• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still my favorite picture of my boy Finn. Nothing since then has hyped me up more than this image lol. Hope he ends the trilogy on a high note.
I imagine the final scene is him marrying Rose on Yavin 4 in this exact setup

Screen-Shot-2012-09-27-at-5.26.27-PM.png

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
If JJ saves this trilogy he should be considered the GOAT because the situation now is just a massive clusterfuck of a shitshow.
There has never been a unanimous opinion on Star Wars. What would indicate that he saved the trilogy? If its everyone agreeing that the movie is good that ain't happening.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
LOL. What a swerve. Still undecided as to whether it was genius or reckless. Have to admire the audacity of it but the tonal whiplash is crazy. Last Jedi reminded me a bit of The Matrix Reloaded where the movie just says NOPE to everything you were expecting.

There are ways of subverting expectations in storytelling that the lightsaber toss could have been a good example of, but then the film chooses to run with that and employ it as a device for the whole thing, in what feels like an attempt to take any thematic resolution or further buildup to a finale and replace it with: "oh you thought you'd get some payoff to that thi-well fuck you buddy! I'm going a different route. What route you may ask? Well fuck you for wanting some substantial answers to previously established plot points, tension and questions".

source.gif

Good shit haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Still my favorite picture of my boy Finn. Nothing since then has hyped me up more than this image lol. Hope he ends the trilogy on a high note.
I just wish he was treated better as character in the last two movies :/ Atm he feels really sidelined.
Even if he isnt a jedi ,it wouldnt have been cool to explore the whole brainwashing and kidnapping thing he and the other storm troopers went thru. It just feels a bit like wasted potential for a plotpoint

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Finn and Poe have something important to do (never mind giving them more character development), it will already be better than Return of the Jedi.

Outside of the scenes with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor... that movie's kind of not good.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
As long as Finn and Poe have something important to do (never mind giving them more character development), it will already be better than Return of the Jedi.

Outside of the scenes with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor... that movie's kind of not good.
never agreed with that. I love RotJ.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darth Vader was fused into a suit of armour that kept him alive...

Rey is supposed to have gone on a sweeping journey full of broad and decisive character change. She'd do well to have her attire reflect that.

I guess she just has a thing for pastel colors and flowy outfits.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How big is the Death Star in this one?

We can laugh but makes you think what are the stakes for this film, what is the big thing the rebels need to take down?

I'm going to guess we see the First Order invading here there and everywhere but no super weapon, it's just a desperate all out war and the resistance need to cut the head off the snake, perhaps lure Kylo to Tatooine for a stand off with the history of his grand father, uncle on that planet and his insecurity still there in the end. I think that's what Rey will pull to get him away from the all out war fight so they can end it. Maybe Kylo sees the humble beginnings they both had and turns to the light side long enough to end the war.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we'll see. I was just mostly responding to the claim that Vader wearing the same getup is the same as the protagonist doing the same. I mean, yeah, Rey does get a new outfit in TLJ after all. I'm just bracing for the JJ regression to safety across the board.
They obviously have similarities between them all but they're all different enough that you really can't confuse them.
CJIALinm.jpg
6ufNOtYm.jpg
vvMdzTVm.jpg

And the leaked costume art, which we can see in the image JJ posted.
T6ExtSr.png

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God bless JJ. I'm confident this is going to be a great movie. I need to cleanse the bad taste off my mouth.

Last edited:

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
They obviously have similarities between them all but they're all different enough that you really can't confuse them.
CJIALinm.jpg
6ufNOtYm.jpg
vvMdzTVm.jpg

T6ExtSr.png

I also think it makes sense for Rey's outfit to harken back to her original one. Rey's arc has been about embracing her identity as a "nobody", not throwing it away. I think her costuming reflects that journey.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
CJIALinm.jpg
6ufNOtYm.jpg
vvMdzTVm.jpg

T6ExtSr.png
I like her TLJ one a lot. The one on the far right. It's a great blend of darker colors while still being true to the original TFA one.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man can't we just look forward to a movie and post about our thoughts on how it all was AFTER it comes out? We literally have no clue about what happens in the movie apart from some tidbits of leaked info.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
giphy.gif

Hopefully JJ doesn't include another Leia Poppins-like moment. It was probably the first time going to a cinema where I could hear the audience be shocking silent with concern one moment, and erupt in laughter the next. Don't think that was the desired effect they were going for.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for the film, TFA had real character and great characters, hoping for more of the same, on an epic scale for this finale. Cannot wait!

Yeah, as much as TFA was a rehash of ANH, Rey, Finn, and Poe, and their dynamics were what really made it an enjoyable film for me. I'm not really all that interested in this trilogy after TLJ, but I do hope JJ can find a way to salvage whatever story he originally wanted to tell.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda don't like the fashions of this current trilogy. It's mostly very boring. When Rey changed from her pretty cool-looking Rebel outfit to the more traditional Jedi garb I was a little disappointed, tbh.

Nov 1, 2017
DFW, Texas
giphy.gif

Hopefully JJ doesn't include another Leia Poppins-like moment. It was probably the first time going to a cinema where I could hear the audience be shocking silent with concern one moment, and erupt in laughter the next. Don't think that was the desired effect they were going for.
At my showing, It was the one time where the heckler guy cracking jokes in the middle of a movie nailed it with a loud "I'm Mary Poppins ya'll" and everyone started cracking up.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

I liked TLJ, but this was definitely one of the low points. Some people in my theater were also having a bout of nervous laughter.

Chris Best

Dec 10, 2017
giphy.gif

My God. Been a huge fan since the originals and this is the only one I needed to see once.