Star Wars In-Production Films |OT| May the Spoilers Be With You

JB1981

Oct 28, 2017
A bit weird that Rey’s parents likely died saving her but she doesn’t care about them or their last name?

JB1981

Oct 28, 2017
I really doubt her parents honored the last name Palpatine seeing how they fled into hiding. Not sure how using it would be honoring them.
The issue is, according to the leaks anyway, that Rey actually had good parents that seemingly died for her and didn’t throw her away for drinking money. So it makes her taking on another family name problematic when her birth parents died to save her.

Cheebo

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
The issue is, according to the leaks anyway, that Rey actually had good parents that seemingly died for her and didn’t throw her away for drinking money. So it makes her taking on another family name problematic when her birth parents died to save her.
I am not sure how it’s dishonoring them when they certainly did not honor their own family name.

Taking the family name would be dishonoring them more than anything.

TheXbox

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if the ever changing force ghost stuff has to do with China and their rules on ghosts in movies? Would certainly explain why the climax seems to be in so much flux as they try to get that ending that can pass censors and not piss off fans
Probably not. China doesn't fuck with Star Wars anyway.
jason doesn't believe (his personal opinion not a scoop) that Ep IX is the end or even the end for Rey. kylo falls down the abyss and he thinks there will be a movie about what's down there. That there will be Rey Jedi movie, Rey jedi Academy movie whatever they decide to call it. In 3-4 years maybe. we may get one super movie but he thinks it's about milking it. How's Rey taking Skywalker name the end of Skywalker saga?
This movie sounds like hot garbage but Rey is still alright. I'll take more of her. Maybe more of Ben if his redemption is somehow earned.