• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
Game with combat like dark souls and god of war combat are great, they are nice change, but it does not mean all games have to be like them now.
I don't want all action games to have to require a lot of time and study into the move set and stuff.
Gows had the perfect balance of ease and depth when it came to combat.
Or maybe I'm just getting old. Haha.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I was thinking about EA access to play it but Respawn deserves the full $60 and I want to support SP games. Especially 3rd person Souls-Likes. This will hopefully be the best one yet, not hard to do, but still.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Game with combat like dark souls and god of war combat are great, they are nice change, but it does not mean all games have to be like them now.
I don't want all action games to have to require a lot of time and study into the move set and stuff.
Gows had the perfect balance of ease and depth when it came to combat.
Or maybe I'm just getting old. Haha.

Sekiro? As long as I won't have to constantly block and deflect, I really wouldn't like that.

EA want the game to appeal to all ages etc, and from what I've read, the above isn't something that you'll have to do, if that helps.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Will start the game on hardest difficulty, hopefully it provides some good challenge.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is exactly what this holiday needs. Honestly after this and Shenmue... that's it for the holiday lineup.
This game could potentially sneak in and still the holidays.
Fingers crossed

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Its Respawn, so I expected a great game tbh. Though this sounds even better than I expected, hope I enjoy it as much as the person posting about it.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Can the OT title be something obnoxious and trite like "The Power of the Dark Souls" just to annoy and loss people off please pretty please ????

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt anything will beat Sekiro as my GOTY, but I can see this game being a close second. Though I'm also having a lot of fun with Death Stranding so far.

I am really loving this year.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will be getting this for Christmas, I think. Thanks for the write up!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
if it's as good as it sounds i feel guilty for (probably) passing it up, enough stuff to play over the holidays. i might come around though

Feb 10, 2018
EA want the game to appeal to all ages etc, and from what I've read, the above isn't something that you'll have to do, if that helps.
I'm kinda of mixed on this typed of combat, after like 12hrs, I am finally getting to grips with God of wars combat, (that's its best to use a combination of throwing axe, atreus, rage mode, combos and block).
I guess it was similar when I first played god of war 1, but I found the learning curve more enjoyable at first, however gow2018 does feel rather satisfying when you get a good handle on the combat.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda of mixed on this typed of combat, after like 12hrs, I am finally getting to grips with God of wars combat, (that's its best to use a combination of throwing axe, atreus, rage mode, combos and block).
I guess it was similar when I first played god of war 1, but I found the learning curve more enjoyable at first, however gow2018 does feel rather satisfying when you get a good handle on the combat.

Just in case you didn't know, Stig Asmussen is the director of Jedi: Fallen Order.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I never asked for a SP Star Wars game. Worst of all Respawn is known for making great MP gameplay and now they're rotting away on some linear game in my eyes.

Why can't you just be happy that other SW fans like yourself finally might get their dream Jedi game?? There will be more live service SW games in the future but Jedi Fallen Order seems like a rare treat that likely won't happen again.

And they aren't "rotting" away since they created a new Action adventure team to develop the game which is led by the guy who directed the previous GoW games. That and the game isn't strictly linear.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Not from Reddit, but:

More importantly, the gameplay seems extremely solid, with a well-thought out melee combat system that seems to sit somewhere between the old Jedi Knight games and Dark Souls itself.

But with Cal, the fantasy we're trying to make is not that of Luke Skywalker or Rey. Or a Jedi in their prime. This is about becoming a Jedi. So you're a Padawan who's had a really rough go of it, you were a trainee when you survived Order 66, he's got scars on his face, he's got trauma. And it's about that hero's journey and him rising to that level of being a fully-fledged Jedi.

We definitely looked to A New Hope and the original trilogy, but especially A New Hope, in terms of what we're emulating and the experience you get. So I want to take you back to 1977 as much as possible. And you have to look at Star Wars, because it's been around for 40 years now, in terms of intent and execution. And that's true of our game as well.

...if we had more time we could talk about how we've tried to model game systems and narrative systems inside the games, to replicate what's happening in the story. At the simplest level our game is about becoming a Jedi, and we have a very intentional game design where there's choice and consequence at every moment in the combat and traversal. And we want you and Cal to grow at the same time, to really make you feel like you're mastering the skillsets and the powers of the Jedi as he's doing them in the story.

So there's a real intentional goal on the part of us as developers to, under the hood, meld those two things together. It's certainly something new and different, whether you want to call it gamematic or ludonarrative…

Last edited:

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping I get this delivered one day early. I'm already fed up with MW, I want to to play this now.

I'm going to start it on normal, and I just hope they have not made it too easy.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Yeah, I read it, and I've read it for a many a fluff piece before. Just don't expect the actual game to be like for like comparison to those!

The B-roll footage shows off a lot of Uncharted/AC platforming and combat is definitely Dark Souls/Sekiro esque with how its deliberate yet fluid

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
The B-roll footage shows off a lot of Uncharted/AC platforming and combat is definitely Dark Souls/Sekiro esque with how its deliberate yet fluid

Hope it's good, but let's not get carried away. If it does one or two of those games we'll, it's a win, let's not expect fucking 5 of them.

There's always these nonensical reddit takes, don't let It get you too carried away, that's all..

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Hope it's good, but let's not get carried away. If it does one or two of those games we'll, it's a win, let's not expect fucking 5 of them.

There's always these nonensical reddit takes, don't let It get you too carried away, that's all..

Everything he's said lines up with what the previews have said. Thats not getting carried away. Thats literally the game.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

If it was just the reddit post people would be weary. But this is the same thing pretty much every person who played it at the preview event said as well.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
if you have told me few months ago i'd be THIS hyped for star wars game i would've laugh at you face

holy shit this shaping up to be a GOTY contender

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Another atypical power that can be used is the so-called Psychometrics , through which Cal can obtain some information on people and events simply by touching objects. In Jedi Fallen Order will be used above all to allow the player to deepen the narration and the background of each planet: touching a weapon or the corpses of some enemies, for example, it will be possible to perceive their Echo in the Force and relive the last moments of their life . In the series The Clone Wars we saw the Jedi Quinlan Vos use Psychometrics, but Contreras told us that the way it is implemented in Jedi: Fallen Order is inspired by the exceptional independent game Return of the Obra Dinn.
"Sometimes the Jedi have an extra-sensory perception," he adds. "Like Luke sensing Leia, Vader sensing Luke or Snoke who is able to connect Kylo and Rey through the Galaxy. It is therefore the ability to perceive other things through the Force, and Cal Psychometry works the same way , although in a very specific way, since he needs to touch an object that has come into contact with someone who has had a powerful or mystical experience, so he can listen to his Echo through the Force, which is how he describes it. In Fallen Order Cal uses Psychometrics while exploring different planets in order to get an idea of what happened in each setting rather than perceiving what is going to happen, and this has a big impact even on the game's most powerful moments, because make him very sensitive to what happens in the Force. "

Spoilered because it discusses a Force power, and I don't remember if it's been discussed.

"Every decision made regarding amputations is linked to the desire to remain faithful to the Star Wars brand," he told us. "Just look at what has been done over the years with Star Wars. Once again we talk about 40 years of content, in which there were different rules that belonged to different times. But if you see in the past, Lucas used amputations usually "For non-humanoid or non-sentient characters. Unless it was a very important moment in history. They were particularly significant events when it came to that level. So we're sticking to those rules."

Taken from an interview conducted by multiplayer.it, with Aaron Contreras (used Google translate).

Status
Not open for further replies.