOA it's confirmed Ahsoka is dead now and will be whispering in this movie?

They ran out of OT characters to kill and now they're coming for the characters in the shows too.

Last edited:

rb1121

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Chicago
I don't know if you were around for the one-two punch that was Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad, but this movie is shaping to top both of them combined in batshit...

Every single constituency is going to lose their mind when this movie drops.

TLJ stans will hate the retcon.

TLJ haters gonna hate the snoke explanation and a bunch of other stuff

The Mary Sue complaints will only increase

Prequel memers will complain about no annakin

OT fans will lose it because Luke's success in ROTJ was for nothing.

GET YO POPCAWN READY

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Every single constituency is going to lose their mind when this movie drops.

TLJ stans will hate the retcon.

TLJ haters gonna hate the snoke explanation and a bunch of other stuff

The Mary Sue complaints will only increase

Prequel memers will complain about no annakin

OT fans will lose it because Luke's success in ROTJ was for nothing.

GET YO POPCAWN READY
Hitting none of the targets by trying to hit too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.