• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The nostalgia I have for this game on N64 is unreal. I will download this just for the sound effects

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Rerelease all the old star wars games then thanks.

Podracing was tons of fun on 64.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I played this again on PC for about 30 minutes when I got a free month of Origin Access and that about satiated my desire for Star Wars Racer. Enjoyed it a lot on N64 as a kid though!

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Wish they'd done some work to spruce up the visuals. Should still be a blast to play, but those screens look rough.

This game and ready 2 rumble round 2 were my mainstays on Dreamcast.

russbus64

May 1, 2018

Is it me or do the ground textures look off?

Also, I have to say I'm disappointed (but not really surprised) by the lack of an Xbox port. I know some games are already available via BC (or could in the future), the lack of an Xbox port on some of these titles really stings.

Here's hoping that unlike the GOG/Steam release, I don't have to launch it a dozen times so it gets past the initial loading screen without crashing.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange it looks like there's no texture filtering on those screenshots, are they based on the software renderer of the PC version or something? iirc, all the platforms the original launched on should've had bilinear filtering at least.

I guess it doesn't matter too much, hopefully it's just an early build being weird.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's strange it looks like there's no texture filtering on those screenshots, are they based on the software renderer of the PC version or something? iirc, all the platforms the original launched on should've had bilinear filtering at least.

I guess it doesn't matter too much, hopefully it's just an early build being weird.
Agree! I was thinking the same, I hope it will present as option like in doom 64.
Unfortunately no online multiplayer but still good news, for 10ÂŁ I will take it!

Nov 2, 2017
Megaton. Game holds up on PC.

I would think the PC version is getting release on Switch and not the lesser N64 version.
My brother and I played the PC version a lot over LAN. I played single player the most on the N64.

Maybe stated elsewhere but I believe the PC version includes cinematic scenes between races, etc., whereas the N64 was stripped of that and was just "in-game" ... is that correct?

Quick aside: PS2 game is underrated; I suppose it had too tough of an act to follow but I still enjoyed it.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
RL2NIER_d.jpg

People said this direct was disappointing can you imagine?
The only reason I'm not gonna get this day 1 is I already have it by way of GOG so I don't need it. But I will probably get it for the local co-op options

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Wait is this like a remaster or a really basic port? OP doesn't say and just shows screen grabs of the original... and it obviously looks like wank. Gimme this with modern enough graphics, give it a PSVR mode... I never played this but it sounds like it was really good, and I love racing games and the pod race sequence from the film!

Edit: Just checked out the link... what?! They haven't even sharpened up the UI.. why is everyone going nuts. This is barebones. Surely they could've spruced up the graphics at least a little. At least have tried...

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they didn't turn on texture filtering. Or even filter the UI. I think the game is old/early-3D enough that it's an aesthetic choice and I actually don't mind it, but it's kind of weird and maybe speaks to the quality of the port.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, I bought this on GOG and it will not launch for whatever reason. I'll grab a copy on Switch.