• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
New MSW podcast is up, Jason's saying Feige is taking over for KK as president after Indy 5; I have to wonder who takes over for Feige at Marvel when he's gone.

reddit summary said:
• Jason asked sources if the Star Wars roadmap at D23 was complete, was told it wasn't.
• Jason heard that Kathleen Kennedy will step down as LucasFilm president after Indiana Jones 5 but will still produce movies. Kevin Feige will run LucasFilm but will have separate divisions run by other people.
• MSW doesn't know if Wedge Antilles is in TROS. Jason heard last year that Dennis Lawson had visited the set in Pinewood multiple times. Thinks maybe he is in TRoS because of the Resistance Reborn book cover and the set visits but sources haven't confirmed anything for him.
• Jason backs up JediPaxis saying that Kylo Ren faces off against the Knights of Ren (Bespin Bulletin was the first to break Kylo v KoR). Says originally he heard that Ben gets beat up by the KoR before defeating them with the force. He's now hearing that somehow Rey gives Ben Anakin's lightsaber to take out the KoR. * Says the gist of the Palpatine line at the end of the upcoming trailer is him saying, 'Good'.
• Jason was told he was right about the opening of the film with the camera panning down to a forest planet showing Leia and Luke training then cuts to Rey and Leia training (I think JediPaxis reported this first). The source told Jason that it's not the case anymore.
• Jason feels bad and a bit like a fraud because he's saying things are changing due to reshoots.
• Says the chase sequence on Pasaana shown in the teaser happens after they're discovered at the festival. Poe hacks the speeders and they go in search of Ochi's ship.
• Jason said he doesn't know when it was changed but that Luke and Leia no longer show up to help Rey defeat Palpatine but instead a group of Jedi from the past do. The sources told Jason that they don't know who's in that line-up at this moment.
• Thinks the Ochi stuff has been really cut down and the Rey's parents stuff has - Rey's parents will be shown getting murdered on Jakku.

Also yay, fan service force ghost scene is back on the menu, boys

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So Feige will never takeover since Indy 5 is never coming out.

4RZEL9m.gif

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Feige can't have the time for the MCU, Spider-Verse films, and Star Wars

edit: Oh man the scene with young Luke and Leia training was cut? I really wanted to see that

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a bunch of Jedi that show up it'll be Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and maybe as a long shot Qui-Gon but probably not. And maybe Ben.

Maaaaybe Luke's slaughtered students.

Throw in Ahsoka!

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, from listening (I subscribe to his Patreon) the info I got was

-Initially, it was just Luke and Leia.
-JJ changed it at some point because he wanted a more epic conclusion for the saga in fighting Palpatine to bring in Jedi characters from across all previous 8 films together to face down Palpatine together.
-He doesn't know how many and which actors as that was heavily locked down but it is more than just Luke and Leia.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's not much to choose from, so unless he's just going to ignore George's statements on who becomes Force ghosts, it's not gonna be Mace Windu and Kit Fisto showing up.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's not much to choose from, so unless he's just going to ignore George's statements on who becomes Force ghosts, it's not gonna be Mace Windu and Kit Fisto showing up.
They could hand wave and have some book say the force ghost crew used their force ghosty powers to temporarily pull in others.

I got the impression from the pod it would be more than a handful so yeah I am half-expecting they pulled in Sam Jackson, Liam Neeson, etc to film for the Act 3 battle.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
JJ changed it at some point because he wanted a more epic conclusion for the saga in fighting Palpatine to bring in Jedi characters from across all previous 8 films together to face down Palpatine together.
JJ reads this thread

The craziest awesome thing they could do in this movie would be to somehow bring back the Jedi Order before Order 66 and have them be led by Anakin, Luke, and Rey in a massive Portals-esque sequence

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, sounds like JJ decided Luke and Leia fighting with Rey against Palpatine wasn't epic enough of a finale and decided to go full Endgame.

Oct 28, 2017
It better be better executed than what George did with all the Jedi because the Jedi always looked super silly fighting in a large group in the PT

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, more Jedi will show up? How many Jedi are in this movie?
On the podcast Jason said he doesn't know how many as they kept that filming locked down tight but it is more than Luke and Leia as JJ felt just having Luke and Leia fight Palpatine alongside Rey wasn't an epic enough showdown so they reworked the final battle to include Jedi from across the entire saga instead.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
On the podcast Jason said he doesn't know how many as they kept that filming locked down tight but it is more than Luke and Leia as JJ felt just having Luke and Leia fight Palpatine alongside Rey wasn't an epic enough showdown so they reworked the final battle to include Jedi from across the entire saga instead.
Ah, oh really? That's cool. Guess it's more than what we expected.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liam has been game to play Qui-Gon in media the last few years, voicing him in animation and so on and he has kept in good shape and aged well. I would be surprised if he wasn't part of this final battle now that JJ has apparently reworked and refilmed it to include more Jedi than Luke and Leia.

I would say in addition to Luke and Leia the most likely obvious ones I would expect are Obi-Wan (played by Ewan), Qui-Gon, Yoda, & obviously Anakin.

If JJ expands it out more then Mace is probably the next logical pick as Sam Jackson still looks exactly the same.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Liam has been game to play Qui-Gon in media the last few years, voicing him in animation and so on and he has kept in good shape and aged well. I would be surprised if he wasn't part of this final battle now that JJ has apparently reworked and refilmed it to include more Jedi than Luke and Leia.
Imagine Qui-Gon looking proudly on Anakin after he deals the final deal to Sidious.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just hit me that we are probably going to get Hayden as Anakin and Mark as Luke interacting on-screen together now. Oh god the emotions.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Mace isn't there they have failed. I don't expect it but all the order 66 victims showing would be amazing.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

This is really just BS.

By the time Indy 5 comes out (if it ever does) Kennedy's contract would've been done anyway. And Disney didn't fight with Sony over Feige and Spider Man for him to bail on Marvel any time soon. And there's no way Feige is going to leave Marvel, or work only part time in it, now that he gets to work with the X Men and the FF.

This new podcast from Jason is making me feel like he knows a lot less than we thought. He says it himself, to be fair, that they seem to be changing so much, that he'll look like a fraud, but honestly, he's been missing some things that he shouldn't have missed if his sources were 100% real, like Lawson's Wedge coming back.

Oct 28, 2017
What if the Jedi showing up is Rey going back to the Jedi Temple at Coruscant and they all show up there?

Movie ends with them smiling on her and her new students

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect "*jedi I like* wasn't there, movie fucking sucked" to be a common refrain come release
WHERE THE FUCK WAS COLEMAN TREBOR? KATHY KENNEDY HATES REAL FANS.

What if the Jedi showing up is Rey going back to the Jedi Temple at Coruscant and they all show up there?

Movie ends with them smiling on her and her new students
The podcast makes it clear he is talking about the battle against Palpatine.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This dude changing his story all the time + the crazy rumor about Kennedy getting fired... Not sure I still believe.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted that training sequence. Now Luke giving Rey Leia's lightsaber comes out of nowhere without having been set up.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-JJ changed it at some point because he wanted a more epic conclusion for the saga in fighting Palpatine to bring in Jedi characters from across all previous 8 films together to face down Palpatine together.
When we first learned that Palpatine would be back I joked that this was how he would be defeated.