• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the Second Order came out of their secret space and blew up the New New Republic with their New New New New Death Star.

Now old Rey, old Finn and old Poe have to guide the new generation to finish the fight that they never could.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I started to feel that way about most of the novels they've dropped too. They really don't let them do anything too bold for fear of the movies or characters they might want to use in the future.

This is why I tend to stick with the Clone Wars era novels. Stuff like the Thrawn trilogy, Ahsoka, Dark Disciple, A New Dawn, even Lords of the Sith are all really good & since they deal with an era where most of those characters fates have been decided; they can sort of do whatever they want & have fun introducing new things while enjoying our favorites go on cool adventures.

The novels set after ROTJ or during the new trilogy are ones I really don't care much for because they're all so constrained by the chance these characters might be in a movie or TV show going forward.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Onward comes the Vaazhun Yong, space lizards from the Deep Core who introduce a genophage to wipe out midichlorians.
How do you feel about blinged out space otters?

qkepWcBiIAQScACeNxeME42ZK76D8hcNO_RK4k-qDr4.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Rey, Poe and Finn.

Rey, Poe and Finn.

Hang on, I feel like something's missing there. I feel like there was some kind of obscure, not-much-talked-about entry in the Star Wars canon where there was another member of the squad. What was her name... Rachel? Roberta? Ro...

Nah, must have been my imagination.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
According to someone trusted by the good people at r/StarWarsLeaks, the solicitation is poorly worded and the series does NOT take place after The Rise of Skywalker.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
According to someone trusted by the good people at r/StarWarsLeaks, the solicitation is poorly worded and the series does NOT take place after The Rise of Skywalker.

I mean, who knows but logically I'd believe that this won't be the case. There's no way Lucasfilm would allow the first thing post TROS to be shown on Adventures, that'd be ridiculous.

If we see these characters again in the comics, it's gonna be set between TLJ and TROS.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused as to why this isn't being published by Marvel?

Disney/Lucasfilm lets IDW do the kids oriented Star Wars comics for some reason. They probably view it as a branding issue. Likewise, Disney publishes the kids Star Wars books through its own label but Del Rey publishes the adult oriented ones.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Disney/Lucasfilm lets IDW do the kids oriented Star Wars comics for some reason. They probably view it as a branding issue. Likewise, Disney publishes the kids Star Wars books through its own label but Del Rey publishes the adult oriented ones.

oh, I didn't realize it was going to be targeted at younger audiences. Will it be canon?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh, I didn't realize it was going to be targeted at younger audiences. Will it be canon?

Yep, everything is canon unless it's marked as Legends. But the IDW comics have a sillier tone sometimes, so it's easiest to sort of handwave away the specifics while accepting the general story that's told as canon.

For example, in one of the early IDW comics, Finn tricks Kylo Ren into thinking he's talking to Phasma by putting her helmet on a mop and poking it around a corner.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, everything is canon unless it's marked as Legends. But the IDW comics have a sillier tone sometimes, so it's easiest to sort of handwave away the specifics while accepting the general story that's told as canon.

For example, in one of the early IDW comics, Finn tricks Kylo Ren into thinking he's talking to Phasma by putting her helmet on a mop and poking it around a corner.
Even as someone who loves that everything is canon, I'm not sure why they feel like the Adventures comics have to be "canon". More so because they're obviously not treated as such when nothing from them shows up in the books or other comics.

And it's not like the little kids who're read them care that they're "canon". These end up being canon in name only, so I guess in the end it doesn't really matter if they're canon or not.