• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker landed in theaters, it came with the implication that the Skywalker Saga had come to an end, with the cast regularly hinting that they were moving on from the franchise seemingly dashing all hope of seeing the beloved characters again, but when IDW Entertainment relaunches Star Wars Adventures in May, fans will get to see the adventures of Rey, Poe, and Finn after the events of that film.

Star Wars Adventures #1 is described, "An exciting new era begins! Each issue in this monthly series will feature two stories starring all your favorite Star Wars characters! In the wake of the events of The Rise of Skywalker, Rey, Poe, and Finn aren't finished fighting the First Order. Plus, an all-new tale of everyone's favorite droid bounty hunter from [Star Wars:] The Empire Strikes Back ⁠— IG-88! (With apologies to 4-LOM.)"

The book will be written by Michael Moreci and feature framing sequences by Derek Charm. A new artist will illustrate each issue, which includes Arianna Florean, Megan Levens, Valentina Pinto, Davide Tinto, and Philip Murphy. The covers of each issue will be crafted by Charm.

More at: https://comicbook.com/starwars/2020...res-rey-poe-finn-the-rise-of-skywalker-ig-88/

Lose the star wars if old

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
That kind of makes sense.

I still think there's an opportunity for that City 17 Coruscant movie, one last battle with the formation of a treaty and a new Alliance. An epilogue.

The First Order can deny that their supreme leader was ever killed and rally behind a masked Mandarin-type leader who claims to be Kylo Ren but of course isn't.

Finn leads a stormtrooper rebellion in partial stormtrooper armour with a lightsaber.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the IDW comics are probably the easiest to erase from canon since they're always irrelevant side stories without any meaningful development (unlike the in-house Marvel comics).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they aren't. The entire First Order was still spread throughout the galaxy at the end of the movie. Only that one ship traveled back into the Uknown Region to join the Sith Fleet. The rest of the FO was still out there.

And yet they're all celebratory at the end. The film made zero sense.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the IDW comics are probably the easiest to erase from canon since they're always irrelevant side stories without any meaningful development (unlike the in-house Marvel comics).

I started to feel that way about most of the novels they've dropped too. They really don't let them do anything too bold for fear of the movies or characters they might want to use in the future.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That comic is going to squeeze every bit of juice possible from the Trevorrow script.

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course they aren't. The entire First Order was still spread throughout the galaxy at the end of the movie. Only that one ship traveled back into the Uknown Region to join the Sith Fleet. The rest of the FO was still out there.

The funny thing is that's the post-ROTJ scenario they spent a bunch of time finally bringing to a close with the supplemental stuff (since the Empire wouldn't have just vanished post-Endor, Emperor or no Emperor) culminating with the battle of Jakku.

Now we're back where we started when we ended.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

They showed a Holdo maneuver performed over Endor, indicating that how the Galaxy Fleet gathered to fight on Exegol, the galaxy stood up against the FO everywhere.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I was hyped but then I saw it was Adventures.

Call me when they do this but over on the Marvel side.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars adventures comic have never had anything impactful to canon iirc. They are pretty worthless in the end. They are meant for young children.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rey just got shoved Luke's story so there's nowhere else to go.

Finish off the Empire, rebuild Jedi order, again, except with a cast you don't give two shits about.

Then somehow, Palpatine returns.

This is Star Wars now.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Should've left Kylo Ren alive, huge mistake not to continue his story and path to redemption. It would be like a reverse prequel trilogy where instead of watching Anakin fall, we see Ben Solo struggle to rise and find his place after the events of the movie.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Good. The Sequel Trilogy already negated pretty much every accomplishment made in the prior two trilogies so I don't see why the new generation should get a completely happy ending. Let the cynical status quo continue!

Oct 27, 2017

If 2014 didn't prove to you that everything other than the movies can be erased easily, then I have some movie tie in books to sell you.

Cantaloup

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if you are young enough then these characters are your Star Wars. Just like the Prequels were for the prior generation. I still remember seeing SW in 1978, so those wars are my star wars.

Are kids into this trilogy to the same degree as the older ones?

We liked original Star Wars because it was good; it was not automatically good just because it was Star Wars.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The funny thing is that's the post-ROTJ scenario they spent a bunch of time finally bringing to a close with the supplemental stuff (since the Empire wouldn't have just vanished post-Endor, Emperor or no Emperor) culminating with the battle of Jakku.

Now we're back where we started when we ended.
And it will be undone again when they eventually want to do episode X

Oct 25, 2017
"Beloved" and "favorite" characters? ... Really?
I mean there's no reason to be an asshole about it. Just because they're not your favorites doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to like shit. These characters are beloved and favorite to some people.My SO didn't really grow up watching the OT/PT, watched them much later in life, and the ST ended up being her favorite era. And I see a lot of little girls dressed as Rey at Galaxy's Edge who will probably grow up viewing these characters as beloved favorites. In 10-15 years you'll just be the old man yelling at the cloud.

Oct 27, 2017
I started to feel that way about most of the novels they've dropped too. They really don't let them do anything too bold for fear of the movies or characters they might want to use in the future.

The only reason the EU novels that actually pushed the story forward (Thrawn, NJO, etc) were ever allowed to happen is because George Lucas was resigned to the fact that he was never going to make sequel movies. That won't happen ever again.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not surprising and it's no different than post RotJ in both legends and canon.

Someone also pointed out that it could be taking place between the celebration and Rey visiting the Lars homestead at the end of TROS.

"Beloved" and "favorite" characters? ... Really?
Believe it or not there are people out there (myself included) who like these characters.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The notion that the star wars will never end and that there will always be a fight between the light and the dark side is actually quite hopepunk

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Are kids into this trilogy to the same degree as the older ones?

We liked original Star Wars because it was good; it was not automatically good just because it was Star Wars.

We liked it because we had never really seen anything like it before. It blew our minds. It inspired generations of kids, just as Star Trek did in the 60s.

My own kids liked these movies good enough. Much of that coming from my own love of SW. But they will probably look back at the last 10 years and identify more with the Marvel movies than anything else.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Guess who's back?... Again?"
hqdefault.jpg

The Dead Speak Even Louder!

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, that secret order we never knew about, The Finale Order. Now with even more final.