• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they might actually make 3PO'S head swap in AotC a crucial plot point.

That would certainly explain "delightful yet controversial".
Threepio's head swap in AOTC being the key to how they topple the first order would be so absurd yet perfectly Star Warsy at the same time.

Yeah I dunno about this. I feel like it having more to do with Anakin is better for the trilogy/saga.
Anakin is the one who brought Threepio to Geonosis so without Anakin Threepio wouldn't have ever downloaded the battle droids activation info!

So there you go. ;) Anakin connection lol.

Last edited:

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
They could make a really funny scene of Threepio going through all the memories he lost. Daniels would probably have a lot of fun acting that out. Might explain him using weapons too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounding more and more likely the MacGuffin is using Threepios old wiped memories to re-activate a droid army:
https://makingstarwars.net/2019/04/...on-to-rambo-threepio-in-star-wars-episode-ix/

I gotta say, if this plays out as it is increasingly looking like major props to JJ for the ballsy move of using Attack of the Clones as the lynchpin to the Skywalker Saga's finale MacGuffin.

• There's planet where it snows with a droid factory and the main cast visits a droid factory.
  • On snowfall planet, See-Threepio reluctantly has his memory uploaded to Artoo-Detoo which leads to some funny issues for Artoo.
  • This appears to explain the "Rambo" See-Threepio I wrote about a while ago which was later confirmed by The Geekiverse poster leak.
  • On the snow planet, the new droid D.O. is introduced around the factory sequence and his help is required. He might be related to Keri Russell's character.
  • In the droid factory on the snow planet there is a "Bad Robot," Battle Droids," and droids that relate to or resemble John Williams scores somehow. Basically there's a lot of Easter Eggs
  • The heroes are helped off the snowing planet by a character in purple and gold which makes me think it is Keri Russell's character, as she was described to me as "rose-gold extremely elegant armor but with a purple under suit and a helmet that has the shape of an Olympic cycling helmet." This costume lines up with the recent poster leak pretty well and another leak which has her listed as "Zorii."

sphagnum your wildest dreams are coming true.

Re-activating a droid army being the secret weapon to help bring down the FO is a nice spin on ROTJ with the Ewok army helping bring down the Empire as well, in a way that ties the saga back to the very beginning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now if only JJ had read the books and knew that Snap could provide Resistance Battle Droids with General Grievous' moveset...

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, Williams is going to use some of the TPM battle droid music isn't he.

Watch him somehow merge the Resistance March with The Droid Invasion theme.

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say. If that Droid army rumour is true (and this point seems to be) That's fucking lame.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
On the other hand, I think the Droid army rumour is fantastic. Big kudos to JJ if it turns out to be true, as he's quite outspoken about not liking the Prequels so much.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, I think the Droid army rumour is fantastic. Big kudos to JJ if it turns out to be true, as he's quite outspoken about not liking the Prequels so much.
My problem with it, isn't that it's pulling from the PT. It's the fact they're just using the Droid army, as a stand-in for the Ewoks.

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
I would bet if the rumor plays out that the first time the droid army marches out the audience will cheer.

Yep done right this will bring the house down. The kids who grew up with the prequels are in prime nostalgia range and enough time has passed that even the biggest prequel haters have softened a bit. I love the idea of a Williams resistance / droid army theme mashup.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Man, if true, I am going to lose my SHIT over the droid army stuff. I don't even like the prequels that much, but being 21 and having been raised on them both in the prequels and in the Clone Wars, my hype would be through the ROOF. It's also just a smart way to give the Resistance some more firepower AND tie in the prequels in a meaningful way.

I hope my hopes aren't too high now. But damn...

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep done right this will bring the house down. The kids who grew up with the prequels are in prime nostalgia range and enough time has passed that even the biggest prequel haters have softened a bit. I love the idea of a Williams resistance / droid army theme mashup.
That's true for me. While i still intensely dislike them. I do appreciate they trying to do new things, just weren't able to stick the landing.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need this to happen just so I can get that Williams March of the Resistance/Invasion of the Droid Army mashup track.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like it, it's one of those really bizarre things that George or Filoni would toss in.
The Threepio having battle droid programming in his memories to activate a droid army felt very Filoni-ish to me soon as I saw it too. Far more Filoni than JJ.

A lot feels that way that we keep hearing about to be honest.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember of the Clone Wars production, Lucas would come up with bizarre or seemingly unworkable ideas and have Filoni make them work. Sometimes Filoni would have an idea Lucas wouldn't really like, but he'd do it anyway and Lucas would be cool with it.

I remember a while back there were these persistent rumors of Lucas "saving" Episode 9. Maybe they just brought him in (and Filoni?) to bounce ideas off and he proposed some weird shit and they actually used it in some way, and/or went back to some of the work done on the ST when George was planning it and used it. If I was making a Star Wars movie, I would want to bounce ideas of GL, or look at his unused concepts, or talk to Filoni. Filoni has spent more time talking Star Wars with Lucas than probably anyone else at Lucasfilm. He's a valuable consultant on anything Star Wars. As long as those guys are around, I feel it's worth it to use at least a little bit of knowledge even if it isn't anything directly a part of the story. Lucas is 74, pick his brain on silly Star Wars minutiae while you still can.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll know they used George's ideas for IX if midichlorians or Whills come up in any way.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...

end-of-evangelion.jpg

I'm not the only one thinking this after reading that and seeing the concept art.

But still, it does fit in the weird stuff Filoni does, so I'll give it a go. Oh man what if it's Bor Gullet!

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
After TLJ I was firmly in the "Kylo Ren is lost. He's fully evil and will die that way" camp, but I have to admit that all of the rumors are starting to make me wonder if he might actually be redeemed. I think it may even be before the very end--what if he fights alongside the heroes in the final battle? Maybe he's redeemed before the last act of the film?

Probably not, but all of the rumors/spoilers have made me start to question the possibility.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably want to leave it fairly open for ongoing stories even if it's not episode 10. Like even if the FO is completely destroyed there's still a divided galaxy ripe for stories. I doubt the new (new) republic gets rebuilt any time soon. I actually hope it stays a divided galaxy where you have multiple large factions instead of just one. There can be multiple empires and republics all doing their own thing and fighting each other, galaxy is a big place.

Chiss mother fucking ascendancy better be part of that future.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Uh...this has to play out well or else...

Eh, it probably reads weirder (especially in this second-hand fashion) than it actually is. Imagine if we were getting leaks from ESB, and we'd just found out that after being attacked by a Yeti, the ghost of Obi Wan will appear to Luke and tell him to go to a Swamp planet to learn how to be a Jedi from a frog alien with bat ears.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it probably reads weirder (especially in this second-hand fashion) than it actually is. Imagine if we were getting leaks from ESB, and we'd just found out that after being attacked by a Yeti, the ghost of Obi Wan will appear to Luke and tell him to go to a Swamp planet to learn how to be a Jedi from a frog alien with bat ears.
Ah, yeah, I see what you mean, that makes sense in a way.

Oct 27, 2017
Reylo is only a thing to creepy Kylo. He's gonna go full incel now after she turned him down. Fits his personality pretty perfectly actually.

And if we get droid army I swear to god Mr. Bones better show up or I will riot.