• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So your saying straight tens? I'm thinking high 8s
Actually no. I've said a few times in the thread that was just closed that I think it will meta at 89 around 89. I think, even if it does everything very well reviewers will ding it for not doing anything new. Even though that's a load of crap and few games do anything truly new.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
So hyped since I pre-ordered it. It has been ages since we got to play as a jedi.

Tbf I even loved both the force unleashed games when they came out. Maybe they don't hold up if I would revisit them now, as my gaming taste has changed but I enjoyed them for what they were.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Star Wars bores me to tears these days, but I think I might have to give this one a chance. Sounds really good.

Damn I wish the combat was more button mashey like Force Unleashed. I'm not in the mood to play a Souls like game right now. Everything else sounds kinda cool, the way he talks about the progression almost sounds like a Ratchet game with returning to different planets.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I love Star Wars and single player games in general but all this Soulsy combat comparisons is a negative for me. I'm just hoping it's not heavy handed in that approach. Still getting it day one, I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Respawn, as Infinity Ward, saved the FPS multiplayer shooter with Modern Warfare. They then went on to save the battle royale with Apex Legends. And now in one swoop they are saving the Star Wars IP and the Souls-genre.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good to me! I think this is one of those games that don't look good in videos but great when played firsthand.

I need to refresh my Star Wars lore before playing it though. Which movies should I watch other than the original and new trilogies?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Damn I wish the combat was more button mashey like Force Unleashed. I'm not in the mood to play a Souls like game right now. Everything else sounds kinda cool, the way he talks about the progression almost sounds like a Ratchet game with returning to different planets.
On the easier difficulties it sounds like it can be pretty button mashy.

The people who made this game were smart enough to know it's a Star Wars game so it had to have a broad range of difficulties for everyone to enjoy.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It's not a Souls-like, people. It's not as challenging. No tricky, hidden enemies. No getting lost. No minimalistic design etc. Some of you are worrying too much about this, cause journos must compare everything that isn't a slasher to Souls :P

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds more like an ad..
It could be but the poster has a big ticket game early. That alone generates an amount of hype with someone to cloud their judgment. Like all those bloggers who get to see a movie early and only have exaggerated praise for it then it turns out to be crap.

I somehow made my post about Last Jedi. I'm such a Star Wars nerd.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So if someone loves a game they don't get an opinion they just get to make an ad? That seems fairly cynical even for the internet.
Posted something similar in another thread. That the tendency to see negativity towards a game as normal and expected, but positivity as suspect/not genuine/must have an agenda is weird and pretty messed-up

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Is Grandmaster unlocked from the start or an NG+ kinda deal?
Right from the start.
It could be but the poster has a big ticket game early. That alone generates an amount of hype with someone to cloud their judgment. Like all those bloggers who get to see a movie early and only have exaggerated praise for it then it turns out to be crap.

I somehow made my post about Last Jedi. I'm such a Star Wars nerd.
Sure, but a few weeks ago lots of games media people got to play it for 3 hours and almost all of them walked away praising it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I read it, and I've read it for a many a fluff piece before. Just don't expect the actual game to be like for like comparison to those!

I mean, anyone who watches gameplay of it can tell those comparisons are apt. It's clearly taking elements from all those games and putting it into the SW universe. Whether or not the game itself is as good as any of the games it's being compared to remains to be seen but that's not the point of the comparison.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a Souls-like, people. It's not as challenging. No tricky, hidden enemies. No getting lost. No minimalistic design etc. Some of you are worrying too much about this, cause journos must compare everything that isn't a slasher to Souls :P

OK so how would you explain combat where you, A, have a stamina meter that determines how much you can block/attack. B have to time block, parris, and dodges or get take massive damage. C have limited health and health regen. D have to analyze each encounter because if you don't and you just rush in you will get killed by even bais enemies.

Because to me souls is exactly what this sounds like (a tad more like Bloodborne since it's a lot of dodging and parrying but same principle)

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
OK so how would you explain combat where you, A, have a stamina meter that determines how much you can block/attack. B have to time block, parris, and dodges or get take massive damage. C have limited health and health regen. D have to analyze each encounter because if you don't and you just rush in you will get killed by even bais enemies.

Because to me souls is exactly what this sounds like (a tad more like Bloodborne since it's a lot of dodging and parrying but same principle)
There is a "story mode" difficulty for goodness sake. I don't think most of that is going to mean much when playing on easier difficulties.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
I'm hyped for this game. The game linearity/ length was one of my main concerns but it seems there's enough to do and to explore. Looking forward to release.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017

Have you played Sekiro? It seems a lot more like that than Souls.

In Sekiro you can just overwhelm grunt enemies with button mashing, it's the minibosses/bosses where the challenge comes and this is supposedly much easier than Sekiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.