• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Most laughable part for me was Leia giving birth and then running around with a lightsaber literally a day or two later.

reminds me of the supercharged gestation cycle in alien covenant where after the facehugger implants the alien it comes out and is fully grown in like 10 minutes

EDIT: oh, i thought you were talking about the kids running around with lightsabers lmao

EDIT: i wasted my 10,000th post on this shit, jesus

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
There was never any indication that any member of the Knights of Ren, outside of Kylo, was a force sensitive.
It turns out Palpatine was pulling a Revolver Ocelot and the entire events of the PT, OT, and ST were actually engineered by him to create a scenario where Rey could bring balance to the Force. He was actually a good guy the whole time.
Episode 10 will make the vong canon

And Palpatine wanting to save the galaxy from them canon.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
reminds me of the supercharged gestation cycle in alien covenant where after the facehugger implants the alien it comes out and is fully grown in like 10 minutes

EDIT: oh, i thought you were talking about the kids running around with lightsabers lmao

EDIT: i wasted my 10,000th post on this shit, jesus

No no, about a woman who just gave birth running around in battle conditions less than a week later. I don't care how much force connection she has. :p

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Depending on how this movie plays its cards, it may definitely have to make the PT required viewing lol
SW films usually focus on three locations, one per act (Tatooine, the Death Star, Yavin / Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin etc), so I'm expecting this one to use Jakku (ST rep), Endor (OT rep) and another, PT world.

Plenty of kids grew up with the prequels, it'd be silly to just ignore them. Wouldn't be surprised if Duel of the Fates gets in there somehow, too.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Palpatine hanging off a Senate pod and laughing like an idiot is the best moment in the saga.

It's the only moment during the prequels that I wasn't completely miserable, though that's partially because prequel Yoda was such a prick and it brought me joy to see him get stunted on.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just hit me if they go with Palps survived ROTJ and has been plotting in the Unknown Regions route rather than revived from dead route it makes a lot of sense he'd wait for Luke to die before revealing himself.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
"No one's ever really gone" is said by Luke to Leia in TLJ before he gives the dice to Leia and after she says she knows her son is gone.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I really hope they go a different direction with the protagonist in the next trilogy. Luke and Rey both come off goofy to me.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread:
rich_chocolate_palpatine_by_edsketch.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I like to think that they wheel Ian McDiarmid onto set on one of those Hannibal Lecter upright gurneys, then they get everyone in their places, the crew takes cover, and right as the director shouts 'ACTION' they let him out of his fetters and he just SHEEVS IT UP. Just 400% Sheev all over the set.

Then when they've got the footage they need they bring in the team of wranglers to calm him down and tie him up again.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plagueis is mentioned in ROTS too. But he didn't create Anakin. Sheev did.

I'm a fairly large SW nerd and I have never seen it mentioned anywhere that Palps created Anakin. Plagueis is the one who did it in the novel and the novel is canon.
kCI7Vwq.jpg

I swear this is the same kind of clothing as the Knights of Ren. The leaked poster we weren't meant to see even shows them wielding pretty archaic weapons, so an axe isn't out of the question. Maybe the Knights of Ren have their own followers now or is Ben actually fighting his former comrades?

first thing I thought when I saw it too... maybe they betray him for a new master... (Palpatine?)

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw someone say it was a Knights of Ren on Twitter so I instantly brought up the concept art of all of them:

OAazEcl.jpg

It's not any of the Rens we've seen, also, you can see another guy that's dressed exactly like the guy Kylo kills.

0sk2vHA.jpg

Wonder if the designs slightly changed from then until now. I know nothing about them yet I think they're so cool...makes me think they'll get dusted like all the cool mystery characters in the entire franchise...except for Bossk...nobody fucks with Bossk.

Oct 28, 2017
Does this mean thw Fox Fanfare can be used again in the opening?

God I missed that even if it does not say the FOX logo on screen.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fuck is happening here, can someone summarize this

Vader found a doorway into a realm beyond space and time where he thought he could resurrect Padme. Inside he encountered a bunch of crazy visions, such as old Sheev here clutching his mom. The demon looking guy is a representation of Vader.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
I just think the Emperor laugh is just a misdirection and the Emperor is another vision, perhaps assisted by Luke Skywalker (if Rey sees it) or through some weird vision that Kylo Ren manifests.

It would be incredibly disappointing if the Emperor returned — even as a clone or some shit like that.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just think the Emperor laugh is just a misdirection and the Emperor is another vision, perhaps assisted by Luke Skywalker (if Rey sees it) or through some weird vision that Kylo Ren manifests.

It would be incredibly disappointing if the Emperor returned — even as a clone or some shit like that.

I have a feeling that's exactly what it is.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
the fuck is happening here, can someone summarize this
Once again, those panels are taken out of context. Sheev is represented as the evil influence over Anakin from a young age in contrast to Obi Wan who also shows up in the issue and flat out says he's Anakin's father and proceeds to fight Sheev with Sheev winning.(symbolizing the dark side consuming Anakin)

The issue is a crazy force fever dream, its not meant to be taken literally outside of a few visions of the future. Even then Shmi already had her mysterious virgin pregnancy before Sheev shows up in the issue.

In short nothing has changed in terms of the truth behind Anakin's conception since ROTS.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Vader found a doorway into a realm beyond space and time where he thought he could resurrect Padme. Inside he encountered a bunch of crazy visions, such as old Sheev here clutching his mom. The demon looking guy is a representation of Vader.
Honestly, this is the kind of weird shit I really dig about the current EU that I hope bleeds into the movies more. Reminds me of the mirror cave, but turned up to 11. Give me all the weird shit

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who hasn't seen it, from an earlier ROTS draft:

On Coruscant, PALPATINE completes his seduction of ANAKIN, who at first refuses to go over to the dark side-- until the Chancellor makes a startling confession:

DARTH SIDIOUS: I have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny... I arranged for your conception. I used the power of the Force to will the midichlorians to start the cell divisions that created you.

ANAKIN: I don't believe you.

DARTH SIDIOUS: Ahhh, but you know it's true. When you clear your mind, you will sense the truth. you could almost think of me as your father.

ANAKIN: That's impossible!

DARTH SIDIOUS: Nevertheless, you must decide.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

My money is on an old holocron recording. But could be wrong. I'd be okay with a ghost version of Palps.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Maaaaan, I'm so disappointed that Clone Wars has been taken off Netflix Canada. This is the perfect year to load it up with SW content.