• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or people who didn't like The Last Jedi, which is a possibility.
Luke will come back and be super fanfic powerful, rose will stay asleep, Rey will finally kiss Finn after he learns to use the Force, Poe will kiss Finn as well, Snoke will come back and reveal himself to be Palapatine 2, Anakin ghost teams up with Luke ghost, Rey and Finn hold hands lookin over into the horizon, iris out and John Williams music

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Luke will come back and be super fanfic powerful, rose will stay asleep, Rey will finally kiss Finn after he learns to use the Force, Poe will kiss Finn as well, Snoke will come back and reveal himself to be Palapatine 2, Anakin ghost teams up with Luke ghost, Rey and Finn hold hands lookin over into the horizon, iris out and John Williams music
You forgot Kylo cutting off all of Rey's limbs and revealing he let her best him, then committing seppuku since even fake losing is for losers.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
MSW with the random tidbits

One of the weirder things I've been told has zero context. So you'll be left to speculate on what it means. There's a scene in Star Wars: Episode IX where See-Threepio has Chewbacca's bandolier on with his bowcaster and he's holding Rey's staff. It sounds like one of Threepio's craziest situations since Attack of the Clones but we have no confirmation of Threepio-style dad jokes (this is such a drag).

TFA nailed it on the humor, so I'm not worried.

Also, spoiler alert, the teaser is gonna make ya cry

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
dwnqtimkigf21.png

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love Lando in the Solo-inspired outfit. Don't care much for the aliens but the ST has been lacking in that department overall.

Interesting that they decided to put Rey in all white instead of black. Doesn't mirror Anakin and Luke.

Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping to see Rey in black, not crazy about the all-white look at all. New droid design is terrible too. Overall, none of this feels terribly inspired.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
JJ duct-taping the helmet Johnson literally smashed to pieces with his foot is sure something

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kylo's design is kind of a cross between TFA and TLJ. He's got a hood like TFA but a doesn't have the shawl, it's connected to a cape like TLJ.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, Kylo rebuilding his helmet could be an interesting character beat, if handled well.

Rejected by Rey, he finds solace in an identity he knows, etc, etc.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I like the heroes in white and beige. Classic Star Wars aesthetic. I better see the LF artists really flex with the Knights, though.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I mean we already know what they look like from TFA unless they get new designs.
I imagine the designs will change now that Abrams and Terrio have some idea of who these characters are. The Knights were only a half-formed concept in TFA. (they looked neat in that movie too, but we barely saw them)

EDIT: Can we talk about the Mon Cal wearing a Rubik's Cube?

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt smashing the past kinda like the point of his whole character arc in TLJ?

Yeah, and it blew up in his face. He tried to step out of his shell and be his own man and just ended up getting rejected by Rey and embarrassed by Luke. Now he's going to withdraw into what makes him feel powerful.

He's pathetic.

EDIT: Can we talk about the Mon Cal wearing a Rubik's Cube?

Pretty sure that's just for color/light testing.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Ben is also a massive hypocrite because in his heart of hearts he is obsessed with the past. His dad still haunts him, his mom is still untouchable, Luke still vexes him beyond reason. Luke has the same issue -- he can't burn down the tree even though all he talks about is abolishing the Jedi.

The helmet in IX could work as a thematic gesture towards those ideas. I hope it is, and that it's used sparingly. Adam needs to act.

Pretty sure that's just for color/light testing.
Thank you lol. I thought it looked like a parody of the Imperial badges.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Ben is also a massive hypocrite because in his heart of hearts he is obsessed with the past. His dad still haunts him, his mom is still untouchable, Luke still vexes him beyond reason. Luke has the same issue -- he can't burn down the tree even though all he talks about is abolishing the Jedi.

The helmet in IX could work as a thematic gesture towards those ideas. I hope it is, and that it's used sparingly. Adam needs to act.

Thank you lol. I thought it looked like a parody of the Imperial badges.
Nah, I'm 100% sure it's back to appease weirdos who were somehow mad he smashed it even though it 100% followed on from the last movie, and to sell more toys.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Rey in all white is AMAZING and a great counterpoint to the all-black Luke and Anakin of RotJ and RotS.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watch the Mcguffin is Huyang the lightsaber droid from Clone Wars. Matt Smith is the closest they could get to casting David Tennant without tipping everyone off. He will help rebuild Rey's lightsaber. I am not serious about this.

Or the Mcguffin is a Kaminoan cloning facility that has harvested and cloned .... Midichlorians. Injections for all the heroes now the force really really awakens.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Billy Dee looks great! The blend of Kylo's TFA and TLJ costumes works really well.

Rey's costume is very different to what I expected. Digging it though.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
That FO uniform looks good on Richard E Grant

Unicycle droid

Mon Calamari with a Rubiks cube ; )

Weird and wonderful - just how I like my Star Wars!

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hey guys so I haven't read any of the thread yet. I just have a question.. Are there any major, confirmed big spoilers for IX? I kinda want to dip into concept art and production pictures, but I'm still trying to avoid huge plot spoilers. But If it happens so be it. Thanks

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys so I haven't read any of the thread yet. I just have a question.. Are there any major, confirmed big spoilers for IX? I kinda want to dip into concept art and production pictures, but I'm still trying to avoid huge plot spoilers. But If it happens so be it. Thanks

No you're fine. Nothing major in the concept art thread.

Edit: I mean *maybe* one image but I really don't consider it a spoiler since if you're gonna he watching trailer it most certainly will be shown there

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks guys. I think I'll take a peek. Is there a good summary of everything so far (production images, concept art) or is it all just scattered throughout the thread?