• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
This is going to confuse audiences 10 x more than darth maul in solo lol. i think most movie watchers haven't seen the cartoons.

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to confuse audiences 10 x more than darth maul in solo lol. i think most movie watchers haven't seen the cartoons.
I mean does it really need explanation?
It's not going to be a big important detail. how the spirts are doing stuff now can be explained by a character the general audience knows if it needs to be(Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke).

Ahsoka would be just another spirit, not knowing her doesn't confuse the plot in someway.
Who Ahsoka is exactly would be even less important than Saw Gerrera in Rogue One.

Maul only confused people because the last time general audiences saw him he was cut in half falling down a hole.

Last edited:

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every character has to be someone the random audience has to understand. Ahsoka is MASSIVE among fans and her "appearance" would be a huge fan moment.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out she's actually Khan. REY KHAN.
tumblr_muiajs8l411r60h6bo3_250.gif
cPMJbvq.gif

Jun 12, 2019
It sounds like only Jedi voices (including Ahsoka) are heard but FG are not seen. Makes sense to me for FG would distract from Rey and look like a cheap Endgame knock off. this way, they encourage Rey but the spotlight is on her.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I like the idea of the force ghosts coming to aid, but the execution is really tricky and has a high likelihood of seeming really corny. Maybe it's for the best that they make the change.

Apr 19, 2018
If Force ghosts make a physical presence, I would imagine they would want to stick exclusively with the Skywalkers: Anakin, Luke, Leia, and a possibly newly deceased Ben.

Or, save Leia for the very end on Tatooine so that she can be 'reunited' with the rest of her family, effectively giving her character that final emotional send-off.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Filoni is going to murder JJ if JJ sticks in a force ghost voice Ahsoka because he'd canonize Ahsoka being dead lol.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of the force ghosts coming to aid, but the execution is really tricky and has a high likelihood of seeming really corny. Maybe it's for the best that they make the change.

Star Wars walks the line on corny. So it could work but it is going to depend on Rey's arc in the film. If the Force Ghosts do any heavy lifting it would undercut her. But a moment where they encourage, and maybe defend, Rey at her absolute weakness would be the right kind of corny. And has said many times before, if they take on Palpatine in his Spirit form, that could make sense as Rey would have done all the major work, they are just there to handle cleanup.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like total fanboy wish fulfillment. No way she's in this movie in any capacity

I could see them do the voices thing if they really want to emphasize that Rey has all the Jedi in her corner. It could be similar to that force flash she had when she touched the lightsaber in TFA. She heard Obi-Wan's voice then. A similar thing could make sense if she is so in tuned with the Force during the fight with Sheev that all these Jedi start manifesting. It wouldn't even be confusing to people that don't know Ashoka because you could just take it as one of the many Jedi from history being conjured up. For fans in deep it's a fun wink but for everyone else it's showing how important this fight is and how powerful Rey is.

Jun 12, 2019
I still have trouble figuring out why we have the Dyad concept (more powerful together than they would be individually) if it's only going to be used to rejuvenate Palpatine so that FG have to recharge Rey. FG giving Rey their power undermines the Dyad lore. So that's a lot of contradiction either in leaks or the movie itself. personally, I'd rather them do something with the Dyad than rely on cheap fan service with FG that fans are gonna hate in hindsight anyway.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
No.
In the meantime, JP posted updated leak with reshoot changes and it sounds even worse than before:

The folks have pretty much turned on JP.

The very first "rewrite" is what tells me this is bullshit. If they had enough footage of Carrie to make a Luke & Leia training sequence (which I doubted in the first place) then there is no way in hell they would cut it. It would be one of the most iconic moments of the entire franchise.

As for the voices of the Jedi at the end, your source specifically confirms fucking Asohka but no mention of ANAKIN?? Come on.
Adam Driver has gotten a haircut, lost his Kylo weight, and is in the middle of promoting Marriage Story and filming Annette in Europe. There's no way he's doing reshoots.

Mark Hamill's beard is also currently much shorter than his Luke beard, which implies he's not reshooting either.

A lot of these "reshoots" seem to just be direct responses to holes people poked in these "leaks" previously.
It really pisses me off that this crap gets stickied because the poster is a mod.
yeah, this seems much more to me like someone changing/editing a fanfiction than receiving new information. all/most plot elements that are "more confusing" or undesirable are cut or edited. can't wait to see what happens to your story once the real movie comes out.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Evidently Luke's appearance to Leia before her death has been cut out. I'm told
that this was just voiceover, so it wasn't difficult to do, but it's gone at the moment
all the same. Although there doesn't seem to be any sign of Luke during Leia's
death, I'm told that R2 is with her in her final moments.
Why. :(

My source on this tells me that it looks clear to them that it was Sideous' plan for
Rey to kill him, take over and carry on his legacy
, but sucking the life out of them
and rejuvenating himself was his contingency plan.
What

Rey reportedly lies on the ground and begins to concentrate calmly but hard. She
reaches out to the Force asking for help and she finally begins to commune with
the Jedi of the past. I'm being told that among the voices that she hears during
this time are Obi-Wan, Ahsoka among others (although these are the only names
I've specifically been told) and finally Leia.

Force ghosts are no longer seen in this scene, but it's supposedly indicated that
the Jedi or generations past are with her in spirit.
So no ghosts just voices of dead Jedi in the end?

Jun 12, 2019
I'm with you guys, this is now turning into a farce. Something is very wrong with these leaks since the movie keep getting worse and worse the more "changes" are made.

Timu It's s super-long PDF file that contains the leaks. maybe it won't work on a phone if you tried to view on the phone.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you guys, this is now turning into a farce. Something is very wrong with these leaks since the movie keep getting worse and worse the more "changes" are made.

Timu It's s super-long PDF file that contains the leaks. maybe it won't work on a phone if you tried to view on the phone.
Uh, I read the PDF already, which is why I think some people aren't going to like the finale.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt JJ would actually write Palpatine wanting to pass on power to anyone because it would be a complete betrayal of the character.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt JJ would actually write Palpatine wanting to pass on power to anyone because it would be a complete betrayal of the character.
Ward has point blank said before that Palpatine claims he wants to pass his power to Rey to try and turn her but he always intended to use her.

That Palpatine does say in the film he wants to pass things on to her but it is a ruse. This is sort of the stuff where intent is hard to really get through in these summaries.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ward has point blank said before that Palpatine claims he wants to pass his power to Rey to try and turn her but he always intended to use her.

That Palpatine does say in the film he wants to pass things on to her but it is a ruse. This is sort of the stuff where intent is hard to really get through in these summaries.
Yeah, that's perfect, that he fakes grandfatherly love.

Jun 12, 2019
leaks are trash. Not as raw info but as an attempt to create full scenes and connections between them out of partial info. Plot is trash but that's nothing new for JJ. His strength is emotional resonance...which is completely absent from the leak.

Jun 12, 2019
it's all part of JJ's notoriously lax security. TLJ didn't leak this bad because no Bad Robot. Those guys can't keep their mouths shut.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's all part of JJ's notoriously lax security. TLJ didn't leak this bad because no Bad Robot. Those guys can't keep their mouths shut.
Yep. JJ edited TFA and TROS at Bad Robot. He insists on editing there rather than Skywalker ranch. He prefers to work in LA then going to Lucasfilm in the bay.

He also filmed reshoots for TFA and TROS at Bad Robot because he has a green screen sound stage connected to his editing bay so he can call up actors to film while he is editing instead of going off somewhere to do reshoots as most films do.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the latest leaks now ?

I don't what's going on (nothing new there. LOL.)

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I read JP's update. The story seems to flow a lot better and Rey seems to be front and center, which I like a lot. But it also seems pretty unimaginative. I just hope they pull off the emotional beats.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the latest leaks now ?

I don't what's going on (nothing new there. LOL.)

It's just a bunch of the plot points being streamlined to make things seem less complicated and fetch questy, and the removal of a lot of the "weird" stuff. So instead of being given the Wayfinder by the Oracle, Kylo finds it in a chest. Instead of Kylo and Rey being a "Force Dyad", they're just really strong because of who their granddads are. Instead of Luke and Leia appearing at the end and helping Rey fight Sidious, Rey hears the voices of Force ghosts and gets motivated by them. Etc.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I will miss the giant babyhead Oracle, though I'm happy the plot no longer appears to be a chain of informants stringing set-pieces together

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If these reshoots are accurate though, I wonder how it will impact the book materials. I'm sure someone somewhere is working on a novel that deals with the Force Dyad concept or a comic that had the backstory of the Oracle and now *poof* it's all gone.

Also weird to throw in a Royal Guards fight so late in the process.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a bunch of the plot points being streamlined to make things seem less complicated and fetch questy, and the removal of a lot of the "weird" stuff. So instead of being given the Wayfinder by the Oracle, Kylo finds it in a chest. Instead of Kylo and Rey being a "Force Dyad", they're just really strong because of who their granddads are. Instead of Luke and Leia appearing at the end and helping Rey fight Sidious, Rey hears the voices of Force ghosts and gets motivated by them. Etc.
I'm not down with the removal of that stuff.

This new Disney SW just doesn't seem to be for me. *sigh* ahh well.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
If these reshoots are accurate though, I wonder how it will impact the book materials. I'm sure someone somewhere is working on a novel that deals with the Force Dyad concept or a comic that had the backstory of the Oracle and now *poof* it's all gone.

Also weird to throw in a Royal Guards fight so late in the process.

RIP, uh, *checks notes* Project Luminous