• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The winner for stupid Change.org fan petition in 2017 slides in right at the finish...

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-petition/

Only adding to the outrage, a new petition has been made in an attempt to bring the film back to the light side. The petition, which can be found on Change.org created by Andre Gomes from Poland, demands that Rotten Tomatoes should be shut down because they have a flawed critics and audience aggregate rating system. According to Gomes, Rotten Tomatoes skews movie scores in favor of "Disney blockbuster movies," which include The Last Jedi, rather than non-Disney films. Because Gomes sees the site as "a very flawed aggregate rating and broken system," he's calling on others to sign his petition. As of this writing, the petition has little more than 250 signatures.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"As of this writing, the petition has little more than 250 signatures. However, in our excessive need to create clickbait outrage instead of legitimate journalism, we've decided to signal-boost this meaningless person's petition so that it will inevitably receive some more."

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
250 signatures, it hardly matters.

This is a blog post about some random petition.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Stupid people have stupid thing signal boosted by people looking for clicks.

What a horrible, horrible time to be alive.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Screenrant was and still is a mistake.

Been there a few times a year ago and got spoiled on like almost every major movie coming out lol they don't give a fuck. Also their whole site is built on clickbaity shit.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
It's moronic, for sure, but I do think the RT thing of aggregating just positive or negative reviews, versus like the more traditional gaming thing of Metacritic is really strange. Not that it would make much difference with TLJ though, critics loved it, they weren't just lukewarm enough to have it doing better than it would otherwise.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
People keep chalking all dislike of the movie up to to nitpicky superfans but I really doubt that.
-
Seems like these guys are going out of their way to make the fandom look bad by focusing on obscure stuff.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rick and Morty fans: We're going to make everyone out there regret ever enjoying this property.
Star Wars fans: Hold my lightsaber

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why? Could someone please explain why these "fans" are so pissed? I just don't get it.

Dec 12, 2017
"My significant other has moved in a different direction and I don't want anyone telling me how much they like that decision!"

Oct 26, 2017
Jeez. I thought Rogue One was a divisive movie. It doesn't even hold a candle. In fact, is there ANY movie more divisive than The Last Jedi?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
this same thing literally just happened because of suicide squad reviews

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/s...en-tomatoes-bad-reviews-shut-down-1201829631/

edit: wait, they want it shut down because its getting GOOD reviews!?

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog_zps89khyuh7.gif~c200

Oct 25, 2017
Just when you think they couldn't get any more pathetic.

This is why you don't allow your hobbies or interests become your defining characteristic in life.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the movie as an actual film. There's a reason why critics liked it. Has nothing to do with Disney bias. Those who dislike the film tend to have very different motivations than actual critics.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do people not realize all RT does is collect and aggregate reviews that already exist online? Even if RT wasn't around, those reviews would still exist.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that certain sections of fanbases will do anything to drive off "normies" from their sacred properties, even if it means looking like complete idiots.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, the people doing this shit are not "Star Wars fans." They hate the sequel films, they hate the prequels, they hate the comics and novels and TV shows, they hate the Special Editions, they hate the old EU. In order to be a "fan" of something, you have to actually like some aspect of it.

The people behind all these petitions and outrage are not fans of Star Wars, they're fans of different films who are angry that their dumb, dark, gritty superhero garbage has been profoundly rejected by critics and audiences and are desperately looking for some conspiratorial explanation for why that is.

It's not Star Wars fans. It's DCEU fans.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
They dont sound like Star Wars fans to me. But conspiracy theorists who happen to like Star Wars at some point in the past.

Most SW fans are pretty understanding even if they do not like the direction pf TLJ.

The people described in the OP are the same people who make youtube videos alleging Rey is a Mary Sue and Kathleen Kennedy is a feminazi and Disney is all about focus tested mass market films unlike George. That TLJs plot twits undermines their assertions about Disney is brushed off

Status
Not open for further replies.