• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Guess who's back?... Again?"
hqdefault.jpg

The Dead Speak Even Louder!

The Dead Shout!

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Since this is literally just ROTJ again its only natural it should end up having the same EU stories that Legends did.

Sheev returns again in a clone body.
Chewy gets killed by the moon.
Rey becomes Ultra Insinct Jedi.
A new guy called Admiral Thrawk fights the Neo New Republic.
Yuuzan Vong.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
They didn't cast a bunch of younger actors so they could just be done with them. You'll be seeing them again in a future film.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I am very uninterested in the idea of seeing the First Order continue on as a stand-in for the Empire, unless they are actually planning to change the paradigm instead of simply repeating the same old song and dance with different names.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
At last, the Finaler Order will reveal their top top weapon, "Galaxy Murderer Outpost", which has the power to eliminate 5 galaxys at once

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Emperor Palpatine returns as Emperor Palpapalpatine aka the one whose name should not should be not should be spoken

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, all they did was blow up a bonus fleet. The entirety of the First Order's ACTUAL fleet still exists.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Should've left Kylo Ren alive, huge mistake not to continue his story and path to redemption. It would be like a reverse prequel trilogy where instead of watching Anakin fall, we see Ben Solo struggle to rise and find his place after the events of the movie.

Wouldn't that have been an interesting ending. Basically the reverse of RoS ending- Rey suddenly dies reviving Kylo, who collapses after they finished Palpatine together, have the same kiss etc. First he screams in sorrow...then rage?.. as dark force lightning flashes around and things look like they will go badly. Then he sees mom, dad, Luke, and calms down, he can't do this any more. Time to live with what he did, and move on the best he can as Ben Solo, as he leaves alone, to find himself. - the rise of an actual Skywalker again. None of the weird "I'm Rey.....Skywalker" stuff.

I didn't hate ROS as is, but man, this has WAY more possibility.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
they've been fighting the Empire for 50+ years at this point. let them end

Plum

May 31, 2018
That was the plan, I'm sure, but they've all said no to returning though so it'll probably be a while

Maybe they could get them all back for the next trilogy!

Rey could be a guilt-ridden failure hiding out on Tic-tahch-to
Finn could be the new leader of The Opposition
Poe could be selling drugs again

They could show them off in advertising to appeal to nostalgia. And to not overshadow the new characters have them all be nothing but support characters who have had every single one of their successes reverted due to the cynical desire for more conflict.

It's genius!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
That was the plan, I'm sure, but they've all said no to returning though so it'll probably be a while
I'm sure Disney isn't banking on revisiting the ST cast for like 10 years anyway. Plenty of time for the cast to recharge their batteries.

This is like when Daniel Craig said on the Spectre press tour that he'd rather kill himself than do another Bond movie, and everyone took that literally. When you're asked in the middle of doing press (which is tiring and tedious in its own right) if you want to do another movie after having just spent several years making all these other movies already, not surprising that some actors would feel really unenthusiastic about that idea. But if Harrison Ford could be talked into doing another Star Wars movie -- a franchise he never really liked to begin with -- then Daisy and Boyega definitely could.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People shit on New Jedi Order alot (and rightly so, for many reasons) but holy fucking shit, give me the Edgelord S&M Vong over yet ANOTHER rebels vs empire bullshit again...

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't cast a bunch of younger actors so they could just be done with them. You'll be seeing them again in a future film.

Nah, you won't. These comics aren't even canon, since Marvel isn't doing them. It's merchandising for fans, but nothing at all about the future of the franchise should be gleaned from these.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
People shit on New Jedi Order alot (and rightly so, for many reasons) but holy fucking shit, give me the Edgelord S&M Vong over yet ANOTHER rebels vs empire bullshit again...
I sort of wish the sequel trilogy did a reimagining of the Vong.

I think they're a really great concept that just needs to be ironed out.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out on Star Wars (except maybe video games) from here on out... Sorry, but I've spent my entire life watching these things just because of cultural importance and have enjoyed maybe two of the movies.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm fine with this, it makes sense realistically, and I feel like we lost a lot of similar stories with the EU.

I imagine we won't see a fully canon continuation of Rey/Finn/Poe for awhile, because Lucasfilm will have to decide on what format to take it in. Ideally they come back to them in 5-10 years after regaining their footing, and do more movies.

I am very uninterested in the idea of seeing the First Order continue on as a stand-in for the Empire, unless they are actually planning to change the paradigm instead of simply repeating the same old song and dance with different names.

The First Order is theoretically unique, insofar as they are running around subjugating worlds instead of having any of their own, trying to weasel in where the New Republic was weak to gain control instead of actually having run any sort of government themselves to begin with. They're also more fanatical, which could make them more dangerous in the last gasps than the Empire or Separatists were.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
They could just republish the ones done after RoTJ. A simple search and replace all for several key characters and replace Empire with Second Final Order and it works.