• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
There's been more than enough time since then to record his voice

You know the fact that it happened probably still hasn't changed since then for the risk-averse Disney? The unchecking doesn't go back on after like two weeks. Gotta give that some space. Gunn was like 8-9 months. And now they're like, "Who gives a goddamn? We gotta finish this damned film."

Apr 19, 2018
So they spoiled Rey returning to the island

rey-achto.png

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When they were shooting, he was on a junket talking about hunting the streets, so yeah... Disney probably unchecked that one.

Liam probably sent a thank you gift basket to Jussie Smollett, because the news of him faking his physical assault broke like a couple days after Liam's interview and completely killed the media's coverage of it. Hell, this forum more or less forgot about it as well.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liam probably sent a thank you gift basket to Jussie Smollett, because the news of him faking his physical assault broke like a couple days after Liam's interview and completely killed the media's coverage of it. Hell, this forum more or less forgot about it as well.
Even if the Jussie stuff hadn't happened. People would have immediately forgotten about it. Because they don't care.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Is anyone else annoyed about the lightsabers in these three films being only two colors for 99% of them?
It's only and always Anakin's blue and Kylo Ren's red.
For a combined maximum of 30 seconds in TLJ we see Luke's green, but that's it. And if the leaks are true Rey's yellow will be shown right before the end credits...

Why couldn't at least Luke show up with his classic green on Crait? Why is the refit of Anakin's in TROS trailers still blue - why couldn't Rey at least try to build a new one?
Here's hoping Rey will construct her own a fair time before the climax, so we can actually see it action.

Only blues and reds are boring.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see other colours too but Luke having his green one on Crait wouldn't have made as much sense. That's him symbolically taking the lightsaber he refused in the beginning of the movie.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see other colours too but Luke having his green one on Crait wouldn't have made as much sense. That's him symbolically taking the lightsaber he refused in the beginning of the movie.
While i understand the symbolism.

I would have preferred he not have a lightsaber at all, when he faced Kylo.

Nov 13, 2017

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like that is one of the bigger question marks that is still outstanding from this. I am, of course, assuming that they are planning on explaining it in the film.
JJ gave us "A good question for another time" rather than explain one of the more head-scratching plot points of TFA and I expect he'll do something similarly hand-wavy to explain Palpatine's survival.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The Snoke thing works for me. I feel like there was some early rumors/speculation that pointed to Snoke being a host for Sheev's spirit when it was still thought Matt Smith was playing his latest host. It's pure Dark Empire, but it works.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll buy that. Snoke being a clone of The Emperor.
Still - how will they explain The Emperor being blown to smithereens in ROTJ ?
Both of these sound great.

I would love it if Snoke was a clone of Plagueis to be used as Palpatine's puppet as a twisted joke.
I don't mind this being the solution to the Snoke question. But I do hope there's a little exposition to accompany it too.

For the record, MSW has gotten several things wrong now and has been way more unreliable than Paxis from which most of the important leaks have come from

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure most of Jason's leaks have so far turned out true for this movie, and lined up with Paxis.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm pretty sure most of Jason's leaks have so far turned out true for this movie, and lined up with Paxis.

Several haven't. Jason was the guy that was pushing for Kylo being possessed by Palpatine as the climax.

In fact, Paxis and MSW had different climaxes in mind.

I'll buy that. Snoke being a clone of The Emperor.
Still - how will they explain The Emperor being blown to smithereens in ROTJ ?

Actually from what I'm reading, he doesn't seem to be a clone of Palpatine but he is cloning Snokes.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
If they turn Snoke into a Palpatine clone I'm going to scream at the screen, it sounds fucking lame.

In the novelization of the force awakens he has much longer dialogues and he clearly says he saw the rise and fall of the empire, implying he was an old threat who may have waited for Palatine to disappear to seize power, which he would later do by taking the First Order from Sloane.

The clone card sound so dumb I can't believe it's real.

Oct 25, 2017
If they turn Snoke into a Palpatine clone I'm going to scream at the screen, it sounds fucking lame.

In the novelization of the force awakens he has much longer dialogues and he clearly says he saw the rise and fall of the empire, implying he was an old threat who may have waited for Palatine to disappear to seize power, which he would later do by taking the First Order from Sloane.

No dumber than how they already used and wasted him.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

It implied that, a bit, but it was so vague it can easily be retconned to just be Palpatine himself,through Snoke, saying he saw the rise and fall of the Empire.

Plus, the novelization isn't canon if it's contradicted by the movies. That's always been the rule. Like how Rey and Poe meet in TFA's novelization too, but it the films they don't meet until TLJ.

Even some of the deleted scenes and novelizations in the OT change a lot of important details that are not considered canon.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Biggest hole in the Palpatine = Snoke theory is that Snoke was going to kill Rey.

Yeah, which is why I think that Snoke clone scene implies Snoke was a puppet of Palpatine but not Palpatine himself.

Although it's likely also that a Palpatine/Snoke didn't know Rey was her grandkid.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Basically says the Ben thrown into abyss thing isn't exactly accurate. That Ben willfully scarifies himself and allows Palpatine to toss him to save Rey and distract Palps.

Says he hears it was tweaked in the reshoots to make Kylo's death more of a self-sacrifice, a sacrifice out of love for Rey.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo's life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I'm told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to "rise" and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an "X" with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious' lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo's selfless sacrifice
Ben's last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben's compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo's final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.

Last edited:

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I like that change.

I have completely turned on these leaks to be more positive and I am so excited to see how it gets pulled off.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
He posted it in the story, but I can't stop laughing that he just reused his same idea from Fallen world.

Because you know what's better than a third act climatic battle in a house. TWO third act climatic battles featuring houses

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The non-Hangouts thread is of courses saying "WOW COLINS IDEA WAS AMAZING, NO WONDER TROS IS HORRIBLE" and other such nonsense.

This thread is so much saner.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that people aren't entirely happy with the leaks about TROS, but they at least all sound better than an entire sub-plot of a film being kylo chasing Rey across the galaxy because he wanted her to be evil.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I'm really happy about the direction that JJ took IX in.

It seemed like JJ clearly meant for Rey to be someone special in The Force Awakens. The idea of her actually being a nobody made TFA a worse, less interesting movie for me. It definitely seemed like she was hidden on Jakku for a purpose. And while her being Luke's daughter was what I wanted the most, her being a Palpatine descendent is more interesting than being a hidden Skywalker or Solo. IX wasn't going to work well with just Kylo Ren as main antagonist, and The Emperor really ties the whole saga together.