• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
21f893cfee38e15ee385d4c75fbeb54d439c774bffe5716882b4de43328cb7ad_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

Now this is podracing.

The '90s classic Star Wars Episode I Racer is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls, Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr announced today. A beloved racing title based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode I Racer puts you behind the controls of your favorite podracers as you speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line. Features include:

• 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
  • Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
  • Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
  • Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
  • Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
star-wars-racer-gameplay-04-1024x574.jpg

star-wars-racer-gameplay-01-1024x574.jpg

Last edited:

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This was my personal megaton.

It was a megaton when they put it on GOG as well but I'd rather play it on a console and handheld.

Classic game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So hyped, all time fave... but will we get racers revenge too? Also I wonder if this means Factor V is working on rogue squadron trilogy again....

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im a little confused with the versions of this game. The Nintendo 64 one is the same than the one on pc? And the dreamcast one is based on the arcade game made by SEGA

Also, isn't there a pseudo remake/sequel for the PS2?

Which version are we getting on the Switch?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im a little confused with the versions of this game. The Nintendo 64 one is the same than the one on pc? And the dreamcast one is based on the arcade game made by SEGA

Correct - I believe Switch is going to be the PC version. The PS2 sequel is available for PS4 too.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
we are talking the N64 and PC one correct? The one that actually had the good campaign where you upgraded your pods

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Next to Duel of the Fates and Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan, this game was the best thing to come out of the prequels.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this when I played it back then when it was released on PC, and still loved it when GOG released it for modern OS. Will buy it again.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
I would kill for kotr collection n rogue squadron. Hoping with all the star wars games coming that these are likely

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda the best announcement, love this game.
Judging by there other games it will most likely be based on the PC version?
Did the N64 version have splitscreen?

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Day freakin one for me i was having a discussion about pod racer i loved and played the sh*t out of it on n64 with my mates

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Played the shit out of this while stuck at Sears. Great game, hope it hits everything

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I used to play this all the time on the N64...totally in!

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Ohhhhhh boy, this brings back some memories - although I'm not going to lie, it's mostly Watto humming the Mos Eisley Cantina song at the end of a race.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. Actually told my dad about this, this and Diddy Kong Racing were the last games he got into.

May 5, 2018
Megaton. Game holds up on PC.

I would think the PC version is getting release on Switch and not the lesser N64 version.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dreamcast game is the same AFAIK. Just with better resolution and framerate