• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but I don't care about Padme
tenor.gif

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we're gonna call him Ben then show a picture of Ben

EDPyL1rXoAE0Iwi

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I like the idea on a thematic level (read some crazy theories that Kylo and Rey's arc is a mirror/reversal of Anakin and Padme's arc, and even crazier that they are reincarnations of Anakin/Padme's spirits to finally let them unite in the Force), but uh Kylo does not deserve it

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep saying Kylo is a mass murderer? He was aiming at THE PLANETS.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
he's a mass murderer what the fuck
Someone in another TLJ thread said that people don't empathize with Kylo. And my only reaction is, "actually no, a disturbing amount of people empathize with the bad boy instead of the whole space nazi thing" The amount of times people on this forum have genuinely stated, "the story would've been more interesting if the Rey joined the space nazi" is really bad.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in another TLJ thread said that people don't empathize with Kylo. And my only reaction is, "actually no, a disturbing amount of people empathize with the bad boy instead of the whole space nazi thing" The amount of times people on this forum have genuinely stated, "the story would've been more interesting if the Rey joined the space nazi" is really bad.

It's terrifying, if you ask me. Audiences aren't supposed to empathize with Kylo, they're supposed to pity him.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
They were obviously attracted to each other for the same reason that in real life two young adults that age who are connected by the force would be. That and both of them are dissilusioned and thought that could mean they could work together, not romantically then at least they saw a possible strong emotional bond between each other.

But, basic attraction does not trump who someone is as a person, how they act and what they want to be. Kylo is a bad person, through and through, and commits his life to becoming worse.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
I ship it but only in a specific way where I never want them to actually get together. Like Jaime and Brienne, which should've remained an "in another life" tragic kinda thing. Rey is way too good for Kylo but there's definitely sexual tension there.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Kylo and his great aunt together? I dont think so, OP (Rey is Anakin's sister through time travel, hidden in the future as a backup plan if anakin failed to get the dark side to win, obviously).

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Padme literally died of a broken heart.
Dying of a broken heart is a thing. Had my grand uncle of mine just waste away and die a year to the day his wife died because he couldn't stand being in the world without her. He ate normally and did all his normal exercises but he just wasted away because he had given up

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_oy1gyqe4ex1qcd8syo1_400.jpg

UdsYJUS.gif

The lack of fan art in this thread is disturbing.

tenor.gif

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Dying of a broken heart is a thing. Had my grand uncle of mine just waste away and die a year to the day his wife died because he couldn't stand being in the world without her. He ate normally and did all his normal exercises but he just wasted away because he had given up
That's not literally dying of a broken heart. Stress can do all kinds of awful things and the body can stop functioning as it normally should especially for older people. Padme was a young and they specifically pointed out that everything was normal health wise.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let them fuck. I want episode 9 to end with the reveal that they are brother and sister and then in an ancient Jedi ritual, they fuck in the ruins of the Jedi temple, surrounded by the Jedi council force ghosts, while an Ewok suffering from mange plays "Across the Stars" on a piano, blindfolded.

I want Finn and Poe to fuck butt-naked on the sands on Jakku. As Finn inserts his penis into Poe, Poe bites his lips, violently clawing at the sand. Off in the distance, a jealous and hurt Rose quickly approaches on a speeder, determined to prove her love to Finn. She whispers "That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love." as she crashes her speeder into Finn and Poe, instantly killing all three of them.

Back on the Millennium Falcon, Lando finds a disk with L3's memory. He downloads it into a C3PO and L3 returns. L3C3PO tears off Lando's shirt as they fall to the floor of the Millennium Falcon, making hot, passionate robot human love.

I want this story to go down in history as the most legendary piece of art put to film.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not literally dying of a broken heart. Stress can do all kinds of awful things and the body can stop functioning as it normally should especially for older people. Padme was a young and they specifically pointed out that everything was normal health wise.
I once saw a documentary of a chimpanzee that died from a broken heart(it's mom died)🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.