• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You know what, I can see the execution doing this treatment REALLY well.

Will it please everyone? No, but I think it's going to be a crowd-pleaser.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JediPaxis replied said which force ghosts appear to defeat Sidious is in flux right now. Said initially it was just Luke and Leia but now he is not sure if it's only them.

if it's Anakin, Luke, and Leia then collectively the Skywalker family is the chosen one you could say.

Jun 12, 2019
well, we have a bit of contradiction here. JP sources have FG Luke and Leia help Rey while JW sources have all the Jedi revive Rey so she could fight. As you can see, the set up in both scenarios has FG doing some Deus ex Machine shit, but they defer on what and how many FG show up.

if I could make an educated guess, the 1000 generations of Jedi reviving Rey is likelier of 2 scenarios because:

Their intervention doesn't open a can of worms unlike an intervention where they actively took down the villain (why didn't they come to Luke's aid? or Obi Wan's on Mustafar? etc)

It's Rey's fight (which Luke and Leia fan service undermines)

it lines up with Luke's voiceover from the trailer (it didn't refer to her learning from the ancient books but from Jedi FG giving her their Force)

So I'd say that this is the right version and that Ben is indeed tossed into a pit since both sources confirm that part.

Oct 28, 2017
JediPaxis replied said which force ghosts appear to defeat Sidious is in flux right now. Said initially it was just Luke and Leia but now he is not sure if it's only them.

if it's Anakin, Luke, and Leia then collectively the Skywalker family is the chosen one you could say.
And MSW says the force ghosts arrive to give Rey a pick me up and that Rey defeats Palpatine on her own ... NOT that the force ghosts destroy Palpatine.
What he described seemed like it might play similar to this

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, we have a bit of contradiction here. JP sources have FG Luke and Leia help Rey while JW sources have all the Jedi revive Rey so she could fight. As you can see, the set up in both scenarios has FG doing some Deus ex Machine shit, but they defer on what and how many FG show up.
JP agrees with Ward it sounds like. He said in a reply it was initially just Luke and Leia but thinks things might have changed but he is not sure which ghosts would be in it.!

Jun 12, 2019
I'm sure that, since it's many FG, we'll see all the known ones plus Leia but it's gonna be Luke who gives the big exposition speech.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that, since it's many FG, we'll see all the known ones plus Leia but it's gonna be Luke who gives the big exposition speech.
My guess it is what the super locked down reshoots were. Ward in a podcast said it wasn't reshoots to fix something but something they planned out and held out as long as possible and filmed with a Skelton crew to keep it locked down.

Jun 12, 2019
My guess it is what the super locked down reshoots were. Ward in a podcast said it wasn't reshoots to fix something but something they planned out and held out as long as possible and filmed with a Skelton crew to keep it locked down.

Skeleton crew happened already near the end of TROS shoot. And there are some interesting things as well. Such as Adam Driver's make-up artist IG that the wrap up was Adam's last day of shooting and then quickly deleting the IG entry. Then, daisy mentioned that Oscar finished before the rest, and John a day or so before her and that she was the last to wrap but didn't mention Adam. So interesting mystery surrounding Adam driver wrapping up on the last day. It doesn't have to mean last scene (those are last scenes with an actor rather than last scene in the movie), but it's interesting that they want to keep this info a secret.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Man I remember when I posted about all the dead Jedi coming back to help Rey against Palpatine a while ago as something I thought was too wild to actually happen

If they have so many dead Jedi they can't possibly not include Anakin.

Jun 12, 2019
In other news, Ben Solo death and the ending with characters who never spoke to Luke are doing really badly on reddit. People are outraged and with the good reason. His death is awful and unfitting closure while ragtag of characters on Tatooine has no emotional impact for Tatooine doesn't mean shit to them. The whole thing is so lazy and smacks of a placeholder, which I hope is the case, but we'll see.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of silly that JJ is going to have two desert planets that look exactly the same in this movie.

And possibly two heavily-tree-filled planets.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is some 30% on rotten tomatoes shit. Imagine how anti climactic that would be if the finale to the skywalker saga gets crap reviews

Jun 12, 2019
I want to be a fly on LFL wall. if leaks are messed up, they are having a good laugh. if leaks are on point in its worst beats, now that's where the fun begins.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of silly that JJ is going to have two desert planets that look exactly the same in this movie.

And possibly two heavily-tree-filled planets.

To be fair, I can't imagine Tatooine will have more than a minute or two of screentime.

Speaking to the thread in general; when was the last time leaks ever painted a movie's plot in a positive light? I remember both TFA's ("wait, Luke doesn't show up until the final scene of the film?!?) and TLJ's (Snoke dies!) coming off as fairly dire based on MSW and other leak reports.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm an optimistic person but since so many are being pessimistic what happens if this movie is critically panned
The same sort of people rant about TLJ and TFA both of which got glowing reviews.

JJ makes good movies in his sleep. His movies are always rollicking audience pleasers. Even ones with god awful scripts like Into Darkness.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I can't imagine Tatooine will have more than a minute or two of screentime.

Speaking to the thread in general; when was the last time leaks ever painted a movie's plot in a positive light? I remember both TFA's ("wait, Luke doesn't show up until the final scene of the film?!?) and TLJ's (Snoke dies!) coming off as fairly dire based on MSW and other leak reports.
It was only months ago people were having meltdowns over the Endgame leaked plot and proclaiming it ruining the MCU lol. People never learn.

Jun 12, 2019
To be fair to Endgame, it wasn't as bad as this. Tony and Nat deaths were meaningful and Cap got a fitting closure for Peggy has always been his true love. But TROS leaks make everything so pointless and why do they think that audience will feel warm and fuzzy that some total randos are looking at the twin suns? it's fan service of the worst kind, one that doesn't get that for fan service to work it has to have an emotional impact.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Using what we learned from these leaks along with the new canon EU material (and TFA/TLJ) I sort of compiled the major plot points that the Force storyline characters go through between ROTJ and TFA from the info we have. Obviously if the leaks aren't entirely accurate (and they likely won't be, even valid leaks like MSW and TFA still got some big details wrong due to the nature of info being provided by phone tag and getting muddied a bit) things will change:

Palpatine:
-Escapes to the Unknown Regions after surviving his fall on the DSII to bide his time to plot his return and revenge where the Empire had been previously stockpiling super weapons outside the purview of the known galaxy.
-The remaining surviving Empire fleet fled to Unknown Regions as well as per Palaptine's contingency plan.
-Palpatine takes on a new apprentice, Snoke.
-Palpatine tasks Snoke to act as the figure head for reforming the remaining Imperial fleet into the First Order to keep his survival a secret until the time is right.

Snoke:
-Under his leadership (while secretly being following Palpatine's bidding) the surviving Imperial fleet is reborn as the First Order.
-Secretly begins to contact Ben Solo to tempt him to the Dark Side as it has been foreseen that Solo can bring the end of Luke Skywalker if he can be turned.

Ben:
-Ben is tempted by Snoke's promise of being the new Darth Vader and falls to the dark side.
-Ben becomes Snoke's new apprentice leaving Luke for dead and destroying his Jedi Academy, unaware of Snoke's true master.
-Snoke entrusts Ben with being the elite leader of the Knights of Ren, the strongest enforcers of the First Orders will. Modeled after their idol, Darth Vader. Ben is now known as Kylo Ren.

Luke:
-Luke starts rebuilding the Jedi by first training Leia, however she quits when becoming pregnant with Ben.
-Luke years later after exploring the galaxy to learn more of the history of the Jedi and the Sith takes on a new group of students including Ben Solo.
-Confronts Ben once learning of Snoke's corruption of him and has his school wiped out and is left for dead by Ben.
-Feeling guilty for being unable to stop the cycle of the dark side from happening again Luke flees to Ahch-To, the birthplace of the Jedi, to exile himself to try to end the cycle of destruction that the Jedi always leads to.

Leia:
-Trains with Luke to become a Jedi before stepping down once becoming pregnant with Ben.
-Leia as a senator in the New Republic is branded a warmonger as she is opposed to the Republic's decision to demilitarize as she believes they underestimate the true size and threat of the First Order.
-Resigns from the senate once it leaks that her father was Darth Vader, effectively ending her political career.
-Forms the Resistance to take on the rising First Order as the Republic refuses to act and declare war on this rising threat.

Rey:
-Palpatine discovers the identity of a child that he had and sends one of his underlings to kill them and their family as they may become a possible threat to him as Luke and Leia were for Vader before he turned back to the light.
-Palpatine's child and their spouse successfully hide their daughter Rey on Jakku before being tracked down and killed by Palpatine's agent.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I think these leakers have some major beats correct, but there are things that are... off. And there is a LOT of context/important dialogue missing.

Jun 12, 2019
new Empire image seems to confirm the pointless Falcon rescue detour:

zcpnh967qip31.jpg

it seems this happens after Hux lets the heroes go. Blue light sort of indicates Falcon engine light.

I'm not a fan of this portion of the movie because it seems like a total filler where nothing drives the story forward. It also has the infamous Chewie Death Fakeout where they find out that he was in a different transporter, not the one that Rey crashed with her Hereditary Force Lightning. So basically Canto Bight of TROS.

JB1981 TBH, leaks most likely focus on the Jedi part for its worth leaking. That drives the story, the rest supports it. I mean, the only non-Jedi thing worth reporting was Lando's reveal that he lost a kid like a typical OT character (Skywalker-Solos lost Ben, Palaptine lost Rey and Lando lost Jannah) and that's a lame late-in-the-game reveal that doesn't have any interesting impact. She wants to fight. OK. Next.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
new Empire image seems to confirm the pointless Falcon rescue detour:

zcpnh967qip31.jpg

it seems this happens after Hux lets the heroes go. Blue light sort of indicates Falcon engine light.

I'm not a fan of this portion of the movie because it seems like a total filler where nothing drives the story forward. It also has the infamous Chewie Death Fakeout where they find out that he was in a different transporter, not the one that Rey crashed with her Hereditary Force Lightning. So basically Canto Bight of TROS.

JB1981 TBH, leaks most likely focus on the Jedi part for its worth leaking. That drives the story, the rest supports it. I mean, the only non-Jedi thing worth reporting was Lando's reveal that he lost a kid like a typical OT character (Skywalker-Solos lost Ben, Palaptine lost Rey and Lando lost Jannah) and that's a lame late-in-the-game reveal that doesn't have any interesting impact. She wants to fight. OK. Next.
I think this segment might be one of the top 3 I am most excited about.

Rey, Finn, and Poe together on a break in mission? That sounds extremely fun.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's happening anymore, Paxis didn't mention it at all. It was probably part of Trevorrow's draft.
If I am not mistaken didnt Ward mention it in a recent podcast that it happens when Jannah and Finn break into the flagship star destroyer to blow it up in the third act?

When Lando and Chewie come to their rescue on the Falcon to get them off the ship after they plant the bombs.

Jun 12, 2019
I think this segment might be one of the top 3 I am most excited about.

Rey, Finn, and Poe together on a break in mission? That sounds extremely fun.

Awesome. I'll use Falcon Bight as my bathroom break and you'll fill me in if anything important happens outside of Kylo killing Hux.

sphagnum Paxis leaks are not be all and end all. This image shows that Kylo reforges his mask before Falcon Bight yet reforging isn't mentioned in any of Paxis Acts. Nor is when Kylo gets Vader's mask back. So while he knows a lot, there's still stuff missing and making a full synopsis out of still rather partial info is going to create inconsistency with the finished movie. which means that, depending on whose fan you are, some things in the movie will turn out better/worse than in the leak. For example, Ben Solo's death is so stupid in the leak that I wouldn't open champagne just yet if I was the character hater. or put the black veil back in the drawer if I were the fan.

Last edited:

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Kylo-Rens-Shuttle-75256.jpg

Millennium-Falcon-75257.jpg

Now I wonder when Lando will be in the Falcon.
Resistance-Y-Wing-Starfighter-75249.jpg

I knew she would be on their side, but didn't know about this!

Jun 12, 2019
Lando is most likely going to be on the Flacon when Falcon saves Finn and Jannah after they blow up the mothership.

Zorii is total Disney + bait. A show I have no desire even to pirate.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
What's most amazing is that they managed to reproduce the throne room sequence for the fourth fucking time. ROTS and TLJ were at least unique inversions of the same premise, but this is just... Return of the Jedi.

Jun 12, 2019
You have really took a turn for the negative ha

was never fan of these new additions, tbh. So far, I haven't heard a single thing about any of them that justifies their presence in the movie. Jannah Calrissian is just stupid reveal for shock value and the fact that she is given exactly the same story as Finn is duplicating a character arc that Finn alone could've had. I mean, if she was Finn's sister as originally reported that would make things about him. But this makes it all about her, a last minute introduction, so Finn technically supports her character arc to find her father and free FO kids (which apparently Finn didn't think of until she brought it up or something).
Zorii as "the woman from Poe's past" is blatant pandering to all Poe fans who freak out at suggestion that he could be gay (including that the actor was super open to the idea) and last minute "romance" since they obviously have to minimize Finn and Rose due to Rose backlash (Jannah is practically replacing Rose as the new girl on the team) and likely won't go with Rey and Kylo romance in this movie. so it's a half-baked substitute. Not to mention that with Zorii comes completely throwaway 'we are still trying to make him our new Han" reveal that Poe was once a smuggler. Hilarious since they changed Finn's background from smuggler to storm trooper precisely to avoid repetition. Mess.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I find it alarming that virtually everything has leaked except the explanation for Sheev's survival. The man exploded. They have to explain how he is still alive.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Daisy also originally thought her parentage was explained in TFA, and I can't fathom how she believed Rey Palpatine was in there. I don't for a second think she'd deliberately lie, but I can believe she may be proved wrong about this.
Her parentage WAS explained in TFA, her parents were nobodies who abandoned her. Make no mistake, Rey Palpatine is a retcon.

Jun 12, 2019
Rey Palaptine was rumored while TFA was still in production. Also, TFA didn't explain that her parents were nobodies but that they weren't coming back (aka isn't related to Han/Luke/Leia) and her belonging is with new people she meets along the way (belong you seek is not behind you, it is ahead).

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Rey Palaptine was rumored while TFA was still in production. Also, TFA didn't explain that her parents were nobodies but that they weren't coming back (aka isn't related to Han/Luke/Leia) and her belonging is with new people she meets along the way (belong you seek is not behind you, it is ahead).
Finding new people was in reference to Luke, with whom she didn't foster a relationship at all in the very next movie.

It's almost like they didn't have a plan or something.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking the final trailer will use the Emperor's theme and show old Palpatine in the end but will save the ROTS-style regenerated Palpatine for the movie.