• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*caugh* I want some battle droids and knights of Ren. One can only dream.
Jason Ward has heavily hinted at Battle Droids. A lot of rumors flying around that the "B-Plot" non-Force storyline is recovering Threepio's wiped memories to activate a droid army.

So you have a pretty solid chance of going two for two!

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well read the 4chan thing. It reads as plausible enough. A lot of crazy set pieces if true. Execution would be everything though

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Honestly, I still have no idea how ep.9 gonna end.

Sheeve and Empire 2.0 Get defeated again? and re-rebuild the new republic and Jedi Order again?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I still have no idea how ep.9 gonna end.

Sheeve and Empire 2.0 Get defeated again? and re-rebuild the new republic and Jedi Order again?
Tagged for referencing above spoiler

Rey becomes the heir to the empire as Palpatine's "daughter"? I doubt it but would be really really interesting.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the final shot is
resurrected Ben Solo watching the sunrise with Force ghosts watching.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Not keen on Rey being some Sith-conceived prodigy ala Anakin. Would rather she remain a nobody, with Kylo/the Skywalkers always the intended Palpatine host. Having Palp's plan unravel because of some unforseen upstart with no heritage, who just happened to be in the right place at the right time, would be a much better fit than another bout of "everything is going exactly as I planned".

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Stardestroyers with
Death Star weaponry?!
VictoriousMenacingIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb.gif

Force
"flash" fights that bring Rey and Kylo into the Lars homestead, Naboo, to Coruscant and Hoth?!
d992a2734af637d719a68a5d7a21c137.gif

DS2
ruins rising up from the water?
AnimatedHealthyIridescentshark-size_restricted.gif

Matt Smith
being a vessel for Palpatine's body?
I+actually+cried+alittle+to+be+honest+_52d4828e76dde7a70b99b992fbb8e51d.gif

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds plausible. Sounds like JJ.

In a lot of ways, what we've seen and what this "leak" suggests is that LF is recanting The Last Jedi. We're getting a half-assed origin story for Rey and Snoke; we're getting a reformed Ben Solo and a bigger antagonist; Rose is going to be summarily carted off to the sideline; Rey will reopen the door she closed on Ben. Every stance the last film took appears to have been reversed.

Even if TROS is not a naked rehash of ROTJ (to its credit), its very ethos is retrospective. I understand that the saga films must orbit the Skywalkers, but do we have to go back to Palpatine and the second Death Star? Do we have to rehabilitate the bad guy? Do we have to revisit literal images of the old movies for no apparent reason?

Forgive me this long-winded, premature take, but since these are spoilers I have nowhere else to put it. I feel worse about this movie the closer we get to it. Nothing inspires confidence.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Start bitching about movie after you've seen it at least, not based on some bullshit leaked stuff. 90% of these are fake and made up, these folks couldn't even mention Palpatine's return before teaser. It's all bullshit.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Start bitching about movie after you've seen it at least, not based on some bullshit leaked stuff. 90% of these are fake and made up, these folks couldn't even mention Palpatine's return before teaser. It's all bullshit.

This, plus Sheev rising the DS2 out of the sea is straight-up lifted from this fan poster:

bokmcrd7t3b31.jpg

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I said it was premature and it obviously is. I own how stupid it is, but I also can't ignore that 10% of these leaks are legit and the teaser gives them credibility. MSW is right often enough that we can start to paint a broad picture of what this movie looks like, and that's basically all this greentext thing does.

Honestly, I was prepared to watch this movie in bad faith after the trailer gave us the Palpatine stinger. These leaks just reaffirm that bummer feeling. I'm coming from a position where I'm not willing to accept a revived Palpatine, or a rehabilitated Ben Solo, or a general renegging of The Last Jedi. I won't accept it. It's not fair to the film or the filmmakers and I want very much to be wrong, but that's my position.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it was premature and it obviously is. I own how stupid it is, but I also can't ignore that 10% of these leaks are legit and the teaser gives them credibility. MSW is right often enough that we can start to paint a broad picture of what this movie looks like, and that's basically all this greentext thing does.

Honestly, I was prepared to watch this movie in bad faith after the trailer gave us the Palpatine stinger. These leaks just reaffirm that bummer feeling. I'm coming from a position where I'm not willing to accept a revived Palpatine, or a rehabilitated Ben Solo, or a general renegging of The Last Jedi. I won't accept it. It's not fair to the film or the filmmakers and I want very much to be wrong, but that's my position.
Rian Johnson himself is pretty pumped for TROS and said he is all for it if JJ wants to put a twist on Rey's origins.

The Ben redemption thing is all from 4chan. Ward has been vague other than he begs for Rey to kill him when Palpatine is starting to possess him which Rey does.

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they roll back on Ray not being related to any of the characters. I think i might be done with Star Wars.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Rian Johnson himself is pretty pumped for TROS and said he is all for it if JJ wants to put a twist on Rey's origins.

The Ben redemption thing is all from 4chan. Ward has been vague other than he begs for Rey to kill him when Palpatine is starting to possess him which Rey does.
Ward has said the whole third act and Ben's sacrifice all came from the same source that leaked the sith trooper, which turned out true. He's also at least mentioned a resurrection. I think it's pretty clear Ben has something of a redemption arc here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
For what it's worth, while I do think that 4-chan leak is fake, I still think there will be some sort of death for Kylo, but also a resurrection. Sort of a "Kylo dies, but Ben is reborn" situation.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
I'm fully expecting him to lose all his powers and have to restart from level one, thus bringing an end to both Jedi and Sith, and ushering in a new generation of "Skywalkers" in their place.

Oct 28, 2017
These leaks really do make it sound like this is Ben's trilogy. What about our girl Rey? Does she exist merely to serve Ben's redemption? They really gonna fridge our girl? That would suck sooo bad

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These leaks really do make it sound like this is Ben's trilogy. What about our girl Rey? Does she exist merely to serve Ben's redemption? They really gonna fridge our girl? That would suck sooo bad
There is nothing to indicate they are fridging her. She is the one who is the hero in the end given the leaks. She is the one who defeats Palpatine by killing Kylp when Palps possesses him.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
that lego set stuff looks fun. Y-Wing with Zorii is dope. A-Wing with Snap is !!! I need to get at least those two, and I rarely buy legos anymore but those have me hyped.