• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that the Dyad is in the visual dictionary but was cut from the movie late in the editing process. Sometimes promotional materials don't match up fully with the end product due to the differences in editing times. But this does mean the Dyad, if it's not in the movie, will probably show up in the novelization.

I do hope it's in there though.

Oct 28, 2017
England
So perhaps Mando's leaks are a little loser to the truth.

He mentioned Ben going to Mustafar and similar things to JP except it's Anakin and not Han that brings Ben to the light.

Also Ben dies for sure and is on Tatooine along with Anakin, Leia, Luke and Ben as a Force Ghost.

Looks like the leaker behind these dictionary leaks certainly isn't putting much stocking into jedipraxis' leaks.

6pnt4b3atv441.jpg

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trailers and ads all match up with JP's leaks. If the visual dictionary has differences, it's either because the dictionary was completed before the film's final edit, or because JP isn't an omniscient god who knows all, which he never claimed to be.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"Kylo Ren's complete submission to the dark side in his pursuit of answers and power concerns the Supreme Council, who favor much more orthdox tactics and strategies for the conquest of the galaxy. But Ren's return from the Unknown Regions with the promise of new warships and soldiers -- all engineered decades earlier by the Empreror himeslf -- bolsters confidence in the Supreme Leader. The intricacies of Sith lineage remain an impenetrable dark page of history for most of the First order, but Ren believes he will return the Sith to power and fulfill his grandfather's legacy. As ruler, Kylo feels no indebiedness (?) to the Sith Eternal cultists, for they are but a means to an end. He has sacrificed far too much to be subservient."

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Kylo Ren's complete submission to the dark side in his pursuit of answers and power concerns the Supreme Council, who favor much more orthdox tactics and strategies for the conquest of the galaxy. But Ren's return from the Unknown Regions with the promise of new warships and soldiers -- all engineered decades earlier by the Empreror himeslf -- bolsters confidence in the Supreme Leader. The intricacies of Sith lineage remain an impenetrable dark page of history for most of the First order, but Ren believes he will return the Sith to power and fulfill his grandfather's legacy. As ruler, Kylo feels no indebiedness (?) to the Sith Eternal cultists, for they are but a means to an end. He has sacrificed far too much to be subservient."

Indebtedness. And this seems to line up with JP's leak saying there's a "First Order boardroom" scene.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Is he basing that on the Visual Dictionary? Cause that thing has details that are never even remotely mentioned or hinted at in the films.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
10am PST, according to, uh, here. Can't really find any corroborating info anywhere else.

edit: okay, here's a source

Holy shit, that early? Hope that's a sign of confidence in the movie. Most social media embargoes are lifted at night.

I hope I forget that after sleeping because I don't want to be thinking about it, lol. Good thing I'll be at work and doing other things.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
huq8hedf33541.png

This was just posted on Reddit. Seems like the theory that Vader's wayfinder is actually a Sith holocron is true.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Man, remember when Han's death and Flying Leia leaked early and they were incredibly potato-quality? Oh, how times have changed.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
UGH, why couldn't she have that saber for the entire film or even half of it.

The first live action yellow saber and we don't get to see it in combat.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
It's so pretty ;__;

C'mon social media impressions! I want the internet to fall apart (good, bad, doesn't matter. I'll probably enjoy it, and the internet will fall apart).

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I love that we're also getting a sneak preview of the inane-ass hot takes that'll make up the discourse around this movie

Christmas has come early

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna need a pic of the Reylo kiss, y'all.

Mildly horrified that it made it in, but okay, it's a POWERFUL MOMENT BEFORE DEATH, whatever

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, we're already at "fuck JJ" and "Disney is just using SW for marketing and toy sales".

I think I'm going to need this gif for a while.
giphy.gif

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
The opening crawl:
The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

Oct 25, 2017
The opening crawl:
The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....
Jesus

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You kind of get a goofy story if you put together the first lines of all the crawls.

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. War! It is a period of civil war. It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in an attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. Luke Skywalker has vanished. The First Order reigns. The dead speak!

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
You kind of get a goofy story if you put together the first lines of all the crawls.

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. War! It is a period of civil war. It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in an attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. Luke Skywalker has vanished. The First Order reigns. The dead speak!

The actual opening crawl to Star Wars, Episode X.

That's really funny though.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Ben kisses Rey to save her life at the cost of his own, but he does then become a Force Ghost?

Because thats all I care about since you aren't technically dead if you are a Force Ghost.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
So, Ben kisses Rey to save her life at the cost of his own, but he does then become a Force Ghost?

Because thats all I care about since you aren't technically dead if you are a Force Ghost.

its switched.

Ben I guess climbs back out of the pit and Rey is dead from her fight with Palpatine. Ben brings her back and she says "Ben" and kisses him as he disappears Into the force.

according to the massive write up that appeared on reddit.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its switched.

Ben I guess climbs back out of the pit and Rey is dead from her fight with Palpatine. Ben brings her back and she says "Ben" and kisses him as he disappears Into the force.

according to the massive write up that appeared on reddit.
I hope that's true, that's super hot and I'll make so many antis piss themselves with anger.