• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have no issue if rey had just been like lukes daughter

Having kids of main characters in sequals gives easy back story

And honestly I don't give a shit about mystery parents usually

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So is the leak story from a month ago still considered the real plot or has it been debunked?
SkeletalBronzeAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
New 4chan rumour that's hopefully BS is that the Emperor in ROTJ was a clone and Matt Smith is another younger clone.

Oct 28, 2017

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Its so funny that 5-6 years ago I was giddy like a kid waiting to see more adventures of Luke, Leia, and co.... and next month I guess the slow apparent death will finally be complete. These legendary characters deserved more, and so did the new characters.

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
Its so funny that 5-6 years ago I was giddy like a kid waiting to see more adventures of Luke, Leia, and co.... and next month I guess the slow apparent death will finally be complete. These legendary characters deserved more, and so did the new characters.

Hear, hear. So much potential for characters both old and new, and they all come to an unsatisfying end. All the excited speculation in the runup to TFA and now I'm just ready to be done. These films were rushed out to recoup Disney's investment with virtually no thought put into continuing the established narratives or themes and here we are. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Oct 28, 2017
Reading Resistance Reborn and Maz mentions the First Order is stealing kids, specifally targeting children of Rebel heroes and ex imperial loyalists. More credence to the leaks

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Hear, hear. So much potential for characters both old and new, and they all come to an unsatisfying end. All the excited speculation in the runup to TFA and now I'm just ready to be done. These films were rushed out to recoup Disney's investment with virtually no thought put into continuing the established narratives or themes and here we are. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.
Yep. It was really fun reading up everybody's speculation and theories leading up to TFA. That feeling of potential... and now it's been squandered.

inb4 somebody says "aschkually this is likely going to be the most critically praised and financially successful trilogy so therefore your opinion is wrong"

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017

Were you really expecting that though?

The old cast was always going to be supporting characters at best to the new cast.

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting the old gang to be front and center, but I did expect more from them than just retreads of their episode IV incarnations. Han is a smuggler again, because remember! And Leia is leading a rebellion again, except this time it's called the resistance. Just don't ask any questions about what they are resisting because it won't make sense.

Love TLJ or hate it, at least Luke went through some character progression.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

Rolling Stone: one thing you hear from people is that the character of Rey feels preternaturally gifted, even for a Jedi — that she learns things faster than, say, Luke Skywalker ever did.

JJ Abrams: Yeah, spooky, right? [Smiles] It's a fair point. It's not an accident.

-This comment leads me to believe that Rey is undoubtedly a creation of the force or Palpatine experiment
It's not an accident. That's why the last movie explicitly denies Rey's parents were noteworthy. Isn't it obvious? Palpatine was always in the cards. That's we mentioned his name exactly once. Hell, George Lucas himself engineered this. It was no accident that Vader, the Chosen One, sent to banish the Dark Side and the Sith, would kill himself to kill Palpatine, only for Palpatine to survive and for Vader's sacrifice to be meaningless. You fucking rubes. It's OBVIOUS.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It had no plan but its on track to be pretty close to being as good as the OT in the end, so it all ended up working out pretty damn well.

First two movies in this trilogy both were better than anything post-ESB so we got pretty lucky with how good the ST is all things considered.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
It's not an accident. That's why the last movie explicitly denies Rey's parents were noteworthy. Isn't it obvious? Palpatine was always in the cards. That's we mentioned his name exactly once. Hell, George Lucas himself engineered this. It was no accident that Vader, the Chosen One, sent to banish the Dark Side and the Sith, would kill himself to kill Palpatine, only for Palpatine to survive and for Vader's sacrifice to be meaningless. You fucking rubes. It's OBVIOUS.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
If Rey is Palpatine's daughter let's see how they handle this.

She's supposed to be his granddaughter.

While listening to Binge Mode Star Wars' latest podcast, it occurred to me that Rey might be the daughter of a Palpatine clone, but that grew at a normal pace. Like how Bobba is Jango's clone-son as well, so any offspring of Bobba would've been Jango's "grandchild", sort of.

Who knows. I'm now ok with every aspect of the plot expect for "never to be seen again", and even that I think there's more to it.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
She's supposed to be his granddaughter.

While listening to Binge Mode Star Wars' latest podcast, it occurred to me that Rey might be the daughter of a Palpatine clone, but that grew at a normal pace. Like how Bobba is Jango's clone-son as well.

Who knows. I'm now ok with every aspect of the plot expect for "never to be seen again", and even that I think there's more to it.
Yeah, that's what I meant.=p But wow, I wonder if that could happen. There would be more to this.

Nov 10, 2019
It had no plan but its on track to be pretty close to being as good as the OT in the end, so it all ended up working out pretty damn well.

First two movies in this trilogy both were better than anything post-ESB so we got pretty lucky with how good the ST is all things considered.
Agreed and it looks like TROS will deliver on everything ROTJ didn't and this is coming from a huge ROTJ fan.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019

It's better than the prequels but still well below the original trilogy

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Referring to Mando leak from Jason Ward about a returning character:

Obi-Wan's cutting down that super battle droid isn't he?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
New TV spot, cam quality, featuring new footage and dialog.

Seems like next week is going to be plentiful of goodies with GMA, talk show appearances etc along with the new Empire mag.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Referring to Mando leak from Jason Ward about a returning character:

Obi-Wan's cutting down that super battle droid isn't he?

I actually had a different theory today. We know he's a foundling, and he clearly wasn't part of the Mandalorian culture during the Clone Wars. It's also been heavily rumoured that Katee Sackhoff will have some role in The Mando. What if it's Bo Katan that rescues him?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
New TV spot, cam quality, featuring new footage and dialog.

Seems like next week is going to be plentiful of goodies with GMA, talk show appearances etc along with the new Empire mag.

Finally we actually see the Sith troopers in footage!

I actually had a different theory today. We know he's a foundling, and he clearly wasn't part of the Mandalorian culture during the Clone Wars. It's also been heavily rumoured that Katee Sackhoff will have some role in The Mando. What if it's Bo Katan that rescues him?
giphy.gif

Personally I think Yoda would make the most sense for story, I'm just going by the rumor. If it's Kenobi I wonder if it's to help hype up the series.

Oct 28, 2017
England
giphy.gif

Personally I think Yoda would make the most sense for story, I'm just going by the rumor. If it's Kenobi I wonder if it's to help hype up the series.

Ah, apologies, forgot you hadn't seen much of the animation side of Star Wars.

It'll probably end up being a Jedi though. Plo Koon is another possibility, as he's Filoni's favourite, but smart money is on Yoda.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
There's no alt dragon armour type leak

Like with got

God the tyrion going on trial and revealing him being a lannister spy with bran quoting the " I always bet on my family line"

So much better then what was real

Oct 25, 2017
Logically I can see it going a bunch of directions for different reasons
Bo-Katan furthers the Mandalorian element,
Yoda changes the element of the baby Yoda,
Obi-Wan is fan service but makes technical sense and kinda sets some extra excitement up for his series
Anakin would actually be an amazing choice but is technically way more effort
Ahsoka would be the highest pure fanservice choice and probably induce the most hype for the series but its technically harder to do and would likely lock a bunch of Ahsoka elements down(actress, etc) if she was likely getting used elsewhere later.
standard Mandalorians are most likely.
other Jedi are possible but would be extreme missed opportunities if it isn't a significant enough scene. Kit Fisto for example would need something good to bridge his great EU version with the sad ROTS showing.