• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
England

I like the sound of almost all of that (really will like it if Nien Numb gets a bigger role, hopefully he'll finally get a Lego figure!)... all execpt Naomi Ackie playing Finn's sister. It would feel very odd indeed if Finn goes from isolated from his entire family since birth (and we know that FO troopers get infrequent memory wipes) to reuniting with his sister after only one year of having defected. If she has to be related to a preexisting black person, I'd much rather she be Lando's daughter.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Any word if IX will feature a super climatic space battle? It's the one spice that's been missing from a pretty good showing from the Sequel Trilogy.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Rumours from the latest MSW podcast:

Episode IX
Planets & Locations
  • Jason heard again that Jordan was used as a filming location for two planets.
  • One of them looks like Tatooine.
  • Lars homestead was reportedly built in Pinewood.
  • Tatooine is reportedly at the end of the movie.
  • It looks like a small Ahch-to set was built in Pinewood too.
  • The second Jordan planet could be named Pazama or something like that. Jason doesn't know the exact spelling and it's just my transcription.
  • There's a miners/fish market looking town. The whole town was built in Pinewood (so maybe it's the biggest set we heard about). Snowtroopers were there and snow special effects were used there.
  • Also, there is a droid factory on the miners/fish market set. It's an easter egg heaven - robot from Bad Robot logo is hidden there, John Williams' scores are somehow hidden there, few battle droids from The Phantom Menace, etc.
  • Kylo supposedly goes to a dark looking castle to get his helmet fixed in the movie - but this could be BS, because he also heard earlier that Knights of Ren fixed his helmet. There's some monkey looking creature on this set.
  • Kylo was a part of the swamp planet (Black Park) stuff. Kylo's pulling and throwing some Resistance soldiers, but he's probably separated from the main battle on that planet.
Characters
  • Jason heard about the young Luke & Leia training flashback. Billie Lourd might have been a stand-in for CGI.
  • Jason seconds info about Keri Russell's character from this leak. She might have been on the snow planet, but Jason says he could be wrong about it.
  • Knight of Ren's weapons aren't the same as in The Force Awakens. They look like medieval weapons with Star Wars features. They look visually neat.
  • Jason doesn't know if any of the TFA's KoR is in IX.
Ships
  • There's some really black TIE.
  • Luke's X-wing was on some set. Jason doesn't know if it's the ROTJ one or a different one.
  • Kylo supposedly has a new ship. It's white with red and black details. It has some cool gadgets.
  • Supposedly Vader's helmet is on that ship.
  • Jason heard that Falcon is on a fire at some point.
  • There's an orange X-wing with R2 unit in it. His source doesn't think it's Poe Dameron's.
  • Supposedly Rey has Luke's X-wing helmet.
  • There was supposedly a massive ship on the Cardington set. The final battle with zero gravity was probably filmed there.
Obi-Wan series
  • Jason heard about Obi-Wan's show about three months ago, but then he got a signal that it wasn't greenlit at that time so he didn't make an article. He doesn't know if it's greenlit now.
  • He heard it's 6 episodes as previously said in SWNN's report.
  • Jason also seconds that Ewan McGregor was on Solo's premiere because they indeed wanted to announce Obi-movie after some time.
  • The series' script is based on the events from the movie's script.

Keep in mind that these leaks and rumours are usually without a hard proof, but still confirmed from few Jason's sources. That's why he's talking about them on the podcast instead of writing an article about them.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of bummed, really want Obi-Wan to be a movie, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Now I can't wait to see the KoR's weapons.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if Jordan is two planets, then Jakku isn't in the movie since it's Tatooine and "Pazama". Are we seriously getting ANOTHER indistinguishable desert planet or did they gussy up the location somehow to make it different?

This would also imply that the shot of the Big 3 hugging on the last day of filming was on Tatooine.

Battle droid cameo is a nice touch, but I wish they went with the "Resistsnce obtains the remnants of the droid army" idea.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Foks...
I bet the alleged Macguffin is the T-16 Skyhopper(!)

Maybe I should mock up a bingo card for what the Macguffin is.

It's almost certainly something we've seen before... right?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have been ignoring the most obvious answer......movie concludes on Tatooine where they find the MacGuffin they have been chasing......it' obvious what it is.

THE POWER CONVERTERS LUKE WAS GOING TO PICK UP.

Boom.
Okay, not really.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Foks...
I bet the alleged Macguffin is the T-16 Skyhopper(!)

Maybe I should mock up a bingo card for what the Macguffin is.

It's almost certainly something we've seen before... right?

Have fun figuring out what exactly falls into the category of "delightful" but also "controversial"

My (completely shot-in-the-dark) guess?

dTjfUEZ.png

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the restraining bolt the Jawas put on Artoo that Luke took off.

That's why they recreated the Lars Homestead set per MSW.

I WIN

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we got a Whills mention in Rogue One and they referenced they called it Starkiller Base because of the original Lucas ideas too. So they aren't opposed.
Those don't count (imo) as they're just "HEY NERDS! WE SAID THING YOU KNOW" and are completely superficial mentions.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda blowing my mind with the idea that Luke's ANH Red 5 'blew up the death star' X-Wing could still be out there. Never occurred to me that it was left on Bespin ?? in ESB and may not have been recovered.... meaning the X-Wing he flies in ROTJ may be a different one, and the one rusting away in the waters of Acht-to may be another one also.

Oct 28, 2017
Episode 9 footage shown at shareholders meeting today.

JJ prepared a special piece for it
Editing just begun
Reveal ended in thunderous applause

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda blowing my mind with the idea that Luke's ANH Red 5 'blew up the death star' X-Wing could still be out there. Never occurred to me that it was left on Bespin ?? in ESB and may not have been recovered.... meaning the X-Wing he flies in ROTJ may be a different one, and the one rusting away in the waters of Acht-to may be another one also.
Lando helped plan Han's rescue from Jabba so I assume they managed to get the X-wing from Bespin.

"Lando's 11"
Lando Calrissian and his new rebel friends must sneak back into Cloud City now under imperial control to obtain vital resources for the rebellion
Starring Donald Glover, Billie Lourd, and Sebastian Stan
Coming to theaters in 2024