• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Makes sense, and wow these leaks are getting more believable as more footage comes, guess he was right all along.

Palpatine: "This will be the final word in the story of Skywalker."

-Ben gets yeeted never to be seen again-

Rey: "Ben won't be the last Skywalker. I am. I am a Skywalker like the attempted nephew murdering grumpy asshole before me.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually from the post-credits scene where the ghost of Sheev is telling R2 the story of the Skywalkers.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Palpatine since jedi has learned evreything plaguis knew and more and has become Completly immortal

So rey since she can't kill him banished him to the void of space outside the galaxy

Post credit scene is 10 years later of Palpatine being found by a vong ship

Apr 19, 2018
So it looks like the latest TV spot at 0:20 lines up with the leak that Rey will find her way back to Ahch-To and have her pep talk conversation with Luke.

rey-achto.png

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
3 anakin scenes
1 of him talking to kylo during his redemption decision

Then an assist in the Palps fight

Final scene him helping kylo get out of the hole and giving Ben the motivation to live on after the fight

Also appearing with all the force ghost at the victory party 2

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Anakin shows up, it will be to drag Sheev down to Hell. Totally a missed opportunity if he never talks to Ben though.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol someone figured out that Rey is related to Palpatine in the TV ad thread.

The internet's gonna be wild after the movie comes out though.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Also MSW is saying that Ben Solo gets Force Pushed into the abyss (which makes it more likely he survives) and that he gets pushed because Palpatine has to decide between which of the two that he wants as an apprentice so of course he chooses his grand-daughter over the grandson of the man that chucked him down a pit.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody is going to have an aneurysm over this damn movie

It's just Star Wars, for the love of all that is good and Baby Yoda

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe JJ got scared of including Laim Neeson due to the racist thing from a while back. But story-wise, it's unexplainable - it's not like all the voices are limited to people Rey knows.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe JJ got scared of including Laim Neeson due to the racist thing from a while back. But story-wise, it's unexplainable - it's not like all the voices are limited to people Rey knows.

Maybe being the first Jedi (that we know of) to do the ghost thing hampers his ability to communicate to folks in the real world after a period of time.

I know Legends-wise, they had Obi-Wan yeet off at the start of the Thrawn trilogy, saying he couldn't maintain his connection to the physical world any longer.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
What a wasted opportunity if we don't see Mark Hamill interact with Hayden Christensen on screen.

99% of people watching Solo had no idea that Maul had already been revived in the canon

And I know y'all bring this stuff up as a negative, but it's 100% better than the old MCU approach of "our TV shows have no presence in our movies whatsoever"
And that's actually a negative against Solo too, it wouldn't have fit so badly if the movies actually continued on it. I avoid watching Solo within a saga marathon because of that one scene although it was cool at the time.

Marvel Studios didn't have enough control over the old TV content to legitimize it. I'm pretty happy Defenders isn't in the MCU.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Kind of disappointing that we only will get voices (and maybe an appearance at the end), although I can imagine they did this because they couldn't figure out a good way to have Force Ghost visually appear and do something meaningful during the fight.

Although they should've at least appeared to give Ben a hand or literally help Rey up.

And wtf at Ezra. Is he going to sound like he did in the show or now as an older man, and if he's older, how the hell will we tell it's him?! Da fuq.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
And that's actually a negative against Solo too, it wouldn't have fit so badly if the movies actually continued on it. I avoid watching Solo within a saga marathon because of that one scene although it was cool at the time.

Marvel Studios didn't have enough control over the old TV content to legitimize it. I'm pretty happy Defenders isn't in the MCU.

But that's my point, it was a moment for the fans. And one that's going to age pretty well in a franchise where the mainstream appeal is shifting off the movies and to the shows and games.

And it shouldn't matter if the side content itself is good or bad, it being included in the core narrative gives the setting that broader sense of worldbuilding that folks have been asking for in Star Wars.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's highly probable that whenever we get the followup to Rebels, it will be Ahsoka and Sabine + Luke on the hunt for Ezra. They'll all know each other and he'll be tied into the Skywalker story more directly.

Now what about Jacen?!

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
But that's my point, it was a moment for the fans. And one that's going to age pretty well in a franchise where the mainstream appeal is shifting off the movies and to the shows and games.

And it shouldn't matter if the side content itself is good or bad, it being included in the core narrative gives the setting that broader sense of development that folks have been asking for.
But Maul's story is done in the TV show and was already done by the time he appeared in Solo. It was just bizarre.

It wasn't just an Easter egg for the fans, he was a pretty massive part of the story behind the scenes.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
But Maul's story is done in the TV show and was already done by the time he appeared in Solo. It was just bizarre.

It wasn't just an Easter egg for the fans, he was a pretty massive part of the story behind the scenes.

You're thinking too linearly. Just because a character's story has "ended", doesn't mean they should be prevented from playing a role in a future tale if it contributes meaningfully.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Anakin appearing for Ben's "redemption" would be so good. Those two absolutely need to interact with eachother.

So Ben dies gets res'd, then gets yeeted into a pit? That's just insane if it actually is what happens.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would go a long way to differentiating this one from ROTJ's ending if Ben survives his redemption and actually has to live with what he has done, unlike Anakin.
Maybe atone for it over time.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I think it would go a long way to differentiating this one from ROTJ's ending if Ben survives his redemption and actually has to live with what he has done, unlike Anakin.
Maybe atone for it over time.

Ben Solo as a wandering ronin to atone for his life is the best way to play him and you could build so many comics or even a tv show out of it whether it be animated or live action.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This movie feels they wrote it caring only about the force plot

And they have to give story lines to Finn and Poe becuase reasons

Just go full jedi plot like the prequals and have Finn and Poe be padme level involved

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, it's just an odd decision George himself made.

I like the culture thing too. The Mandos and Sith being both a culture and race was hella convoluted.
I wish that the Sith were just a schism from the Jedi.
Yep Mandos are a culture, Jango wasn't part of it though. He was just a poser with a stolen armor.
This was coming from Almec, the Prime Minister of Mandalore, in a Clone Wars Galaxy. He might be telling the truth, but he has a vested interest in distancing (Pacifist) Mandalore from a violent mercenary that was the Father of the Clone Army. Still, nothing is clearly contradicting Almec so it's all we got.
It's ambiguous as the PM has an interest in lying.
Almec is a lying motherfucker.

Do you guys really trust someone that got into bed with Maul ?

According to that vid. Jango (and be extenion Bobby) became a true MAN-DO (love the way Carl Weathers says it. LOL)
Wait. So Ezra is dead ? šŸ˜ž