• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another shot confirming a scene from the JP leaks.
v0we5y4zyv241.jpg

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
With the Jason Ward ruckus today, what leak attributed to just him has come true? So far, most of the "confirmed" leaks from the promotional materials like trailers and tv spots can be traced first and foremost to JP and not Ward, right?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
With the Jason Ward ruckus today, what leak attributed to just him has come true? So far, most of the "confirmed" leaks from the promotional materials like trailers and tv spots can be traced first and foremost to JP and not Ward, right?
Here's some of the scoops Jason had long before Paxis:
  • IX to film in Jordan
  • Exclusive first pictures of Poe's orange X-wing
  • Kylo Ren's reforged helmet
  • DO
  • The Skywalker lightsaber reforged
  • Sith stormtroopers
  • C-3PO with Chewbacca's bowcaster and Rey's staff
  • Lando's costume
  • Keri Russel's character
  • A threat from the Beyond
  • Knights of Ren and Lando being in Jordan (Passana)
  • The Sith dagger
  • C-3PO reading the Sith inscription which directs Rey and co. to Endor
  • Rey being a product of Palpatine
  • Star Destroyers equipped with planet destroying weapons
So, he's gotten an insane amount right for this one.

He also had the "Rey, Rey Skywalker" ending which Daisy seems to have basically confirmed.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Here's some of the scoops Jason had long before Paxis:
  • IX to film in Jordan
  • Exclusive first pictures of Poe's orange X-wing
  • Kylo Ren's reforged helmet
  • DO
  • The Skywalker lightsaber reforged
  • Sith stormtroopers
  • C-3PO with Chewbacca's bowcaster and Rey's staff
  • Lando's costume
  • Keri Russel's character
  • A threat from the Beyond
  • Knights of Ren and Lando being in Jordan (Passana)
  • The Sith dagger
  • C-3PO reading the Sith inscription which directs Rey and co. to Endor
  • Rey being a product of Palpatine
  • Star Destroyers equipped with planet destroying weapons
So, he's gotten an insane amount right for this one.

He also had the "Rey, Rey Skywalker" ending which Daisy seems to have basically confirmed.

Ok, so it's a fair amount. I'm not trying to discount everything he's said so far, although it seems that he learned about a lot of production Details and only broad plot aspects, but nothing very specific, or at least, less specific stuff than Paxis.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
So JJ basically stole the end beat cut to black from Dark Knight Rises...

Also I fnd it frustrating that they treat Rey Skywalker as being a spoiler. Didnt everyone already guess it from the beginning of TFA anyways? Just from the simple idea that yeah it should be so.

They should have just named her Rey Harrison.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao it's been hilarious seeing SW leaks reddit letting go of their denial about the leaks (at least, most are).

Dan Mindel posted this and then deleted it.

7s2l9c5zug341.jpg

1GqLNnB.png

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think there's much denial about the leaks, just that they don't paint the whole picture. Ending on Tatooine is a given.

Hope they at least explain why Rey ends up in Tatooine and how she even knows about the Lars homestead.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

"Okay, but it can't heal or teleport objects or cast illusions."

"Of course not Luke, the Jedi level-up moveset only includes Kinesis, Bounce, Future Sight, Psychic, and Mind Control. Thunderbolt and Abiogenesis are unlockable TMs."

"Where might I earn these TMs?"

"Not from a Jedi."

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Did anyone read the new leaks from JP from someone who has apparently seen the movie? I like them quite a bit more if the ending is true.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
We've been talking about that in the other thread for the last several hours lol

Ben gets out of the pit, heals Rey, kisses her, and dies

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's much better than just being yeeted into a pit. He makes the choice to trade her life for his. That's a proper resolution to his arc.
I was liking most of the leaks but this one I really don't like, I'd much prefer if Ben's fate was left open. He'd be a way more interesting character than Rey going forward. It's not like this is actually the end of the Skywalkers anyway since Rey takes the name. And he doesn't really help kill Palpatine, which would have been finishing what his grandfather started.

He dies three times in this movie.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing to me how much I dislike this new set of leaks, specifically the ben stuff. I was fine with him getting thrown into a pit, for some reason (unless it works REALLY REALLY WELL on screen) I really dislike the idea of him climbing out of the pit, healing rey and kissing her. Like, I get his arc completes by sacrificing himself for someone else, but something about it doesn't jive with me.

Then again, I don't really have the issue with the "Rey Skywalker" stuff at the end.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Its amazing to me how much I dislike this new set of leaks, specifically the ben stuff. I was fine with him getting thrown into a pit, for some reason (unless it works REALLY REALLY WELL on screen) I really dislike the idea of him climbing out of the pit, healing rey and kissing her. Like, I get his arc completes by sacrificing himself for someone else, but something about it doesn't jive with me.

Then again, I don't really have the issue with the "Rey Skywalker" stuff at the end.

Complete opposite for me lol. I'm now fine with the Ben stuff and still have issues with Rey Skywalker, but whatever. I'm sure I'll like how it ends up in the film.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly completely fine with the leaks. Just hope there are good emotional moments and fan service sprinkled throughout.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly completely fine with the leaks. Just hope there are good emotional moments and fan service sprinkled throughout.

Yeah, same. I think the major characters follow and fulfill their development started from TFA and TLJ pretty well, and even in the case of Rey, she is still someone who chooses the good despite where she comes from, even if she no longer is a "nobody", but a Palpatine. Now I just want some good fanservice and that's it for me for this to be the best sequel movie yet or in my top 3.

The ONLY gripe right now, is that calling this the "Skywalker Saga" when a Palpatine is the last one standing, is going to piss some people off, lol. If Ben somehow manages to survive at the end, by going into exile, that would still be a bit better. But, him redeeming, dying and reviving Rey is probably my second-favorite way this could've ended.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to feel about this it's all way too cheesy... Also no Anakin is extremely disappointing.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how to feel about this it's all way too cheesy... Also no Anakin is extremely disappointing.

And baffling. Why Mace Windu and no Anakin? Although the source of Paxis' leaks didn't seem sure one way or another, not even about Windu being there.

Anakin's theme did pop up in some of the leaked tracks earlier though. If only in small parts, and as someone on Reddit mentioned, these For Your Consideration tracks are mostly new tracks that can be considered by the Academy, as old tracks and themes can't be nominated. And it's true that the FYC playlist for TFA and TLJ also had mostly new tracks, some didn't even end up in the final soundtrack (like entire tracks dedicated to Holdo's and Rose's theme).

EDIT: And to be fair. Star Wars in vague plot points like these always sound cheesy.

The Phantom Menace:

• "It's revealed Anakin created C3PO."
  • "R2D2 belonged to Luke and Leia's mother".
  • "Obi Wan didn't actually trained Anakin, but Obi Wan's master, Quigon something"
  • "Natalie Portman is Leia's mother but isn't the Queen of Alderaan. She's the queen of Naboo. It's not explained how Leia ends up being Princess of Alderaan"
  • "Natalie Portman's character is actually the queen of Naboo, but uses Kiera Knightly as a decoy and nobody notices they're not the same person, despite the handmaiden literally being named Padme, just like the Queen"
  • "Palpatine is the Senator of Naboo too"
  • The Chancellor sends Jedi Knights to investigate Naboo and negotiate, but the Senate still asks for a special committee to investigate later"
  • The new Sith Lord, Darth Maul, kills Quigon Gyn (? not sure how it's spelled) and then is killed and cut in half by Obi Wan.
In fact, I don't have to imagine all of this, lol. TPM was the first big movie to have leaks online, so I remember this a bit, even if I wasn't that old yet.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Ward, The-GWW, and Manabyte are all saying Aphra's show is coming to Disney+ possibly much sooner than expected:

"A new Star Wars show is starting about now that nobody even knows about," prominent leaker and Making Star Wars editor Jason Ward tells Inverse.

Inverse
interviewed Ward in November about his work as a renowned Star Wars leaker for an upcoming feature — he previously broke the story that Yoda's species would play a role in The Mandalorian. Ward originally reported this reveal would come later in the season, and his website was one of few outlets ahead of the curve on this surprising twist. (Lucasfilm even avoided making Baby Yoda toys lest the secret get out.)

Now, according to Ward's sources, Star Wars already has a future on Disney+ beyond what's been officially announced. In fact, he says that a new, live-action Star Wars show might be happening right now and that series is Doctor Aphra.

"I'm hearing it's a Lucasfilm-Marvel venture with both companies teaming up to bring a Star Wars show to the small screen," Ward says.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Are they already filming it or something? Seems weird such a project would go unnoticed and no leaks.

Either way I'm hyped! Aphra is fantastic. I'm wondering how the casual audience will take her role in the series.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Aphra would be a really strange choice. I can't say I'd be looking forward to it, or the Cassian series.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we're starting to get Visual Dictionary leaks

kjcrp8p6fv441.jpg

Remember when the first look at Snoke was leaked on GAF?

Oct 28, 2017
England
Looks like we're starting to get Visual Dictionary leaks

kjcrp8p6fv441.jpg

Remember when the first look at Snoke was leaked on GAF?

Mustafar, eh? Hopefully that's the planet where Ben reassembles his helmet - it'll be cool to see an old planet return in a way that would feel natural.

Also, even thought it likely won't be mentioned in the film, Sith Alchemist is a really awesome title.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So perhaps Mando's leaks are a little loser to the truth.

He mentioned Ben going to Mustafar and similar things to JP except it's Anakin and not Han that brings Ben to the light.

Also Ben dies for sure and is on Tatooine along with Anakin, Leia, Luke and Ben as a Force Ghost.