• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that's true, that's super hot and I'll make so many antis piss themselves with anger.

I mean I was never into the whole "reylo" stuff mostly because I am not a huge fan of the way kylo treated Rey in TFA and TLJ especially and I surprisingly don't have a problem with it.

It goes back to that whole process that love plays in Star Wars and how It can ultimately turn the most evil of people into good people.
I was super not into it at first, but I'm sure In context it works well.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the reylo stuff is so tacky. If they've been stalking eachother through their force bond over the years I could buy it but otherwise they should hardly know each other.

Alot of impressions are coming out now. Most of the leaks were correct. Also one dude said Anakin's voice was in the movie so I'm glad for that at least.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I was never into the whole "reylo" stuff mostly because I am not a huge fan of the way kylo treated Rey in TFA and TLJ especially and I surprisingly don't have a problem with it.

It goes back to that whole process that love plays in Star Wars and how It can ultimately turn the most evil of people into good people.
I was super not into it at first, but I'm sure In context it works well.

The thing with the Dark Side is that it is all consuming. It's quick, easy, and offers tremendous power. But as these are fairytales the whole point is you can come back from that. Real world morality and justice are not comparable to how The Force works. It's why Vader can slaughter children and enable the destruction of whole worlds, but Anakin can become one with the Force. Its meant to inspire children that do bad things to make better choices, not excuse adults for committing crimes and destroying one another.

So in Star Wars redemption has to be possible. And yes that means people like Ben Solo can be loved.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
So, despite the shitshow of the leaks and twitter impressions...who is still excited?

I am! :D Easy to please haha.

Nov 10, 2019
So, Ben kisses Rey to save her life at the cost of his own, but he does then become a Force Ghost?

Because thats all I care about since you aren't technically dead if you are a Force Ghost.
For some weird reason, we never see him as a force ghost after he fades away. And although Leia dies before Rey and Ben confront Palpatine, she doesn't fade away until Ben dies and fades too. Yet, Leia is still one of the force ghosts we hear in the battle against Palpatine scene so I don't really get that.

Nov 10, 2019
It's possible that the Dyad is in the visual dictionary but was cut from the movie late in the editing process. Sometimes promotional materials don't match up fully with the end product due to the differences in editing times. But this does mean the Dyad, if it's not in the movie, will probably show up in the novelization.

I do hope it's in there though.
You might already know this by now but the Dyad is still in the final film. Nothing about a prophecy featuring the Dyad though.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So I never read the Rise of Skywalker spoilers, but have noticed people saying things like "I guess reshoots changed X scene" etc.

Is someone able to give me a rundown of what all changed since the early leaks, or point me in the right direction?

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I never read the Rise of Skywalker spoilers, but have noticed people saying things like "I guess reshoots changed X scene" etc.

Is someone able to give me a rundown of what all changed since the early leaks, or point me in the right direction?

I made a post a few days ago in the TROS OT about some of it:

Here's some stuff that MSW and JediPaxis had claimed which either got cut from the film, reshot, or never panned out:

-Kylo receives the Wayfinder on Mustafar from the Oracle, an alien spider sitting on a giant baby head statue in a bog.
-The film opens with Luke and Leia training, rather than the training flashback being inserted in the Ahch-To scene. It would have then cut to Leia training Rey.
-Lando was on Pasaana because his daughter was kidnapped there years ago while he was adventuring with Luke, and he ended up finding peace among the natives and stayed with them. Jannah is Lando's daughter. The First Order was specifically trying to ruin the lives of Rebel heroes.
-Kylo was to have a scene where he boarded the Falcon on Pasaana after it was captured.
-There was a version of Leia's death where Luke was present.
-Also MSW claimed at one point that the Han vision was triggered by Luke.
-The deal with the Final Order's signal tower thing would have been way more confusing because they were going to keep bouncing the signal around from ship to ship or something like that.
-Matt Smith was either a Sith cult loyalist or a Knight of Ren who got possessed by Sheev at the end of the movie OR he was the rejuvenated young Palpatine after absorbing Rey and Kylo's energy. Either way, he was replaced entirely with Ian McDiarmid.
-The whole ending on Exegol had a lot of conflicting information and possibly various versions were filmed. In one version the Jedi all appear as Force ghosts and help Rey against Sheev. In another version, it was just Luke and Leia who appeared as ghosts to fight. There was a claim that Luke came back to life. In one version, Rey didn't pass Ben a lightsaber through their bond and he just manhandled the Knights of Ren using just the Force. It became a meme in the spoiler community for a while that Ben was yeeted into the pit "never to be seen again", because in that version he simply died. There was no climb back out, no dead Rey who he resurrected, no kiss.
-Poe and Finn were also to be there on Tatooine with Rey at the end. In one version she saw a vision of her dead parents instead of Luke and Leia.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lando was on Pasaana because his daughter was kidnapped there years ago while he was adventuring with Luke, and he ended up finding peace among the natives and stayed with them. Jannah is Lando's daughter. The First Order was specifically trying to ruin the lives of Rebel heroes.
Maybe it's been posted elsewhere, but apparently this plot thread will make it into the novelisation.

The aforementioned novelisation which at some point was delayed to March 2020.

No wonder it was delayed! I guess they waiting on that final cut to see the thematic intent and plot threads that would require literary elaboration!

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Past jedis appearing to help would have been bonkers. Amazing but stupid. Ben only using the force to fight would have been pretty awesome to see too.

I've been thinking but shouldn't the voices be limited to Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Luke? Afterall they're the only ones who learned the technique to become force ghosts and interact with the living.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hesa back?

Jason Ward

@MakingStarWars

Rumor: Jar Jar Binks to return in Star Wars: Kenobi! https://makingstarwars.net/2020/01/rumor-jar-jar-binks-to-return-in-star-wars-kenobi/

EN816NyWoAEy2C2

I'm told "Ben" Kenobi crosses paths with his old friend from Naboo, Jar Jar Binks. Early work has been conducted for the CGI Gungan's return to Star Wars. Jar Jar has a beard to reflect where he's been and what his life has been like since they were all deceived by a great lie that ushered in the first Galactic Empire. Kenobi will not be the only bearded character this time.

Because the series hasn't filmed yet, I'm treating this as a rumor. That said, I believe it to be accurate and on the way.

I'm told there is a sequence where the bearded Jar Jar Binks and Obi-Wan talk about the past. There will be Jedi/Gungan beard time coming soon to the series.