• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Rey with her Jakku hairdo back makes me think it's Jakku. Poe's Nathan Drake costume is baller. This movie's gonna be a good time, I can feel it.
The Force is strong with this one..
I would love for it to be Tatooine as it has been the foundation of the Skywalker family and how Vader and Luke have served as driving forces behind Rey and Kylo both in terms of training and blood relation (for Kylo).
Hmm. Tatooine would be very interesting. But Jakku seems to make far more sense for Rey if we're echoing the past two trilogies (hero returning home). But you could still do Tatooine for sure. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Oct 25, 2017
We're a trailer away from most of the "TLJ turned me off from Star Wars forever" people changing their mind.

Oh God, that pic is gonna get a lot of use by the crazy shippers isn't it? Lol
It ends with a three-way.

tumblr_o1ucroAMXS1rn50t5o1_500.gif

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I feel like there hasn't been a « true » Star Wars movie since TFA and that episode IX will be the sequel I've been waiting for since.

Weird feeling. And I loved Rogue One but ...

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Goddamn. So many emotions. I'm not ready to say goodbye to these three. Some of my favorite characters in all of SW :'-(

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, for all the shit JJ gets, some criticisms fair, I can't even imagine this sort of undertaking by him and the crew. Almost a thankless job.

I get giddy like a child watching the start of Force Awakens.
Thankless? The man is pocketing millions of dollars as a thank you for his job. Being a director of a Star Wars film is anything but thankless.

Oct 25, 2017
Thankless? The man is pocketing millions of dollars for his job. Being a director of a Star Wars film is anything but thankless.
There are people that insist all he does is copy paste things. Thankless in the sense some people don't even acknowledge what he brings to movies as a director.

Same with Rian, "lol expectations subverted" is the easy joke, "destroyed everything JJ set up" despite many of TLJs decisions were definitely set up in TFA.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I hope one day we get more movies with these characters.

I'd like to see another trilogy with those three. Not that 'trilogy' is required here, but they're really good characters, and I'd like to see more of them without having ties to the OT, necessarily.

And this is coming from someone that didn't want thing to go the way they went with Luke.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'd like to see another trilogy with those three. Not that 'trilogy' is required here, but they're really good characters, and I'd like to see more of them without having ties to the OT, necessarily.

And this is coming from someone that didn't want thing to go the way they went with Luke.
I'd love this

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Please tell me Rey isn't still using that staff she had in TFA, (can see the tip of it behind poe)

Give us double bladed lightsaber! Rey deserves one

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see were it leaves Episode X. I do wonder if these characters will end up being that interesting to continue with but hopefully JJ makes something of them that makes us want to see them again because right now, not really.
I don't see X appearing in the 2020ies. We know they have two new trilogies planned away from the main Saga.

If they do make X one day, I hope they follow the same structure: old characters becoming suporting roles for new heroes.