• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I am still in "wait and see" mode until reviews are out, but definitely cautiously optimistic!

May 10, 2019
tenor.gif

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I am doing my part: I very rarely pre-order games. The last two that I did? ME: Andromeda (OH NO!) and No Man's Sky (divisive at launch, to say the least!)

Despite being very excited about Fallen Order, I am not pre-ordering it, and you all can thank me for not putting my hex on it when it turns out great.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why some of you are having a serious change of heart for the game, I mean nothing they've said and shown since it's reveal has changed, everything the guy mentioned here was spoken about in interviews and impressions. Yes some of the finer details were released during the preview event but Respawn never denied it's Soul-ish inspiration.

That game sounds amazing since it's reveal, I'm puzzled as to how anyone thought there's been a shift in the game's offering.

Perhaps it's the anti-EA sentiment, but it might be time to reflect on how such knee jerk reactions can end up working against yourselves.

Game has always been day one for me. It's the SW experience I've been waiting for since KoToR.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why some of you are having a serious change of heart for the game, I mean nothing they've said and shown since it's reveal has changed, everything the guy mentioned here was spoken about in interviews and impressions. Yes some of the finer details were released during the preview event but Respawn never denied it's Soul-ish inspiration.

That game sounds amazing since it's reveal, I'm puzzled as to how anyone thought there's been a shift in the game's offering.

Perhaps it's the anti-EA sentiment, but it might be time to reflect on how such knee jerk reactions can end up working against yourselves.

Game has always been day one for me. It's the SW experience I've been waiting for since KoToR.
Media outlets hype games for clicks, there is a huge difference when someone who's got no strings to anything gives impressions on a game, this is why.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
almost nothing new in those impressions if you've followed the previews. My excitement was at 0 after the first gameplay but hearing the developers talk about the structure of the game and some of the previews have definitely increased my interest.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

The first video reveal was underwhelming to most people (especially since they advertised is as high level play). The way they announced the game by sitting in the audience and just saying it was coming with no logo or video. All sorts of things have been messed up in the marketing of this.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Respawn themselves said that they weren't happy with how E3 was handled, and they've handled things better since then. That being said, I preordered it day one.

Oct 25, 2017

Everything they showed up to the story trailer looked awful to me. That is worth more than interviews and written previews saying it's good. There are a bunch of 90+ on Metacritic games that I think are trash, so other people liking things I don't like isn't anything new.

Then, since that story trailer the game looked great and I'm interested. It's not that complex.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my lord, imagine if this game gets a higher metascore than DS. 👀

It will, death stranding is a very decisive game. You can see that alone in the design, it's definitely not meant for everyone. But it doesn't take away what it has accomplished. Star Wars reviews will be more tight due to its design......I expect it to rate higher

I'm just glad I can finally spend a good month+ playing two great and very different games

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Man, I'm legit hyped for this, It comes out two days after my birthday but I won't be able to get it until way later (I'm still secretly hoping I will win the era giveaway hahah), maybe I'll be able to jump in with premier plus, will see. But after all the previews it looks like the SW game I was waiting for :D

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Thats a bit too much hyperbole for me to take seriously. Everything about the game is AWESOME!!! I'm hoping its good and that last trailer was way better than anything before but this sounds like the kind of review you get from early test screenings of a movie.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Thats a bit too much hyperbole for me to take seriously. Everything about the game is AWESOME!!! I'm hoping its good and that last trailer was way better than anything before but this sounds like the kind of review you get from early test screenings of a movie.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it kinda reminds me of when the reveal for 2015 Battlefront came out, and no one thought that the final graphics could look that good, and they did.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I'm not saying you're wrong, but it kinda reminds me of when the reveal for 2015 Battlefront came out, and no one thought that the final graphics could look that good, and they did.

This is an opposite situation a bit though right? Every preview I've seen I don't think the graphics look impressive at all and have a very early CG lighting look to them where the skin textures look flat. Granted it might really come together when you're actually playing it but the visuals have never seemed like a strong point for the game. Kid just sound deservedly excited for getting the chance to play a game early.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Good to hear more validation after the stellar previews. I'm super hyped for this, in fact I think pokemon might have to wait a bit.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This is an opposite situation a bit though right? Every preview I've seen I don't think the graphics look impressive at all and have a very early CG lighting look to them where the skin textures look flat. Granted it might really come together when you're actually playing it but the visuals have never seemed like a strong point for the game. Kid just sound deservedly excited for getting the chance to play a game early.

Sorry, I meant in general, saying that x can't be/ won't be that good. Saying that I think the graphics are good, and apparently people that have played it, say it's a gorgeous game (as in game reviewers, not just the Reddit person lol).

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Man the decision to get this or Pokemon is hard.

I'll probably end up getting Pokemon since this should go on sale sooner, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if I ended up liking this game more. It seems to be doing so much right.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lastly I would say this is a very un "EA" type game so far. Obviously there's alot of EA bad sentiment around, and refreshingly there is no "buy this DLC" or use X currency to purchase this here, type things on the menu screen. That may all change come day 1, but so far it's a refreshingly non micro transaction affair.

Huuu

Not surprising after current Battlefront II ? Every single update is free and significant, no paid DLC. Not even cosmetics.

They have been on damage control and doing things right after the huge backlash. Not sure about their other games but at least SW is doing better.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Media outlets hype games for clicks, there is a huge difference when someone who's got no strings to anything gives impressions on a game, this is why.

Ehh..you could also make an argument people will hate on something for clicks. In fact that tends to get more clicks in general. But there were only a few outlets who weren't as glowing about the game as everyone else. I think the fact what rhe redditer has said matches up with what the media has said just means people were honestly impressed with the game

In fact most of the media was just as underwhelmed with the game as Era before the preview event. Edge and Gameinformer were some of the few outlets who saw its potential early on

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, I don't understand why, if people seem to love Fallen Order, they're shills, but if they dislike Death Stranding, they're idiots etc etc.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Deluxe Edition - Can you earn that shit in-game too? Or is it only for Deluxe owners?

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow can't believe I'm excited for a SW game again. It's been so long. My most anticipated game this year

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Spot on, but I feel this happens on here from time to time. I would not be at all surprised if this game ends up being the real thing, something great. I've been pretty sold on it from very early on.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
What is wrong with paid DLC? There have been some great paid DLCs. Micro transactions =/= Paid DLC.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with paid DLC? There have been some great paid DLCs. Micro transactions =/= Paid DLC.
Yeah, I don't mind paid DLC when its in the vein of expansions like the Witcher 3 had. A lot of the time it's like 2 boring missions and pointless side quests. Like Watch Dogs 2.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

I mean are you forgetting that this game had a really bad E3 showing that didn't actually explain what the game was? It just showcased some awkward-looking combat and a very linear play forming segment. It wasn't until some people saw the longer behind-closed-doors demo that we started getting "no, wait, this game might actually be great" buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.